Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

2 hours ago, tongtommy said:

I have no issue at all with the (waist) sizing and now I'm afraid that maybe I should go with 30, I hope this pair won't stretch that much, cheers!

That rare and exotic beast, the Upsizer, raises its head in the middle of a huge flock of Accidental Downsizers

5 minutes ago, mandel9000 said:

Have you other one washers washed again or plan to do so?

I just did that in the interests of science (!) and to force me to not wear them

the leg shrunk a couple of cm. The waist was about the same, although maybe that's cos my belly threatened it when I tried them on earlier

Might be worth a wash to shift any leftover shrink?

7 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

What size is your Caturday tee?

It's a medium. Very happy with that as well! Men's size small usually fits me fine, but I've kind of gravitated towards a looser fit lately - and I'm also not taking chances with Japanese sizing, my size s Warehouse tees are really small. 

Edit: added an important not.

Edited by mandel9000

2 hours ago, Mtvare said:

Yes the cut are the same so I can't explain it. (In any case maybe @DoitsuJin is right, and I'm just misreading the evidence of the thread.)

It can't be to do with the washing because many (including myself) are finding the raw pairs 2"+ undersize before soak.

Receiving a rigid pair that measured at tagged & the shrink-stretch ratio completely unknown cuz it’s a new denim ... that’s a DEFCON 5 to a denimhead :biggrin:

Fast forward to present, based on user accounts,  now we know that overall shrinkage were less than expected & the stretch [at waistband] is to tagged. Catastrophe avert :laugh2:

Edited by BrownMetallic

42 minutes ago, mandel9000 said:

They're here! #61 checking in! 

The sizing issues in this thread had me concerned, but they fit just great and I have an inch to spare in the waist. Have you other one washers washed again or plan to do so? I think I will just to get all the inseam shrinkage out of the way and hopefully get the roping started. Sorry about the sloppy cuffing (first autocorrected to muffin!), was just trying them on very quickly. 

IMG_8152.thumb.jpg.bc86d7bf3737cff5e63aee37d33d2d6d.jpg

we can confidently mark this down as yet another rousing triumph.

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, BrownMetallic said:

Receiving a rigid pair that measured at tagged & the shrink-stretch ratio completely unknown cuz it’s a new denim ... that’s a DEFCON 5 to a denimhead 

You're less of a reactionary than me, I guess…personally, I'd put that close to a DEFCON 3, or maybe even a 2!

55 minutes ago, el padre said:

That rare and exotic beast, the Upsizer, raises its head in the middle of a huge flock of Accidental Downsizers

I’m reading this, in my head, in the voice of David Attenborough!

30 minutes ago, Mtvare said:

Sorry, I'm a bit slow. Are you suggesting my pair might work after all?

Did not rep the “slow” part :biggrin: ... just saying that,  most who reported back,  including myself, are finding that the waist has give.

Mine, was at 35” already after the 3rd soak, unrestrained.   Wore them 15mins for fit & re-measured ... 36” on a W36.

9 minutes ago, BrownMetallic said:

Did not rep the “slow” part :biggrin: ... just saying that,  most who reported back,  including myself, are finding that the waist has give.

Mine, was at 35” already after the 3rd soak, unrestrained.   Wore them 15mins for fit & re-measured ... 36” on a W36.

I appreciate the positivity but alas, I had already factored in the give in the waist when I went for the 33 based on the measurements.

I wore them for 15 mins as well just to see how they felt and decided they definitely weren't going to work. 

Really disappointed cos I was looking forward to the discipline imposed by having a reason to stick to one pair. But it's a marathon not a sprint so if I can get a pair that fit in October I'll still be able to participate. Just have to keep the envy in check in the meantime!

^ Yeah, all this talk of “don’t worry, they start small but they’ll stretch right back to tag size!” really doesn’t seem all too redeeming when many of us sized with the assumption (based on the posted measurements) that they’d stretch appreciably beyond tag size…

Still, bastioned by the top notch fits of the last couple of pages, I retain hope

Edited by julian-wolf

@Mtvare Sorry, it did not work out for u. Yeah,  the grim truth is that,  if u did some mental calculation based on the size chart provided for a spot on fit on a new denim & a new cut [for TCB]  then the possibility diminishes.  Anatomy can be a factor,  as well.  Hope u get a swap or replacement.

Since I never seem to get a good fit on a new pair, anyway,  I just future-size ... hoping that if they fit lousy now, they’d be less lousy down the line ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

1 minute ago, BionicEye said:

#67 more than happy with the fit 

Yay! Found my inverse bag twin

(Mine are the other way around, which means my number is very hard to read. HOPING the pocket bag fades and the number doesn't, so it comes out like some sort of double stealth arc)

Edited by el padre

Gah! Can't wait to get mine. Confirming that I'll also be washing my OW pair up front to get any remaining shrinkage out. I was keeping silent on the sizing issues, as as a size 38 there isn't anywhere else up for me to go :laugh: That said, I'm more of a 36" in real life so this will likely work out for me. Team upsize/oversize for life! Comfort is king

Edited by aho