Superdenim Specific Music Meta Thread...

UkeNo

42 minutes ago, fre-co said:

Reliving my youth with these turntables that I just picked up. 
sold this exact set up (without cases but better carts) in 2008 for a third of what I just paid... gosh.

Ha, i acquired a mint TR-909 last month from a friend of mine (i was telling maynard about it recently) he's a musician and covid has hit him hard so he was reluctantly considering selling it, he wanted £4k, ive given him £2k which will keep the wolves away from the door on agreement that he can buy it back in a year or 2's time when he gets his shit together or ive got the option to buy for another £2k, i don't think i'm going to buy it, the prices have gone crazy in recent years but i'm having fun twiddling.

Do you think we're having a mid-life crisis @fre-co ?

^^I know Paul Simonon's little sis although i haven't seen her for a few years.. a group of my friends used to rent a massive house in Sheff, affectionately known as 'Studders' i/we all used to crash there at the weekends which was perfect because it was difficult for me to get home to the Derbyshire village where i was lived after a night out, folks used to come and go, it was more like a commune, Paul's sis lived there for a year after she split with her partner...

...once i brought a massive pie to the house to share.. i put the gas oven on to pre-heat, put the pie in (the oven had no shelves) turned my back to get the oven gloves and unbeknown to me, a mouse ran into the oven to feast on the pie (there was a terrible rodent problem) i shut the oven door... some time later i opened the door to turn the pie around and the mouse ran out with smoke coming from it, it keeled over and died at my feet...the pie crust had a hole in the middle, the mouse obviously thought fuck it, it's my last meal but we ate it anyway... happy, crazy days in that house.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Ive had this shuffle for around 10yrs and the on/off hasn't worked for the last 3 so i thought id have a go at fixing it..

Stuck it on the radiator for 5mins to soften the glue and levered the screen off with my thumbnail, unscrewed this metal plate thing, took the battery out with tweezers, dismantled the power switch, stuck a tiny bit of 0.5mm metal shim onto the even tinier little button with epoxy, reassembled and its good as new...well nearly, i think there's some dust on the mirror but it works and turns on/off for the first time in years :)

P1030241.JPG

P1030242.JPG

P1030243.JPG

fullsizeoutput_2a1c.jpeg

On 8/30/2020 at 6:17 PM, Foxy2 said:

Ordered it directly - that way the money goes to the right people...

I was chatting to Eve last night over the garden wall while we were having a socially distant bonfire in the garden, she said she had to look Eigg up but it made her happy knowing her films are reaching the far corners..

Today's offering

Edited by Double 0 Soul