Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Not really an update but I deleted my Instagram. I got tired of having facebook track my movements. Anyway I think it's listed earlier in the thread. I'll post any denim updates here only from now on.

... and whilst I may be stuck at the screen most of the day ...

sometimes it is nice to read off-piste on-paper ...

some recent travels appropriate to our times ...

[this one for the dog lovers of instagram]

npqMt6yh.jpg

itHBHb2.jpg

[this one not just because the paper matches my new favourite uniform... also because it is one explicitly good take on Ursula le Guin's carrier-bag theory of narrative {as opposed to the conflict-resolution of a heroes progress} ... oh to write "a sad sack for sick songs" whilst huffing on methylated tears... ]

zYO2wGQh.jpg

iaSSuVZ.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

One of the button holes in the fly was unraveling so had to mend it. I think I’m at 4 40C washes at this point. Roping is getting really good and some points of fading is viable for sure. Knees, whiskers and some button impressions on the fly.

E8B2CB10-09BC-4223-B83C-37F70AA61DE5.jpeg

5C182A51-37FA-4572-9713-ED660A5A5047.jpeg

4 hours ago, Spiraltoy said:

One of the button holes in the fly was unraveling so had to mend it. 

Same here, though I haven't got around to mending just yet. No photos at the moment, but mine have taken on an interesting blue wash—somewhat like Tender's overdyed fabrics—after I soaked them for longer than intended and they stewed in their own juice for a bit. Probably should have rinsed them more thoroughly afterward...

Number 88 going in for the first swim. Wish me luck!

Considered continuing unwashed. Gave 'em a good vacuuming. Unfortunately there's a fine dust around here that has the consistency of talcum powder. Once it gets in the fabric it's not coming out without some liquid encouragement & agitation. 

Hopefully I won't be singing soprano when I put them back on.

No88 IMG_3168.JPG

1 hour ago, CSL said:

Number 88 going in for the first swim. Wish me luck!

Hopefully I won't be singing soprano when I put them back on.

You'll be fine, they stretch right back out within an hour or so... I've done the hot wash/tumble dry thing on my raw pair at least 6 or 7 times now and they've been very consistent...