Superdenim Specific Music Meta Thread...

UkeNo

56 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

Clink from Mr C's pov including the Hacienda at about 10 mins in

That’s a good video, never seen it before. It was mad inside the place. I remember the DJ wearing a visor with a sweeping red light like Geordie La Forge from Star Trek, mixing in an acid track with Natalie Cole’s Pink Cadillac, whilst rapping over the top and the crowd going wild. Walked home from there, across London Bridge with the sun rising. Happy days!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I might have shared tracks from this album before but have been sucked in again these last few long hot and slow summer days… extremely sick blues and related music from Mali. The whole album is on youtube here. enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

^at 0.47.. there is a sample from 'Out There' by Friends of Mathew.. :)

^^One of my friends.. who quite liked Orville on the TV (or so his parents thought) took him to see Keith Harris at Butlin's.. or somewhere.. Keith walked out into the audience with the green duck and he screamed the f'kin place down.. Keith sat next to him to try and persuade him that Orville was friendly as you would with a kid who was scared of dogs but it traumatised him.. he was climbing over the seats to escape, Orville still terrifies him now!

Anyway, today's offering

• 3 weeks later...

Any slowdive fans? I randomly learned they were playing Boston in September and managed to score some tickets, and then realized they have a new album coming with a single out now.  Just incredible

22 hours ago, HGS said:

@AlientoyWorkmachine I missed the last tour and am beyond excited.  An all-time favorite and I loved the reunion album.

It was a memorable show, even for a more recent fan like myself. I went with a lifelong fan - friend of mine who got me into them - and it seemed to be everything he'd hoped for. Have a great time! I wish they were coming to Detroit.