Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

My phone was digging through the left pocket bag. Used some indigo dyed fabric and thread. I usually make quite a few stitches at a time with the needle so as to get a neat, straight row but the fabric is so thick and densely weaved that I just managed 2 stitches before pulling the thread through. Looks ok anyways I guess.

FD368138-B57A-41BC-934C-E36E007B2439.jpeg

80FDA719-BBD6-4A9A-9870-51A05AF28077.jpeg

On 11/14/2020 at 6:56 AM, Broark said:

Washed my pair twice in the last two weeks, starting to use the dryer now too.
I'm still working from home (have been since March) so not much else really going on these days...
BtI9zdu.jpg

No rust on my buttons as of yet...

too kind dear sir...

I must admit that I have been having trouble finding tops to go with this cut [or ways of wearing tops with it...]: the top block / long rise points to things of an expansive nature, whilst the trim-ness of the thighs and otherwise quite neat nature of the cut calls for something sharper... [so yes, the solution above; wear everything with it...]

first world sartorial troubles I know...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

With much regret and shame I have to say I gonna bail out.

If someone wants to pick-up my pair and slot, PM me. Roughly 3 weeks of wear 

Size 34

Raw
Waist: 34.5"
Front rise: 14.25"
Back rise: 18.25"
Thigh: 13"
Knee: 9.875"
Leg opening: 9"
Inseam: 33.75"

One-wash
Waist: 33"
Front rise: 13.75"
Back rise: 17"
Thigh: 12.25"
Knee: 9.4"
Leg opening: 8.75"
Inseam: 31.75"

i have to say i’ve been wearing my pair a lot less lately because of how high the rise is. i don’t expect a perfect repro from TCB but the rise is just so high that it doesn’t make any sense. i can’t wear mine unless i’m wearing a longer shirt or jacket because the rise just looks funny on me. 

Different strokes for different folks I guess. The rise works well for me. The thing I liked about the old LVC 44s was the high rise. I'd say it's comparable to the TCBs. Also another favorite of mine, the original MF Buckaroos have a similar rise. 

Edited by CSL

2 hours ago, CSL said:

Different strokes for different folks I guess. The rise works well for me. The thing I liked about the old LVC 44s was the high rise. I'd say it's comparable to the TCBs. Also another favorite of mine, the original MF Buckaroos have a similar rise. 

I like the high rise in terms of comfort and I think it looks good when I just wear a t shirt, but it does make some of my jackets look too long which is something that I don't like. 

51 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I like the high rise in terms of comfort and I think it looks good when I just wear a t shirt, but it does make some of my jackets look too long which is something that I don't like. 

time to invest in some more period-correct shorter pieces to tide you over until you can turn your attention to the longer jackets... you know you wanna..! embrace your inner @Broark

4 minutes ago, mondo said:

time to invest in some more period-correct shorter pieces to tide you over until you can turn your attention to the longer jackets... you know you wanna..! embrace your inner @Broark

Well my cotton jackets are all on the shorter side now which helps and I am replacing a couple of longer leather jackets with some shorter ones so I'm in the process.

Yeah the rise is high to a point that tucked in shirts look off proportions to my eye sometimes. Doesn't feel the same with a tucked in t shirt.

I find myself wearing more often sweater that cover the waist line or a shirt covered by a vest.

Favourite combo is 40s with the older super short warehouse sweatshirts, the sweatshirts are too short, the jeans are too long and they complement each other well together :D

2020-11-20-083609981.thumb.jpg.1e568e6cc2ceef104358164a2b895237.jpg