Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

8 minutes ago, mondo said:

lockdown desk warriors may be able to cop this look through finishing every task by falling to their knees and sliding across carpet shouting "Ohh-h-h YEAHhh!!"

I can’t imagine they’ll make it the 18 months. Maybe 12. So there will be time to catch up haha

On 11/22/2020 at 1:17 PM, Jared_Lee said:
On 11/22/2020 at 1:17 PM, Jared_Lee said:

I spent some time visiting my partner in Philadelphia. The museum was closed, but the weather and walking was beautiful. I wish I'd taken some photos of how Brewerytown is gentrifying. You literally have brand new "luxury" renovations directly next door to burned out houses. I think I finally figured out the reason behind that horrific aluminum paneling all over these corporate developments. It appears to cover plywood exterior walls where the brick can't be salvaged. A couple pics of the denim and the inimitable James Baldwin.

"(The police) are a very real menace to every black cat alive in this country. And no matter how many people say, 'You're being paranoid when you talk about police brutality' - I know what I'm talking about. I survived those streets and those precinct basements and I know. And I'll tell you this - I know what it was like when I was really helpless, how many beatings I got. And I know what happens now because I'm not really helpless. But I know, too, that if he (police) don't know this is Jimmy Baldwin and not just some other n****r he's gonna blow my head off just like he blows off everybody else's head. It could happen to my mother in the morning, to my sister, to my brother...For me this has always been a violent country - it has never been a democracy."

IMG_20201118_154213.jpg

IMG_20201118_154239.jpg

IMG_20201118_154233.jpg

It might not be good to talk too much politics here but here are the comments from HongKong, police brutality is everywhere.

Last year during HongKong protest there are more than 7000+ protester arrested & 0 police was charged for anything. Now we lose freedom of speech, we cannot say anything against the government publicly or even privately. There are always people living worst than you, so we have to cherish what we have at the moment.

On 11/22/2020 at 6:17 AM, Jared_Lee said:

I spent some time visiting my partner in Philadelphia. The museum was closed, but the weather and walking was beautiful. I wish I'd taken some photos of how Brewerytown is gentrifying. You literally have brand new "luxury" renovations directly next door to burned out houses. I think I finally figured out the reason behind that horrific aluminum paneling all over these corporate developments. It appears to cover plywood exterior walls where the brick can't be salvaged. A couple pics of the denim and the inimitable James Baldwin.

"(The police) are a very real menace to every black cat alive in this country. And no matter how many people say, 'You're being paranoid when you talk about police brutality' - I know what I'm talking about. I survived those streets and those precinct basements and I know. And I'll tell you this - I know what it was like when I was really helpless, how many beatings I got. And I know what happens now because I'm not really helpless. But I know, too, that if he (police) don't know this is Jimmy Baldwin and not just some other n****r he's gonna blow my head off just like he blows off everybody else's head. It could happen to my mother in the morning, to my sister, to my brother...For me this has always been a violent country - it has never been a democracy."

IMG_20201118_154213.jpg

IMG_20201118_154239.jpg

IMG_20201118_154233.jpg

I was in Philly in 2001 tattooing there for about 6 weeks. I was shocked at how some of my co workers were racist. No subtle jokes to find out if the new guy was one with it. But hardcore racist talk and jokes, music etc.

Still had a great time there and made friends

Yeah, I've ceased amazement at white America's racism @smoothsailor. No less disgusted, just no longer amazed at its expression.

And @kenko, I think I get your point. It's maybe a little muddied to me, but yes, there's always value in gratitude for what is worthy. Always also value in aspiration for what could be. And further, value in criticism for what is deserving. I try to keep a mindful balance.

16時間前、Graytrainは次のように述べています。

Unc、私はあなたがあなたのジーンズに愛情のコもった虐待の量に驚いい。 

感謝祭の感謝祭 

20201125_105730-01.thumb.jpeg.fe88e9def0481d6e14fcf1d8512ac858.jpeg

YES!  YES!  I wore jeans of various brands, but I broke my knee for the first time in 2 months.

14 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Tell me more about those mocs pleaseeeee

good morning! of course...

russell moccasins saddle oneida moccasin in burgundy cxl with crepe sole found here

[all gone now it seems...]

after spending lots of time looking at big boots, the actual hole in the shoe collection was the more casual end so saw these went yes...

[always looking for slip on / lighter yuks that fit the right price: and these seemed lower cost and more severely built, also planning on more military style tops, needed something more slacker to pair with camo/olive to not look psycho / prepper / MAGA-style]

the crepe sole is a lot heavier and rigid than expected tho; a lot heavier than anything crepe I have owned before... [makes them heavier than the rm chukkas, nearly as heavy as my steel toes...]

gives great big profile; but the heel slip is real atm, which is a bit more of a problem for a slip on than an engineer...

enjoying the irony of winter capable loafers / boating shoes that have a boots-liek feel... cramming in wooden socks or sports socks with inserts to keep them vaguely on my feet...

for mooching around more than running, for sure.

quik pix...

fbFm6oOh.jpg

is0ioYph.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

^sorry to see you go (contest wise) @roomtemplacroix - lots of good pics from you - but if they're not right makes sense. And esp to move them on (looks regretfully across at my jeans tub which still has pairs jammed at the bottom that don't quite fit -but never had the outlet(at the time) to sell on..:wacko2:

19 hours ago, roomtemplacroix said:

is anyone interested in taking my size 29 s40s off my hands? preferably US, as i don’t know my way around efficient international shipping methods. 

a pity to see you go... but you know your fitz, and when they don't work, they don't...

4 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

50660279358_2a259506a6_b.jpg

Cold day in Sweden

sharp as ever!

51 minutes ago, Bowler said:

hello everybody! i hope everyone is enjoying their pants as much as me! here is a bit of an update as its been almost 3 months now... i lay tile for a living and i wear these everday to work. i soaked them twice when i first got them and havent washed them since. i gave them a bit of a vacuum to get the dust of off and took some pics! i really like the fit, so nice and roomy

001.jpg

010.jpg

brutal: but good work: keep 'em living for 6 months at least!

The chest measurements listed on their size chart seem really small in relation to the other measurements. For instance the size 46 appears to have a chest that measures slightly over 42. Had me wondering if the chart is accurate.