Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

6 minutes ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

^this made me laugh a lot. I hope I’ll still be laughing tomorrow when I get the jeans. 

Yea all you can do is laugh. My first contest. Been lurking since the Roy x cone days. With that being said. I think my 33s Ow may work. If they measured Like the  Original measurements they would of been perfect. I haven’t even had to do any wetting the waistband and hand stretching. So I should be ok!!

Edited by breakingfad

Thanks! Yeah I really like the length. 

just a heads up for anyone who is struggling - I’ve got these things stretched out to 32 now. Just barely measuring 16 aligned. Just wet the waist band and wore til dry. 32 was where I wanted to be in the end anyways so I think I’m good to go 

11 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Tcb botched and I have no problem to say it.

that all said I had to google "gaslighting" and I think it's a sort of insult that I am not keen on taking or accepting. We're talking about a pair of jeans here, not molding minds of adults who should be well able to decide for themselves.

No hard feelings Jared, just stick up your gaslighting line up your soft a**e :D and we're fine.

Haha. Any criticism I offer can be taken or left with no hard feelings, at least on the subject of jeans. Point was, to my observation, folks were trying awfully hard to "make it work" and no one had yet stood up and acknowledged that there was an error and that we shouldn't be pressed to "make it work." I appreciate your candor here and at the risk of tmi, I'll certainly accept that criticism up may arse as it'll hit the prostate just right if you know what I mean. :ph34r2:

I certainly hope that TCB will update their measurements in their restock come October after this.

Edited by ReverendGlasseye

2 hours ago, el padre said:

This really is living on the edge 

(nice fit though)

Thanks, based on the raw fit and when I tried on damp I felt confident moving forward with the dryer.

2 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Awesome 

That would’ve been the perfect leg length for me

Thanks @Duke Mantee I was particularly interested in the inseam length you worked out.

What is it with people (mainly Americans it seems) and tumble dryers? I know we’ve had this conversation before but if you have a pair of jeans that just about fit, why risk further shrinkage than necessary?

14 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

What is it with people (mainly Americans it seems) and tumble dryers? I know we’ve had this conversation before but if you have a pair of jeans that just about fit, why risk further shrinkage than necessary?

Depends on the pair. I wouldn’t do it if I felt it would shrink beyond my desire. 

29 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I just prefer to use them. I also like knowing that they’ll never shrink any further. I always size to allow for it, and up until now, I’ve never had any problems (though I did size correctly per the chart)

36 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

What is it with people (mainly Americans it seems) and tumble dryers? 

To be fair I'm as British as the Queen* and I've tumble dried jeans when I want them to get smaller. although it's never made the difference I wanted it to.

* although she's maybe a bit German? I'm actually as British as having an argument in a taxi queue with a kebab in your pocket

@Maynard Friedman I live in Seattle where it pisses rain all year and we get maybe 30 days of decent sun a year. 
I use a dryer because I don’t want to wait 4-5 days for my jeans to air dry. 
If I lived in CA I would probably air dry a lot more 

7 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@Maynard Friedman I live in Seattle where it pisses rain all year and we get maybe 30 days of decent sun a year. 
I use a dryer because I don’t want to wait 4-5 days for my jeans to air dry. 
If I lived in CA I would probably air dry a lot more 

I wonder why airing cupboards never caught on in the wetter parts of the US. Quite a handy thing to have.

9 hours ago, el padre said:

Man, we know how to live life, don't we?

Nice fit, good luck with the stretch!

I wore mine round the house 14inch Waist yesterday,measurements this morning 15 inch,ow version they our stretching out like Inoue said and I trust his word,I’m not I’m not cheating just making sure the waist will work I’ve now dipped mine in cold water this morning for that extra room but there going to work Either way just some patients I’ve had this problem before with some joe mccoys and they were even tighter than the 40s Tcb now the JMs our  really big in the waist I understand everyone concerns but if it that much of a problem speak to Tcb they our there to help,possibly OW version after they hit washed strunk mire than usual.

ps 

stop the bitching