volvo240thebest

Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Just got my shipping notification (Rigid and hemmed) to the US. Well to be shipped THUR 20 AUG but it is already Thursday in Japan.

Man, I can't be the only one who chose OW/hemmed that's feeling kind of anxious right now, haha!

Those of you who did, btw, are you going to soak and or wash or just rock them right away? (After sep 1st obvs...)

Edited by YossarianRaw

Plan to wear the OW/hemmed straight away @YossarianRaw

Being last in the queue won’t harm us mate. In fact, having these in the house and not being able to wear them would probably make me all sweaty and anxious, so the closer to the 1st Sept the better!

Rigid, hemmmed and now bound for Denmark !

Edited by Facini

One wash hemmed. No word yet. 
also yes I will soak again before wearing 

Rigid & hemmed ... ‘guesstimating a Monday delivery.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Rigid & hemmed - notification & shipping out today - estimated arrival in Berlin, Germany next Monday.

18 minutes ago, Thanks_M8 said:

Same Same Same, rigid, hemmed, with hemming scraps en route to me. 

grr.. did not think of retaining the scraps..

Monday 24th delivery for me apparently. Postage costs must be sky high ... in all the years and with all the items I’ve bought from Japan, this is the first time it’s been by FedEx. Wow!

4 hours ago, YossarianRaw said:

Man, I can't be the only one who chose OW/hemmed that's feeling kind of anxious right now, haha!

Those of you who did, btw, are you going to soak and or wash or just rock them right away? (After sep 1st obvs...)

Same here ahah !

Why should we soak or wash the OW jean before wearing ? I think wearing my jean as it arrives

11 minutes ago, Martin13 said:

Same here ahah !

Why should we soak or wash the OW jean before wearing ? I think wearing my jean as it arrives

I think (and someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong) that the TCB OW proces is a 30 degree wash. Now, if you want to wash your jeans warmer than that there might be some additional shrinkage - especially in length. I think it's good to know that the cuff will stay the same length as you might get some funky fades/wear if you change the overall length at a later point.

Again, as there's probably more shrinkage at warmer temperatures it's a way adjust the fit slightly if it's necessary.

2 hours ago, Martin13 said:

Same here ahah !

Not to disappoint you but the contest starts at September 1st as discussed previously ;)

3 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

I think (and someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong) that the TCB OW proces is a 30 degree wash

I'm absolutely no expert but this post 

https://tcbjeans.myshopify.com/blogs/ニュース/inside-a-denim-washing-favtory-is-one-wash-bad-for-good-fades

...says cold water?

I ended up adding an inch to my OW hemming request, in case they keep shrinking a little 

But if that doesn't happen it's more cuffs I guess 

got tracking info last night -- no delivery date as of yet.  Rigid and hemmed for me

3 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

I think (and someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong) that the TCB OW proces is a 30 degree wash. Now, if you want to wash your jeans warmer than that there might be some additional shrinkage - especially in length. I think it's good to know that the cuff will stay the same length as you might get some funky fades/wear if you change the overall length at a later point.

Again, as there's probably more shrinkage at warmer temperatures it's a way adjust the fit slightly if it's necessary.

Thank you ! I will decide after trying my jean ! Are we allowed to soak/wash it before the start ?

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Not to disappoint you but the contest starts at September 1st as discussed previously ;)

Yeah of course ! I didn't mean I would wear it before the start, sorry for my bad english

Will we do the news thing with the date ?

Care tag: do not tumble dry.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, el padre said:

I'm absolutely no expert but this post 

https://tcbjeans.myshopify.com/blogs/ニュース/inside-a-denim-washing-favtory-is-one-wash-bad-for-good-fades

...says cold water?

I ended up adding an inch to my OW hemming request, in case they keep shrinking a little 

But if that doesn't happen it's more cuffs I guess 

That's the post I was thinking of. I'd say that 30 degrees is what's constitutes as a cold wash on a domestic machine anyways. If they wash it colder than that - the more reason to wash them before use.

Ryo says on his IG 90% of the rigids have shipped. 

Edited by nycsurfer530

Mine have shipped, jacket and jeans raw, jeans hemmed. Should get here tomorrow or Saturday.

I'm going to wait and see how they fit before I decide to soak again or not.

Ordered mine pre-washed and probably won’t wash again before wearing

Settled on W33, my usual size, but did leave a little extra room on the inseam to account for possible shrinkage down the line—worse comes to worst, I can always wear them with a bit of a cuff