Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

I think previously Volvo said he’d open a separate thread for submitting your final pics. Is this correct @volvo240thebest ??? I’d hate for y’all to post here and have to repost later. 

On 2/20/2022 at 6:55 PM, volvo240thebest said:

Hello peeps,

I have actually been in touch with Hajime and Ryo about this, and suggested some basic final submission rules.

I am awaiting their reply on my proposal, which I hope to receive tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

@srudy, no mention of a separate thread, though that is how it worked in the past for TCB contests. We also have not seen any further clarification on what those final submission rules are.

Thank you @volvo240thebest! I don't really see a need for a final submission thread as there are already quite a few here, it won't be comprehensive, we need to e-mail the pics to Ryo anyway and there will be a comprehensive archive of final submissions available through the TCB site. Though I encourage everyone with a final submission to add it here as well! Thank you all.

8 hours ago, chicote said:

Here’s my final submission - I was contestant #110.

I’m really grateful for this contest as it was what reminded me what I love about this denim world and this community - I got into it really last minute, mostly out of a need for a new pair of jeans as my last pair were running to rags, but also because I’d missed out on the last two tcb contests and loved how intimate and mutually supportive those contests had been, full of personal updates and such unique results from each of the contestants. Though this contest was a little more sparse as far as personal updates went, I’m really happy to see how many of us gave their pairs consistent wear. I sort of abandoned mine for a good part of the contest, though they had their fair share of fun experiences: moving to New Mexico, renovating a house, rebuilding two trucks, doing a lot of tattooing and painting (somehow only getting a couple of paint splatters and almost no ink on them … cause I learned how to tune my machines properly lol), a good deal of gardening, and a lot of cooking… and they stayed mostly together through all of it! Unfortunately they were down for about 5 months of the contest because I kept putting off repairs, first on the knees, then the seat, then the hems, and now after patching the right rear pocket the left is starting to go also… but i have no plans to let em go yet, they’re probably my favourite jeans I’ve ever had. I’ll stop reminiscing and put up some pictures now.

An eloquent post from a profoundly cool human! 

3 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

@Duke Mantee I’m sorry for the neg rep! Stupid fat fingers. I changed it to what it was meant to be. Hope it stuck. 

There’s no need to apologise … at least now I know how you really feel 

Anyway I do it all the time. I’ve lost count of the amount of folk I’ve given a posrep to instead of the neg :laugh2:

Edited by Duke Mantee