Superdenim Specific Music Meta Thread...

UkeNo

@Suitedupmon glad to introduce such silliness to people...

for me see me ridin' is the best of the three rev albums I know, bought as cd in a 2nd hand sf record store, listened on repeat driving to la... (others I have listened to... strangeworld and clouds of glory)

would be happy to grow old as gracefully...

but to move from the synth and to a little more of [a distended take on] metal, but keeping to the love of distortion, and thinking of strong car tunes combined with a patient attitude...

boris, absolutego, is a strong example of Japanese noisenixz learning from the sludge metal of the melvins [gluey porch treatments strongest recommend...]

tfw when the drums finally kick in... [after about 20 minutes...]

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

I first started going out raving in 1990 at The Limit in Sheff cos i could get in at 16 :) historically (pre-rave) it was a legendary punk/alt kind of joint.. followed by The Porterhouse at Retford, i loved this place but one of my DJ/Pirate radio hero's Chris Duckenfield had a shotgun pulled on him by one of the owners when he went to collect his £200 fee after months of packing the joint to the rafters so sadly that came to an end, I also liked Insomniak at Occasions in Sheff and Creation at the City Hall wasn't bad either... here's a little clip of the scene in the city on the cusp of acid-house, this was in the FON days, pre-Warp. I never got into Jiveturkey, i was too young and it was a bit too dressy for my steeze.

...a few goosebumpers for me, i met my Mrs when we're were a pair of loved up 18yr olds, she lived in a hotel in Manchester on placement while doing a restaurateurs diploma so during the golden age i had the best of both sides of the Pennines.

Haha yeah a lower BPM works for me now and I was on the lower end of preferences back then

Still listen predominantly to Graeme Park but also sometimes old Boy George sets and Todd Terry on Mix Cloud

I wouldn't even know if you got clubs similar to the Quad, The State (Liverpool), Hacienda, Up Yer Ronson, Back to Basics etc with that kind of atmosphere these days.  Back then with no social media and hardly any cameras at all, it was all about a good night out

27 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

Haha yeah a lower BPM works for me now and I was on the lower end of preferences back then

Still listen predominantly to Graeme Park but also sometimes old Boy George sets and Todd Terry on Mix Cloud

I wouldn't even know if you got clubs similar to the Quad, The State (Liverpool), Hacienda, Up Yer Ronson, Back to Basics etc with that kind of atmosphere these days.  Back then with no social media and hardly any cameras at all, it was all about a good night out

Yes - sometime wish id been more of an officianado and had known much more  but it was difficult to get the information. Also went to B2B and Up yer Ronson and Orbit and Saturday night Warehouse before it was Vague - and mid week nights were often even better sometimes like Joy and  Kaos. then you'd sometimes unwittingly find yourself at a really heavy acid night that was just too unrelenting just cos you were free that night and couldn't tell who djs were. Like you Doubleo also had Manchester friends so that was an alternative too and Nottingham DIY......... Sigh........

36 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

While we're at it... Marina Van Rooy anyone?  Mesmerising voice, awesome 

Don't mind putting my hands in the air for that...

While we're at it.. there was also a cool British hip-hop/rave cross over thing going on late 80's early 90's around the time of Soul II Soul, Bomb the Bass ect the likes of..

Edited by Double 0 Soul

They're ringing bells :)... the music is pretty raw and 'unprocessed' - part of the appeal at the time and still now

Edit - just realised... appropriate description for music on a denim forum!

Edited by MJF9