Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

7 hours ago, Jared_Lee said:

Jeans are back from repairs. Recently took a trip to San Miguel de Allende. A beautiful little historic mountain town in the middle of Mexico. It was originally developed as a silver mining town, then the economy was primarily driven by a vertically integrated textile mill where they processed cotton from raw bales to woven muslin. The mill was shuttered in 1991. The city moves heavily on tourism and service industries these days. Lovely people, beautiful architecture and tasty food. A delightful trip. Jeans are better than ever. Finally draping and falling like a well-worn pair should.

IMG_20210716_154058.jpg

IMG_20210717_180319.jpg

IMG_20210717_182501.jpg

IMG_20210717_181239.jpg

IMG_20210717_191950.jpg

IMG_20210718_093911.jpg

Jeans look great - but this post got my attention because I recognized those streets before I even read the text. SMA is a fantastic place. 

Great updates! Sorry to hear about the car troubles, @unders. I recently had to take my Royal Enfield in for an engine fault, but thankfully it was under warranty and turned out to be nothing. In the meantime, I got some seat time on a Bonneville T120. A great change of pace. I love the cats, @Uncle Karl! I miss mine dearly. I may be ready to get another next summer. For now, I will enjoy the pics of yours.

Glad to hear the work didn’t run up a bill @Jared_Lee. I bet a Bonnie was not a bad run-about. 
Always loved classic bikes (mainly from  watching dodgy movies in my youth - Werewolves on Wheels, Psychomania, etc) but never had the courage to ride, I wouldn’t trust myself to not fall off!

Weather has cooled off enough for me to start wearing jeans again. Here’s a comparison against a fresh selvedge shirt:

B4EB3A04-9056-46BB-B974-E9783E7702B0.thumb.jpeg.3abe40d67a0bb96154deea247fbdf109.jpeg

1 minute ago, el padre said:

That's like those relay races in the Olympics. Make sure you practise the handover.

Well said. :D Would prefer for them to go to someone here to finish out the contest before selling somewhere else.