Nice Things

Double 0 Soul

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Knuckle duster back pocket fades are like the coolest shit, do you sell switchblade combs too?

As a kid, I used to dream of ordering those from the back pages of Li'l Lotta comics along with x-ray specs, Chinese finger traps and sea monkeys

3 hours ago, mondo said:

As a kid, I used to dream of ordering those from the back pages of Li'l Lotta comics along with x-ray specs, Chinese finger traps and sea monkeys

The guy who invented all that bullshit (Harold Von Braunhut) was a nazi so don't feel too bad that you wasn't supporting his cause @mondo  :D

The Shocking True Tale Of The Man Who Invented The Sea Monkeys

Hitler and The Sea Monkeys

The Sea Monkeys and the White Supremacist

20 hours ago, Will__G said:

Looks like a pair of Tek TDS1000 oscilloscopes on the rack

TDS20xx, many more than a pair…

Good eye, had to squint to see where in the photos they made an appearance

On 3/29/2021 at 4:53 PM, julian-wolf said:

TDS20xx, many more than a pair…

Good eye, had to squint to see where in the photos they made an appearance

I live in the world of Test & Measurement equipment, and am very familiar with Tek products. It doesn't take much to catch my eye...I was looking for cal stickers!... I don't see any :-/ haha...

Kid Acne paste up, which i 'harvested' some years ago from a pending demolition nr my work

It had been up for a good few years so the patination is just awesome

fullsizeoutput_1d36.jpeg

...from his 'Stabby Woman' series which addresses the often misrepresented ladies of graff

I framed it up and stuck it on the wall..

fullsizeoutput_2ecc.jpeg

Is @Kit Carruthers going to share that Faile Dog print with us?

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Mandy Payne's 'Extraordinariness of Ordinariness'

fullsizeoutput_2ee5.jpeg

Painted on concrete panel so it has some lovely imperfections, you can see it displayed here at her Out of Time exhibition at Huddersfield Art Gallery

https://youtu.be/1chA6I2yVBY

(skip to 17.30) 

IMG_1773.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

I mounted it within a tray frame because it was going to sit at the side of her 'Everything of Value Has Been Removed' (Park Hill) and i wanted them both to be in a white frame.

fullsizeoutput_2ee4.jpeg

Mandy lives just up the road from me so ive been lucky enough to visit her home studio a few times.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

• 3 weeks later...
This one might divide opinion and that's understandable, i'm not into killing things for the sake of decoration either.

A friend of mine's dining room is reminiscent of a Victorian curiosity shop (his pet chameleon hangs out there too) he has a wall of framed insects and say what you will, they're certainly interesting, like those entomology drawers in the natural history museum, my kid is obsessed by it, so when it was his birthday he let the boy choose one, this one..

fullsizeoutput_2f7f.jpeg

Pop Quiz
No peeking on the interwebz..
Name the film reference for 10 points?

fullsizeoutput_2f7e.jpeg

Edited by Double 0 Soul

• 2 months later...

“Don't talk to us or our highly hydrated child ever again!“ :D

got the big water bottles recently, klean kanteen 64oz/1,9l wide mouth, single walled.  Mostly intended for outdoor use. The “tiny“ one is my daily beater,, 800ml single walled mizu. Best for daily use and stillund going after about 10 years. These things are indestructible :D

IMG-20210802-WA0002.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

The chandelier in our library - probably French Art Deco 1920-1930’s, possibly earlier (1910’s).

4C2C4942-52B2-426C-84E1-9CBBC58F575E.thumb.jpeg.c5e488a31f814af1ae41de41c2b02db3.jpeg

found it in a vintage, modernist design store decades ago - fits the apartment & room perfectly - never getting tired of it.

love the details…

55D94215-6437-4DCE-9DDF-E087FB2FD181.thumb.jpeg.14e749bbea4b2ad678ac5851643a7bf3.jpegED6E357A-7A78-4A36-A939-D9B66C86FFE3.thumb.jpeg.e5534f9507d497090637af2a2de2ec8d.jpeg9A6F1AD6-FDF6-43AA-8EF8-FF4097B8CFB6.thumb.jpeg.a0b9e725df3a21cfb4ad09c742877645.jpeg

doesn't fit the anchor at the ceiling, but I don’t mind.

On 8/21/2021 at 9:58 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

Parquet deserves a place in this thread

That’s right! I intend to feature it soon…

But today I have to point out that I still like these recycled coffee mugs very much.

4DEA8080-BD33-4FDE-A317-52ECCBFE6828.thumb.jpeg.6e5136e7e29a36e003edd40e30d3e7b5.jpeg

its made from recycled coffee husks and intended to re-cycled at its lifecycle end - they are also setting up a cup swap network…

6 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

That’s right! I intend to feature it soon…

But today I have to point out that I still like these recycled coffee mugs very much.

Make sure you feature more of them sexy cast iron rads at the same time please [aubergine emoji]

6 hours ago, unders said:

Make sure you feature more of them sexy cast iron rads at the same time please [aubergine emoji]

will do, although they are original and very nice they are not decorated like those...

heizkoerper_artikelbild.jpg.1ee43933c506852742461ea569f7e35f.jpg

Hario skerton mill I got a few years ago. Only used for specialty whole bean coffees, grinding by hand is too much of a hastle to be part of the daily routine and don't have an electric mill right now.

Still, great thing, looks great and works great as everything I have by Hario. Got a one cup filter as well.

1630252563039-546011630.jpg

• 4 months later...

Stuck at home for a few days so i thought i'd bump this thread

Restored and re-covered 1960's lounge chair by Polish designer Edmund Homa, Royal Danish academy of fine arts.

fullsizeoutput_3336.thumb.jpeg.585f27e73043639dd6b8d44d45d92323.jpeg

Yes, i know the windows need cleaning :blush2:

..also i have one of my paintings on loan to an exhibition at Millenium Galleries for the next 6mths so ive got this two stone lithograph and multiple block print in it's place

fullsizeoutput_3338.thumb.jpeg.bf899e899534d3a69e4e875772d85a98.jpeg

The exhibition starts on the 15th of Jan, it's called 'Where We Live' it focusses on the notions of where we call home.

Edited by Double 0 Soul