Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

5 hours ago, Nayuta said:

Beautiful Moroccan tiles and lovely cats!

Yes, they are called Moroccan Mix and I’m going to do the walls with Casablanca Mix.

But for now the whole floor tiles are done and I need to cut the partial floor tiles and then start the grouting…

17A57A7E-0193-4F40-BD3A-B3B94AAF3E3D.thumb.jpeg.8e971fd8dfebe4d58ef1d6ffaeee5a86.jpeg

Edited by Foxy2

On 2022/2/15 at 午前10時53分, Jared_Lee said:

先週、BCSのラパスへの素敵な旅行を楽しんだ。コルテス海に面した小さな町です。にぎやかな通り、厄介な工業地帯、ゴージャスなマレコン、小さなビーチ、美しい夕日、素晴らしい人々、そしてベジタリアン向けのおいしい料理があり、趣があります。私たちは砂丘へのオフロードツアーを行い、サンドボードと非常に楽しい砂丘の彫刻に成功しませんでした。私たちは二人とも何年もバイクに乗っていますが、舗装されているだけです。私たちのどちらも以前に大腿四頭筋に乗ったことはありません。やわらかい砂で洗い流してバックエンドに慣れるのに1分かかりましたが、ハンドリングに慣れるとガイドのエンリケがスピードを上げて大爆笑でした。

私は、コンテストが終了する準備ができています。幸運なことに、この18か月には、美しいモーターサイクル、家族の再会、メキシコの2つの非常に異なる地域への2回の豪華な旅行、そしてニューヨークの目覚めの一般的な上昇潮が含まれていました。また、Covidの継続的なストレスと、私たちが受けたさまざまな制限、混乱、不安、損失を乗り越えたすべての人にとって、18か月は困難でした。Covidとは関係なく、私も18歳の猫(50年代のコンテストで本の表紙を上陸させたDimitri)を休ませましたが、先月、94歳で祖母を亡くしました。

私のためにこれらのコンテストを共有することの喜びは、私たちがそれらを通して行っている旅です。このコンテストの結果は非常に多くの人からとても美しいです。皆さんと共有できてうれしいです。このフォーラムで私たちが何をしているのかを理解し始めることができる人はそれほど多くありません。ジーンズに夢中になり、18か月の着用で見栄えが良くなるように競い合っています。ありがとうございました@ volvo240thebest そしてそれをホストしてくれたTCBと参加してくれたすべての人に感謝します。なんて旅行だ。

1.jpg

Hello. Thank you for sharing the views of your wonderful journey. Especially the restaurant in the sea reflected in neon is tasteful. I was impressed.

I can only speak the language of my own country, so I read it with Google Translate. I apologize first because I may have misunderstood the meaning, but I would like to express my deepest sympathies to Your grandma. We also pray for an 18-year-old long-lived cat.

Is that big white wreckage a whale bone? The sandy buggy seemed to be a lot of fun and it was a wonderful adventure.

Applaud the 18-month trip of everyone who loves jeans who participated in the contest!:rolleyes:ARIGATO!

On 2022/2/12 at 午後8時14分, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

私はそれをクロッチセプションと名付けました。 

私は明らかに縫製について技術的なことは何も知りません、そしてそれは示しています。これはコンテスト終了前の最後の修理であり、明日はコンテスト終了前の最後の洗浄になります。 

股間はいつも私のジーンズの弱点でした。全体として、これらのジーンズの股間を10回以上修正したと思います。 

かなり長いコンテストでしたが、80%以上はジーンズを履くことができて嬉しく思います。ジーンズの内側に下着が見えない限り、これからも履いていきます!(: 

F830FA2D-0D43-4BC1-A3C8-0A941B453D64.jpeg

D9653077-EE81-4344-8395-1382DBEF2896.jpeg

Cute SASHIKO!「刺し子」:laugh2:

@Nayuta

私はあなたに連絡するためにグーグル翻訳を試みるつもりです。
お見舞い申し上げます。
はい、18歳は猫にとって熟した老後です。
彼は幸せで充実した人生を送っていました。
そして、これはジーンズコンテストと人生の両方の旅です。
それは一連の始まりと終わりです。
始まりの興奮。
時々エンディングに悲しみ。
常にその間の旅の瞬間に存在するプロセス。

それがすべて間違って翻訳された場合はお詫び申し上げます。

Contest is almost over. I finally got around to patching my back pockets; I was going to wait until after the contest, but that seemed imprudent. I did use the hemming remnants, so one can see what the original color looked like. I dunno what happened in the lower left corner of the patch; hey rawdenim is supposed to reflect one's life and personal journey, and it is clear sewing skills aren't part of mine. I still to really fix the patch on the cuffs (and patch more sections on both legs), I just stitched the holes back up for expediency's sake. I also reinforced more popped seams, but that is not all that visible as I replaced the cotton thread with black poly

.1.thumb.jpg.61a47d733f4b850db25f8851c8577bce.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.75e282be5627bf0a1c1ec14423bd774a.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.82b68a47d9ec9b3354c53d3ffe17a4f0.jpg

Edited by djungelorm

4 hours ago, djungelorm said:

コンテストはもうすぐ終わります。私はついにバックポケットにパッチを当てることに取り掛かりました。コンテストが終わるまで待つつもりでしたが、それは無礼に思えました。裾上げの残骸を使用したので、元の色がどのように見えるかがわかります。パッチの左下隅で何が起こったのかわかりません。ちょっと生デニムは自分の人生と個人的な旅を反映することになっています、そしてそれは縫製技術が私の一部ではないことは明らかです。私はまだ袖口のパッチを本当に修正します(そして両方の足のより多くのセクションにパッチを当てます)、私は便宜のために穴を縫い合わせました。また、よりポップな縫い目を強化しましたが、綿糸を黒のポリに置き換えたので、それはそれほど目に見えません

1.thumb.jpg.61a47d733f4b850db25f8851c8577bce.jpg

It's a cute blanket stitch!  The love for jeans has been transmitted.

Everyone started with the same jeans, but after 18 months, their individuality and lifestyle will appear and everyone will be wonderful.  I'm very happy to see it.

3 tiling sessions, 1 tile cutting cutting session, another tiling session and one grouting session later…

D79FA70C-1ACC-483E-8E7D-A0A485FE66CE.thumb.jpeg.1967af53b9f312f0ca75fe60486a322f.jpeg

final touch-ups tomorrow and then we start with the wall tiles…

Hello peeps,

I have actually been in touch with Hajime and Ryo about this, and suggested some basic final submission rules.

I am awaiting their reply on my proposal, which I hope to receive tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

11 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Hello peeps,

I have actually been in touch with Hajime and Ryo about this, and suggested some basic final submission rules.

I am awaiting their reply on my proposal, which I hope to receive tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

nice! thank you!

8 hours ago, efujobu1 said:

Looking great!

again: thank you!

and then, before going into their last wash pre-deadline, some pix and a poor quatrain;

thanks to all for the nice competition...

I share gently stewed denim no part beginning to shred

patterns in part showing sartorial adhd deskwarrior life within a pandemic's quasi-perdition

here is a penultimate blue symphonic hurrah for the thread

[or, an alternative closing rhyme; now the sufu-competiton baton passes on to Warehouse, and to Ed...]

6aenXOmh.jpg

eGRmyTjh.jpg

vTaZUT6h.jpg

segCtljh.jpg

PQprqqch.jpg

BDXzgmNh.jpg

nuVINF4h.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Lovely stuff @Yot. Thank for sharing your story of living in these jeans. 18 months is a long time to continuously dedicate to a single pair of pants. Your dedication shows. Happy to have joined you on the journey.

^ Dude, you must have higher expectations than me – that looks like a fairly generous fit by my standards these days! Over the 18 months I think my pair has expanded to accommodate my incrementally increasing girth, as I can't seem to fit into many of my other pairs – even the ones I bought at the same time thinking I'd put them on ice... my unworn Tender 129s are now my aspirational pair, unless I'm forced to admit defeat and pass them on to my 14 y.o. son