Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

1 hour ago, mandel9000 said:

ワオ、 @アンクルカール猫にとってとても素敵で、格好良いです。ここノルウェーの私のアパートで仕事をするためにあなたを雇うことができたらいいのにと思います! 

Thank you!  Norway is a wonderful country with abundant nature!  I want to do everything I can for a cat.  In the near future, I think I will collaborate with a certain brand to make cat furniture.:D

1 hour ago, JRendon02 said:

Trip number 5 through the washer and dryer. One day I’ll do another fit pic. 

8EAD5F6A-BC78-403D-BC64-D02EBF530EE5.jpeg

CFEB89C0-87D6-4233-8E3F-7EF219E28C56.jpeg

52E4DE7C-D97F-40CB-952A-1412548EB7EA.jpeg

94721944-DA78-45F2-BBAC-B7D3F4976A50.jpeg

Pocket bag beauty I’m looking forward to!

The washing machines that I use are very harsh, industrial, and they wreak havoc on my more delicate clothing, but apart from that all of the above is probably true. I can count on two hands (one and a couple of fingers really) the days I haven't worn these jeans since September 1st. I've also walked for a couple of hours each day, often in the woods, and spent a lot of time on the ground training the dog. Well, at least before the endless rain of the last few months began...

Edited by mandel9000

40 minutes ago, BrownMetallic said:

^ . . .  or has deeper denim rotation ;)

Caught red handed. :D
Honeslty I’ve been wearing these pretty consistently with the occasional week break here and there. The fit is growing growing on me the more these get washed. I wish they were an inch or so shorter.

@Broark it's not too late for another hem. You've got plenty of life left in the jeans to recover what roping you'll lose. Better to have the length just where you want it than worry about the original hem in my experience. I've re-hemmed a few pairs and been happy with the results.

@Jared_Lee you're not wrong, it's more about actually going and getting them hemmed in my experience that proves difficult for me.
We don't have any good hemming options in Austin anymore unfortunately. I've been wearing them with a small single cuff with a little stacking and it's not too bad. 

Same. If I could change one thing, I would make mine 1-2 inches shorter. But alas, no good hemming service to be found here in Norway. I once took another pair to a store that makes and sells Japanese selvage denim, but they just looked at me weirdly when I asked about the machine and the stitching, and in the end they did it exactly the way I would on my own sewing machine, no better or worse.