Jump to content
volvo240thebest

Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Elmer.Richard said:

@Uncle Karl Instagramアカウントはどうなりましたか?

sorry!  It will be back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I can't wait. That is all.

I'll continue checking this thread for the next 1.5 months, knowing that the time ain't gonna go any faster lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Three days and no posts. You have all shamed this competition ;)

82AE5277-4E10-4483-8ACE-7DA0C4B01779.gif

Edited by UkeNo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think it'll be that way until the end of next month I'm afraid. :sad:
In the meantime here's some photos of the 40's jacket in production: http://tcbjeans.com/2020/07/15/27160
DSC_2458.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the prototype is being worn by someone? It would be nice to see how the fabric evolves. If not just a piece of the fabric in the wash a few times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, UkeNo said:

Three days and no posts. You have all shamed this competition ;)

82AE5277-4E10-4483-8ACE-7DA0C4B01779.gif

Well that’s because there are only so many times one can say “I can’t fucking wait for my WWII jeans to come!!” before it becomes clear one is obsessed. Plus my local postman swore he’d call the cops if I ever yell it at him again so there’s that as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol guys. You all know how to keep the pan hot, as we say in Italy. Another 6 or 7 weeks of wait and we'll be ready to play...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Capsicum Fried Meat said:

Seems like all the jackets will be done before starting on jeans.

Probably less jackets ordered compared to the jeans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, aho said:

@volvo240thebest what was the pair you're breaking in as a test?

50s again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.9f9d3538e9adccd714e2f0411f430115.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone thinking of participating to the Indigo invitational contest at the same time with their TCB 40? It crossed my mind but I don’t know if I can hold on wearing the TCB 40 until October !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I’m not waiting until October...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Collin said:

Is anyone thinking of participating to the Indigo invitational contest at the same time with their TCB 40? It crossed my mind but I don’t know if I can hold on wearing the TCB 40 until October !!! 

It crossed my mind but the indigo invitational is all about high contrast fades, which I am very much against. Also the only chance to win that type of contest is by wearing your jeans non stop for 365 and not wash, which is definitely not for me. I tried a one year contest once, I got in third and it was super intense. Too much for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I stick my contest pair in the jeans rotation ... Well, it actually works the other way.  I can’t be toiling all 365 ... gotta come up for air once in awhile.

The 1st 6mos for me are the building blocks ... that’s when the creases set in permanently.  I’ll try to just periodically soak,  if I can.   After that, it’s wabisabi ... I just wear them & wash when needed.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Collin said:

Is anyone thinking of participating to the Indigo invitational contest at the same time with their TCB 40? It crossed my mind but I don’t know if I can hold on wearing the TCB 40 until October !!! 

I am participating in indigo invitational. Its only a matter of one month.

 

8 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

It crossed my mind but the indigo invitational is all about high contrast fades, which I am very much against. Also the only chance to win that type of contest is by wearing your jeans non stop for 365 and not wash, which is definitely not for me. I tried a one year contest once, I got in third and it was super intense. Too much for me. 

May be this time they will consider vintage fades too. They have put up in the rule list that only natural fades allowed no sanding no starch etc. Also swiss jeans freak is going to be one of their judges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, moimanuh said:

swiss jeans freak is going to be one of their judges.

So no wash and sweat/bodyfluids stains are winner in the next one. Hurray :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Collin said:

So no wash and sweat/bodyfluids stains are winner in the next one. Hurray :D

Haha yeah I was going to say that kind of contradicts the taking vintage fades into consideration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 10:12 PM, Collin said:

Is anyone thinking of participating to the Indigo invitational contest at the same time with their TCB 40? It crossed my mind but I don’t know if I can hold on wearing the TCB 40 until October !!! 

What is this contest about ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sure someone already posted that haha! It's a cool cool patch indeed :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I love that patch, but am I the only one who is bothered by the prop setup on that plane? It's clearly modeled after a WWII single engine fighter/dive bomber/torpedo bomber(probably one of the latter two, given that there are two animals in the plane instead of only one), but then it has two extra props on the wings, but no engines and the center prop looks stationary.

Obviously this doesn't matter and it's still the best patch ever, but I can't help but think about that every time I see it :P

Edited by dudewuttheheck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I love that patch, but am I the only one who is bothered by the prop setup on that plane? It's clearly modeled after a WWII single engine fighter/dive bomber/torpedo bomber(probably one of the latter two, given that there are two animals in the plane instead of only one), but then it has two extra props on the wings, but no engines and the center prop looks stationary.

Obviously this doesn't matter and it's still the best patch ever, but I can't help but think about that every time I see it :P

It's a plane... being flown by cats. Cats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Paul T said:

It's a plane... being flown by cats. Cats.

Wait, so cats don't know how to design planes?

Edited by dudewuttheheck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, if you look at p32 of this thread, similar (and other) matters involving authenticity of the plane and credibility of feline pilots has already been discussed at some length... :laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Dude, if you look at p32 of this thread, similar (and other) matters involving authenticity of the plane and credibility of feline pilots has already been discussed at some length... :laugh2:

Ah, I guess I'm just too late to the party. This thread moved too quickly for me to keep up!

For the record, though, I do think cats would make better pilots than dogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now