Nice Things

Double 0 Soul

Its a Petromax (made in Germany) i bought it from Woodland Ways in Bakewell.

Dotted around the Peaks are old van wheels which have been spotwelded to makeshift metal tables, they make perfect braziers for cooking your food while camping, i just take a sack of wood from work and a grill, dig out a 'van-wheel brazier' from one of the farms and i'm good to go..

fullsizeoutput_2c58

...when the sun goes down they keep your feet warm :)

fullsizeoutput_139

...so i bought a similar style cast iron grill which i can take car camping or use in the garden, tbh it's not as good at bbq-ing as my neighbours Weber but it is very portable, the Weber just excels because you can close the lid and keep the heat in but you can't chuck it in the back of the car.

I use those melting domes (seen on previous page) to give me a similar 'oven' effect to the Weber..

Edited by Double 0 Soul

IMG-20210123-WA0000.jpeg

IMG_20210123_114502.jpg

IMG_20210123_114455.jpg

This 12“ enamelled cast iron pot is another piece of my cookware collection. Used for baking bread, this ones a mix of 40% rye, 40% wheat and 10% whole wheat with a levain made with oat meal and old bread. 

Had one of those years ago which cost about 100€, but the enamel cracked within 2 uses. Sent it back and got this one at Aldi this summer, works great since then. Surely not le creuset, but does the job.

Edited by Thanks_M8

Siegfried Kuebler designed Wilson Profile which i bought in 1990 (next to my kids Pro Staff)

It was the very first of the widebodies, i still remember picking one up for the first time at 'Racquets' on Division St

fullsizeoutput_2ca1

Non of that East German crap for me :)

fullsizeoutput_2c9f

I had to trade in my treasured Made in England Dunlop Max 200G for this beauty..

fullsizeoutput_2ca4

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Realized I have a few pocket knives floating around.

IMG_20210127_181946.jpg

The one with the wooden handle I got from my SO 2 years for my birthday, the Carhartt-WIP one I got 2014 I think. Special edition and all that, came in a fancy leather sleeve, probably lost that. 

IMG_20210127_181939.jpg

IMG_20210127_181906.jpg

I carry this one on my keyfob, since it often comes in handy. The victorinox logo on the back fell off a while ago.

IMG_20210127_181902.jpg

IMG_20210127_181819.jpg

These two are probably my favorites. Had the Opinel since I've been a teenager and held up great. Sharpened it with a whetstone a while ago, which can be seen. Made with carbon steel, still sharp enough for all my needs. 

IMG_20210127_181709.jpg

Edited by Thanks_M8