Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

9 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

なゆた ありがとう!はい、私の小さなジーンズ店;)

正解です、私は2018年に日本に行ったことがあり、この小さなさるぼぼを買ったので飛騨高山も訪れました。赤は家族向けですよね?:)

Yes, the Red Sarubou is a classic example and is believed to bring good luck to families, marriages, safe births, happy couples, and the growth of children.  :DThen there will be the winning luck of your contest.  Good luck:laugh:

4 hours ago, Uncle Karl said:

私が来た!!!!!!!日本のスーパーナイスガイ!!!!!!!クレイジーな笑顔!!!!!! 日本から世界を盛り上げよう!!!!!!:D@ かめいせんぱい

yes :D crazy smile return

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

この写真が楽しみでした!

hahaha〜with crazy smile:)

@Broark what size jacket you go for? And what does it look like done up? Because it only has 4 buttons I was thinking of going for a 48. In the jeans I went for w38, factory length. 

Just now, Broark said:

Thanks everyone. @Toegun the jacket is a size 46, like my 50’s jacket. Feels a little smaller by comparison, buttoned up the pleats pull a little (hence the mention of losing my quarantine weight) but not majorly tight. 

it was already supposed to fit smaller than the 50s jkt and in line with the 30s.

@Broark it looks great, I have the same jacket but by Samurai also in a 46 and the four buttons make me wish it was a bit bigger (which I guess is another way of me saying I wish I was a bit slimmer :D), it looks great undone and ok when its done up. Hence I was looking at the sizes offered by TBC and just pondering...

@Broark you were asking about the jacket...

imo the length is spot on, the sleeves look like they fit well too and it looks good open... really nice jacket... if you plan, however, to wear it buttoned up and it's pulling now, losing a bit of weight might not make much difference... hard to tell, you know best on that score... if a size up means you'll wear it more and you're in doubt then might be best to bite the bullet and exchange now - I'm sure TCB would happily exchange... and btw good fit on the jeans!  Will be good to see a few competition tuxes...

Edited by MJF9

I have 40s and 50s jackets in size 44.  Love em both -- the 40s is shorter but also a little smaller/trimmer everywhere.  I'm wondering if this is by design or because the 40s came one-wash (TCB cold wash and machine dry) while the 50s came raw and has only had a warm soak.

It is definitely by design. As I said above the jacket is more similar in sizing to the 30s, which also fits smaller than the 50s and 60s. When I have asked Ryo suggested to go the same size as the 30s or one above the 50s. I wear the same size anyway, the 44 would have been too long for my liking.

@volvo240thebest I'm sorry if I'm missing the discussion, however, I can't find it on the first page as well, what is the T&C for the contest;

1. On September 1st we need to post the picture of the that supposed to be unworn jeans with a newspaper on this thread or another platform (such as IG)?

2. For the progress update, we are going to use this subtopic or different subtopic or another platform (IG,flickr,etc.)?

thank you!

42 minutes ago, tongtommy said:

@volvo240thebest I'm sorry if I'm missing the discussion, however, I can't find it on the first page as well, what is the T&C for the contest;

1. On September 1st we need to post the picture of the that supposed to be unworn jeans with a newspaper on this thread or another platform (such as IG)?

2. For the progress update, we are going to use this subtopic or different subtopic or another platform (IG,flickr,etc.)?

thank you!

1. here (it's not mandatory at all, just a fun thing) and you can double on IG if you wish

2. we're using this thread, but again, many will double on Instagram

3. you're most welcome

looks good @Broark; if the jacket fits in arms and shoulders, it fits, in my opinion... there's often a bit of pulling on the pleats on my LVC type I and II, especially with movement.  If we were wearing them as intended, we'd be ripping those boxes off and stuffing in under layers until we looked like ambulatory marshmallows. Also, jeans are a good fit on you!

Edited by mondo