Pandemic Masks

julian-wolf

3 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

I neg repped your post. That was the entirety of my response. It's not at all clear how you're getting from that to "REALLY offended" or "madh", but seriously, you'll have a much better time here if you stop taking everything so personally.

You just negged my post?

not true, liar 

this is your RESPONSE

On 9/30/2020 at 4:32 PM, Duodequinquagesimus said: 

social media is for teenagers or bored women. 

Wild how every single time I neg rep you for casual sexism (this is what, the third time? Fourth?) you go through the trouble of looking through my post history and finding 4–5 (edit: we’re up to 7, this time around) completely unrelated posts to neg rep as some sort of vengeance

You’ve really got something to prove, haven’t you

At least Ed had the decency to own up to being an ass & stand up for himself

Edited Wednesday at 08:36 PM by julian-wolf

“Social media is for teenagers or bored women”
You are the one that took my comment personal. 
thats why I thought you were a woman because I knew you weren’t a teenager.

and you called “shitty guy” someone else for not agreeing with the mask issue. 
personal again.

you need to be hard in the issue but leave people alone or you will get the same shite you gave if not more. So be specific-Casual sexism-  how  what where when 
maybe you are right and i can learn 

Edited by Duodequinquagesimus

I am level-headed. That’s why I like to question things rather than blindly accept them. I’ve read various reports on pros and cons of the effectiveness of masks and obviously the current research is advocating their use. The WHO is recommending we wear them although it wasn’t back in March. There are variables which impact their effectiveness too, such as type of mask, who should wear them, when, etc. If this is a thread about masks, then surely it’s the space for a wider discussion on them?  Like most people, I wear a mask when required to do so although I consider them as a functional item rather than a fashion accessory, that’s my opinion. I think it’s fine for people, including me, to post our thoughts here rather than be asked to discuss elsewhere or leave the thread, that’s not a very tolerant perspective.

^this is why l posted my photo of the so called 'throwaway' masks, as it depends on your location and how often you need to wear one. I can understand making your own or buying quality reusable masks if you have to use them every day, but for me living/working in a semi- rural area/industry, l have to use one only very briefly for two reasons (food shop and petrol station), and when home - spray with disinfectant and hang to air dry and re-use.  I have only put three to waste and recycled the material and the wires so far.

7 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Honestly, yes, I'm offended by your making light of the needless and avoidable deaths of hundreds of thousands of people—but that's far from what I was getting at. That alone wouldn't've warranted a reply, and, while generally in poor taste, your shitty humor definitely doesn't make you a shitty person. What does make you a shitty person is refusing to make adjustments to your life which would aid directly in slowing the spread of a major global pandemic: your actions and the actions of those like you are costing people their lives, and, to put it in terms that you may be more likely to care about, your actions are a primary reason for businesses continuing to be unable to reopen and for the continuing failure of the economy. This isn't about me being offended; it's about me being pissed off that you're getting in the way of me and the rest of the world getting back to our normal lives.

Look, if you don't want to wear a mask, don't wear a mask. This thread's not for you. Not everyone on this forum likes wearing watches, so not everyone posts in the watches thread. This really shouldn't be any more complicated than that. (The only difference is that folks choosing not to wear watches aren't harming anyone else in the process, and, again, you very much are.)

The benefits of masks are far beyond the point of being questionable within reason. Peer-reviewed results detailing their efficacy in slowing the spread of the disease have been available for months, and are no longer ambiguous. The last paragraph goes for you as well—if you don't want to participate, don't. That said, while I've come to expect this sort of bullshit from Radiohead, and while it makes a lot of sense coming from Duo, I really would have expected better from you, Martin. You always seemed like a fairly level-headed guy.

If either of you want somewhere to publicly argue into the void against the explicit recommendations of scientists and public health experts, do it in the COVID thread over on Supertrash, not here.

He actually thought there was a pandemic.. oh dear. You need to look up MK ultra. Quit watching television “ tell a vision” if you actually take 5 minutes and look at the data you will realize you were lied to. That’s what governments do to the masses. They lie and use fear and propaganda to take more control. This is not rocket science. History repeats itself. Plandemic not pandemic. Rant over. 

EC150791-6925-4EDB-A7BA-D5CA946B9A93.png

25 minutes ago, DoitsuJin said:

Like @julian-wolf, if anybody wishes to not wear a mask, I get it.

What I don't get is why the debate about masks attracts so much hostility

Because first it’s masks, then it’s vaccines, and it’s a very slippery slope. When governments start making these mandates it eventually leads to genocide. That’s where this is all going. Population reduction. Governments are inherently corrupt and wicked because of the control and power and greed that comes along with it. 

7 minutes ago, Radiohead89 said:

Because first it’s masks, then it’s vaccines, and it’s a very slippery slope. When governments start making these mandates it eventually leads to genocide. That’s where this is all going. Population reduction. Governments are inherently corrupt and wicked because of the control and power and greed that comes along with it. 

Population reduction?

i thought you meant it wasn’t a pandemia itself (?)

Just now, Duodequinquagesimus said:

Population reduction?

i thought you meant it wasn’t a pandemia itself (?)

It isn’t. However once the mandatory vaccine comes along.... things will be different. Some people will put up a fight. Others will take the vaccine and up getting sick. All part of agenda 21/30

8 minutes ago, Radiohead89 said:

It isn’t. However once the mandatory vaccine comes along.... things will be different. Some people will put up a fight. Others will take the vaccine and up getting sick. All part of agenda 21/30

You agree with the Bill Gates wants to kill us theory? 
So what will kill us IS the vaccine?

all this mess just to kill some part of the world population? There are much easier ways...
we all remember back in the 80s when AIDS was created by men to kill homosexuals. 

Right now the world is under a state of CONFUSION. 

1 hour ago, Radiohead89 said:

He actually thought there was a pandemic.. oh dear. You need to look up MK ultra. Quit watching television “ tell a vision” if you actually take 5 minutes and look at the data you will realize you were lied to. That’s what governments do to the masses. They lie and use fear and propaganda to take more control. This is not rocket science. History repeats itself. Plandemic not pandemic. Rant over. 

Just letting you know how you sound right now lol.

tenor.gif?itemid=10587157

The absolute state of today’s society. @Broark no I don’t watch Alex Jones. He’s not more than a Trump shilling gatekeeper. I pray for you all to have more discernment and wisdom on the things happening in this world or you could fill your lives with meaningless in the end consumption. I like denim as a hobby and enjoy nice things but at the end of the day this place ends up being an echo chamber when you step slightly out of line with what you talk about. What the hell happened to men this generation? 

9A392248-2A41-4A9E-B7BF-834D9180E4BC.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Radiohead89 said:

I pray for you all to have more discernment and wisdom on the things happening in this world or you could fill your lives with meaningless in the end consumption. What the hell happened to men this generation? 

Don’t pray for me and never ever patronise me, you insufferable apologist.

Please forgive me if I sound like a preacher or schoolmarm trying to make peace.  But after listening to the same debate play out everywhere, including my own home, over masks, vaccines, and politics, I've come to believe that the enemy is the virus and intolerance, rather than the imperfect actions or views of others.  Sometimes it's better to refrain from blame, however justifiable, because we have problems to solve and life to enjoy, and we're going to do more of that respecting each other than pointing the finger.

Every group will have a range of views and we have that here.  Should that be a surprise?  We like jeans, but that doesn't mean we're going to agree on much else.  Disagreeing should be a given, for anyone who's lived more than 25 or 30 years.  But can we be patient and even enjoy the variety of views, which can be entertaining, if not always enlightening?  To quote one of our leading lights here, Duod noted that we're not all scientists.  So most of us are not experts on a stealthy virus that everyone is still learning about.  Even ardent maskers occasionally go without and freedom loving anti-maskers might wear one at times.  Similarly, most vaccines may be essential, but a few may do harm.  Issues are often not simple and the 'answer' may lie somewhere in between our most extreme and dichotomous views.

So let's enjoy the ride folks and the company, whether the topic be denim or something else.  While I don't love it when someone criticizes me or disagrees, I've often learned more from them than from those who see things my way or say nothing.

Edited by JohnM

3 hours ago, DoitsuJin said:

and it's news to me that masks are mandated all over the world

no it's not. government mandated in some but recommended in most. even where it's not, it's absolutely down to company policies wherever you go rather than a government mandated one. 

Edited by louisbosco

6 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

no it's not. government mandated in some but recommended in most. even where it's not, it's absolutely down to company policies wherever you go rather than a government mandated one. 

yeah, it was a tongue in cheek comment :p

Edited by DoitsuJin