Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

8 minutes ago, JRendon02 said:

Looks like they are available at Nixta, a place that’s been on my list for way too long.

Nixta is legit. Also don’t miss Discada and La Tunita 512 if you’re in town (La Tunita is like waking distance from me).

17 hours ago, Toegun said:

I love the fit except... i can't get on with the ass. When it's freshly washed I feel like the pockets are in the small of my back and then after a day or so they get back to normal but my butt drops halfway down my legs 

Or at least that's what I think, doubt anyone else ever notices (or wants to look in that direction even)

@el padre I feel similarly, I love these when they're fresh out of the washer/dryer but after a day on the legs they sag a ridiculous amount.
Because of this I have started wearing other jeans more regularly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Broark said:

@el padre I feel similarly, I love these when they're fresh out of the washer/dryer but after a day on the legs they sag a ridiculous amount.

Yeah my problem is that I now have a new pair of Warehouse and Cushman, not to mention a lovely pair of Roys and plenty of Mister Freedom to boot (and the rest...). I'm happy to own this TCB product but I won't be jumping into another competition any time soon, if at all.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I'm coping fine with mine cos I don't have to look at my butt. Apologies to everyone else who does.

I'm actually liking the jeans enough to want the 50s... Provided the rise is a little lower and the back pockets a little bigger maybe?

50 minutes ago, el padre said:

I'm actually liking the jeans enough to want the 50s... Provided the rise is a little lower and the back pockets a little bigger maybe?

Both of these things are noticeably true. The '50s is easily an inch lower front and back (didn't check the size charts, just going off feel from spending a lot of time in both). The back pockets are also somewhere in the ballpark of 15% larger. I struggle with my wallet and hankie in the S40s. In the '50s, I never even considered the pockets as they just fit/work.

As for how I'm getting on with the fit, it's fine. I wear a belt to keep them up and that makes the relaxed and stretched phase perfect. They're soft, comfy and roomy after a few wears and with the belt, they're still sitting nice and form fitting through the hip and seat. That being said, I was hoping that after stretch I could get a bit of anti-fit and let them hang without the belt when wanting something more casual. That doesn't work out so well. The dead straight hip and ultra high rise make them still look trim when slouched (no hip flare) and still at the "normal" waist position for any other jeans, just not the ultra high that's achieved with belt. 

As for the fabric, classic TCB. At month 6, wearing them on average 6 days per week, the fabric just takes off. The color and texture has come alive and I'm starting to really love this fabric. After the next wash, I'll try to get some better pics posted. But man, I'm falling more in love with the fabric every day since early April.

6 hours ago, Jared_Lee said:

Both of these things are noticeably true. The '50s is easily an inch lower front and back (didn't check the size charts, just going off feel from spending a lot of time in both). The back pockets are also somewhere in the ballpark of 15% larger.

Thanks! Much appreciated. (Except by my wallet, which is gonna take another hit I guess)

6 hours ago, Jared_Lee said:

At month 6, wearing them on average 6 days per week, the fabric just takes off.

Yeah this is so true!

Nice work everyone!! sorry I've been MIA for a while now. I still lurk often but haven't been in a mood for posting in a while.
Since april 16th we're stuck at home in quarantine. My wife has been positive to Covid19, luckily no major consequences, but after nearly a month she's still positive and we're all confined at home.

Today she made her 4th covid test and I really hope this is going to be the one that puts the word end on our quarantine...

please send good vibes : )