Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

TCB 40 made it to Switzerland ! Size 31 OW. Measurements are smaller than size chart. Legs are top notch and only the waist feel restrictive. Hoping for a good amount of stretch + weight lose heheheh. 

no pictures or fit pic for now, but will upload ASAP! 

if anyone got a 32 pair that doesn’t fit and would like to be send it back, I’m interested tho. Just let me now by pm and we’ll work something out. 

@BrownMetallic, not sure why you hi-lighted the front rise measurement, but for clarity, that is accurate. The OW front rise is longer on my pair than the size chart indicated. The rise height doesn't bother me, but included the measurement for anyone interested. 

Here’s a pic of my pocket bags. Other pics cover the details so I didn’t take other pics. I cold soaked them with some detergent and I’ll try them on before they’re completely dry but I’m pretty confident they’re going to work for me. 

Edited by justintk

Wow, these really are beauts—love the smell

Mine measure 80.4 cm in the waist as compared to the advertised 83.5, and 31.5 cm in the thigh as compared to the advertised 32.3, so seemingly not as egregious as some, but still a pretty big error

Trying them on presently: the moment of truth!

Not a chance—these are tight

Anyone in the market for a pair of OW tagged W33, hemmed to 33.5": the illustrious #3? Otherwise they're getting returned

LAb0ibM.jpg

Edited by julian-wolf
adding photo

36 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

Anyone with OW done a pre soak? 
curious how much additional shrink you got?

I ran my pair through the washer, and got about a centimeter in additional shrinkage in the inseam, but nowhere else. I’m afraid to put them in the dryer.

Damn I must've lost some weight over quarantine as I'm swimming in these sweatpants :blush2:

Too dark for fit pics but I'll try for tomorrow. That said, it's a "period correct" fit and I'm all for it.

.vaccineline_lg.jpg.d88cd70aeac6d467b4d9649273668868.jpg64ae40fdc95366a42d3205d2ff7e417c.thumb.jpg.948c3d01d23dd185bab0585028e0f838.jpg

(hoping I don't have to mention any trigger warnings; these are taken from Japanese internment camp archives)

1 hour ago, shredwin_206 said:

Yea I’m a warm wash and dryer guy. 
Wonder how it will go.....

For Gawd's sake be careful man!!!

I have to say my 31 tags definitely not 78.5 waist there much smaller anyone got tips on stretching out the waist please 

18 minutes ago, Darren Barbera said:

I have to say my 31 tags definitely not 78.5 waist there much smaller anyone got tips on stretching out the waist please 

Wet the waist band with a spray bottle and pull or put them on for a while.

5 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

I did a full 40 degree wash + 45 minutes in the dryer the other day and didn't get that much shrinkage really. 

Waist (across): 14.5" -> 14"
Rise: 12.75" -> 12.5"
Thigh: a hair over 11.5" -> a hair under 11.5"
Inseam: 30" -> 29.5"

(Funny thing, even though I use the metric system, I only measure jeans in inches, it's usually easier for comparison.)

6 hours ago, Broark said:

No. 7 reporting for duty! Unfortunately my pockets aren't numbered / signed, but if that's all I have to complain about then I'm happy.
I'm happy with the fit of the jeans as I sized up. The jacket is a little smaller than I thought it would be, but I guess it's just some motivation to start running again.
Happy with the pocket bag lottery, even if tiger camo isn't historically accurate. Looking forward to this competition. Denim reminds me of the deadstock Denime I got a little while back.
ajefTCu.jpg
oRs8pze.jpg
hNKz4b8.jpg
emQtNcQ.jpg
3TubKwI.jpg
NLXaTLa.jpg
9Lqi5hd.jpg
vqEY9el.jpg
wzEMvNo.jpg
YwvE2n1.jpg
o3tDZ0B.jpg
kmKiZ7L.jpg
DlzovX9.jpg
DfRlj5X.jpg
muOUdFt.jpg
Z7M0Cl0.jpg
pKv5JHH.jpg
dXXGswu.jpg
XYvb1Jt.jpg
7Jckdc7.jpg
nazPwFG.jpg
yqDbL8z.jpg
FPXG9yM.jpg

Great photos pocket bag twin. apologies for quoting all of the photos again (I enjoyed seeing them twice)

6 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

I washed at 30, no dryer. Lost a couple cm in the leg. I’d already stretched the waist a bit before washing so it’s tricky to know if they shrank more there

6 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Not a chance—these are tight

Mine were the same. Now they’re stretched a tiny bit past the chart size though. They stretch and if the waist is your only worry it might work?

i guess they’re smaller everywhere so I’m getting a slimmer pair, not that sweet looser fit, but that’s ok. The waist was the only place they were wrong; the rest is just different

They fit kind of like my FH3005 now but with the rise on steroids. That’s good for me. 

3 hours ago, Darren Barbera said:

anyone got tips on stretching out the waist please 

I washed them exactly like I’ll always be washing them, to get them used to it. Then I went round the waist bit by bit with the button open and stretched them. Then I put them on damp and fastened them and wiggled round lots. 

56 minutes ago, mandel9000 said:

(Funny thing, even though I use the metric system, I only measure jeans in inches, it's usually easier for comparison.)

yeah this is true! Although this pair has taught me to do it in centimetres (or millimetres maybe!), there’s been that much measuring involved 

6 hours ago, indigo_junkie said:

Turns out I put on more iso weight than I thought (the word is 'denial'). I think if I lost 10lbs the fit would be perfect. Guess that's my next goal this spring

With you there!

i can see this turning from a denim competition into some sort of lockdown weight loss boot camp