Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

At what temps do you wash and do you use a dryer @mandel9000? iIf you don’t mind me asking of course? Secrets of the trade and all that. I wouldn’t mind that level of puckering and scruchiness you’ve got going on there you see!

Thanks! I'll share all my secrets in this thread, of course. I wash at 40 degrees (celsius) and used the dryer this last time as well. I use the shared laundry room in the basement of my building and the machines there are industrial, about three times as large as normal and very powerful, probably a bit harder on the clothes than consumer machines. I never wash my wool jumpers there, for example, because they would end up in a toddler size. One drawback though: I forgot to shake out the jeans before throwing them in the dryer, so one of those pesky laundry folds got a lot of friction and now there's a significant stripe down the leg. Bummer, but I guess it'll disappear with time. 

On 11/2/2020 at 10:24 PM, Spiraltoy said:

As per usuals I’ve already gotten a hole in one of my pocket bags. My left one which is wabash. I thought it felt kinda sturdy but alas, I was wrong. Gotta get that needle and thread out.

E8B34B42-F919-45C8-B6CE-7EBAB64F5FE6.jpeg

5A1334E3-CC51-4F43-935A-32D6DAAEAFC4.jpeg

I have same problem with all my jeans. Front pocket will have holes and start to tear in no time! That's because i keep phone in front pocket i guess.Do you have some tips to teach me to repair those holes and reinforce the pocket bags?

Still no signs of any fading. Last picture is something I came across while looking for a muffler shop on Google Maps, figured volvo would like it.

Edited by justintk

2 hours ago, Uncle Karl said:

Here are some of the things I usually use.

A5ABFA62-8753-4239-8BA2-3039EA87E554.thumb.jpeg.97bd3857e6e54f65461bf414302eda78.jpeg

C26454A6-5DA5-4B34-A349-DB61CB5CFC67.thumb.jpeg.3515b8d93e6ba16ff8d4e9558468f997.jpeg

5E9CDF9C-DF38-4539-ABB9-6289FE2F6453.thumb.jpeg.e8310c58bb0a1aaf084d431325fb3f51.jpeg

It is a chisel bag that I have been using for about 10 years.  The button is laurel.  I ordered this from a jeans shop in Kochi to make it.

Hi @Uncle Karl  ...Your TCBWW2's are wearing along very nicely.

Your chisel bag's dark and light blues and the few lighter worn areas looks beautiful. It must be that distinct combination of the not washing at all, so it keeps that certain shade of indigo + the constant contact  with wood and metal tools are the main extra ingredient. I'd love to have a chore coat or jeans with these kinds of colours/texture :smile:

1 hour ago, Chris T said:

Hi @Uncle Karl  ...Your TCBWW2's are wearing along very nicely.

あなたのチゼルバッグのダークブルーとライトブルー、そしていくつかの明るい摩耗部分は美しく見えます。それはまったく洗わないというその明確な組み合わせでなければならないので、それはインディゴの特定の色合い+木や金属の道具との絶え間ない接触が主な余分な成分であることを維持します。このような色や質感の雑用コートやジーンズが欲しいです :スマイル:

こんにちは! @クリスT過去10年間に一度だけ洗浄しました。そしてこの生地は70年代のビッグジョンのデッドストックの生地を使用しています。私が住んでいる高知県には、かつてビッグジョンの工場がありました。ジーンズ屋さんの店主さんから、そこで働いている人に生地を少し割ってもらいました。

私はあなたと同じ考えを持っています。ノミ、木材チップ、擦り切れた布地。そして、ほとんど洗われていないので、それは素晴らしい色合いです。私もこのような色が大好きです。

^ Thank very much @Uncle Karl - I hope this is a good translation - from google translate of course

ありがとう-それで始めてとても素敵なデニム-それはあなたがそれを作るためにそのデッドストックを手に入れたのでとても良いですそしてそれは本当に美しくなりました

こんにちは! @クリスT過去10年間に一度だけ洗浄しました。そしてこの生地は70年代のビッグジョンのデッドストックの生地を使用しています。私が住んでいる高知県には、かつてビッグジョンの工場がありました。ジーンズ屋さんの店主さんから、そこで働いている人に生地を少し割ってもらいました。

私はあなたと同じ考えを持っています。ノミ、木材チップ、擦り切れた布地。そして、ほとんど洗われていないので、それは素晴らしい色合いです。私もこのような色が大好きです。

Hello! @Chris T Cleaned only once in the last 10 years. And this fabric uses the fabric of Big John's dead stock from the 70's. There used to be a Big John factory in Kochi prefecture, where I live. The owner of a jeans shop asked the person working there to break the fabric a little.

I have the same idea as you. Flea, wood chips, frayed fabric. And since it's barely washed, it's a great shade. I also love colors like this.