Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Day 2 - very relieved the jeans fit fine :) 

Has anyone noticed how small the back pockets are? Must be (?) partly the wider wonkier good-looking stitching shape that's a feature of the WW2's. But also the overall pockets are smaller than many I reckon - I really like it :biggrin: - smaller pockets on jeans look far nicer to me.

Some peoples may have to switch wallets tho (or other back pocket detritus...)

9 minutes ago, Chris T said:

Day 2 - very relieved the jeans fit fine :) 

Has anyone noticed how small the back pockets are? Must be (?) partly the wider wonkier good-looking stitching shape that's a feature of the WW2's. But also the overall pockets are smaller than many I reckon - I really like it :biggrin: - smaller pockets on jeans look far nicer to me.

Some peoples may have to switch wallets tho (or other back pocket detritus...)

Yeah, i noticed that. And like you, I like them a lot! The stitching looks really good ^_^

@claes when you have it buttoned up, try unbuttoning the bottom button... should take the pressure off the other three and fall better.  The jacket looks the right size as per tigerstrom comments - any bigger may not work, nor would sizing down if you want to be able to wear a sweatshirt.  The sleeves will come up a bit as the arms crease which is good; you may also get some a tad more room in the body width with wear.  Solid fit on them jeans btw. 

6 hours ago, JohnM said:

Quick question regarding the 40s jacket. Are the two sharp prongs on the buckle supposed to go through the denim (i.e., pierce it) or just hold the straps in place?

Personal preference really, either way is fine.
I ended up pulling mine through as I found that the strap doesn't lay very flat without piercing the denim.

On 9/1/2020 at 12:23 PM, Frost said:

Berlin represent!

Rightly so, greetings fellow Berliner!

maybe we should organise a local meet-up before I head out to Scotland...

22 hours ago, Bowler said:

day-1-pockies.jpg.59f07bbb72fb4582db847630dcf66bf4.jpg 

01日目!さらに、他のジーンズのいくつかでクールなポケットアートをすべて見て、パッチを少し作りました!

人にパンツ!みんな頑張ってね! 

Wow!  Nice patch!  Everyone's custom ideas are exciting.

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

^ good stuff... f you have time, would be good to see a pic with bottom button undone for comparison

IMG_2684.thumb.jpg.1b8b41258f2255e39a40aed7d55d85be.jpg

Still with a t-shirt underneath, but this feels comfortable and works with a thick shirt or thin sweatshirt as well. 

3 minutes ago, claes said:

IMG_2684.thumb.jpg.1b8b41258f2255e39a40aed7d55d85be.jpg

Still with a t-shirt underneath, but this feels comfortable and works with a thick shirt or thin sweatshirt as well. 

I think the fit is similar to mine,mine is a bit tight round the waist band but arm length good and chest roomy enough if I sized up it would look to big 

2E9ED023-3E7E-4E8E-B2AC-55340CF5DF4B.jpeg

Just noticed that my pair (post another wash) measured exactly what Second Sunrise has for the TCB Norma jeans in size 28, in every dimension they show.

My pair is size 33. Lol.

This might be an explanation to why these pants seems to fit women so good?

I'm glad that they stretch like crazy though, waist from 37 to 42 cm in one day. 

20200902_122111.thumb.jpg.70e316f57fae4822d15590509e3cafc1.jpg

Day 2 muffin