Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

5 hours ago, Jared_Lee said:

@shredwin_206, yeah, hopefully at some point over the next 16 months I can get around to posting some more detail shots of the suit. That's just the top half! Haha. As for who, the torso was done by five different artists over the last 17 years.

J Medina did my back

Chuco Moreno did my front and left underarm

Freddy Corbin and Bert Krak did my sides. Freddy did the black and gray. Bert did the Tex Avery and pinup.

It all started with my second ever tattoo from Sebastian Orth at Otherworld Tattoo. He did the color chest piece back in 2003(?). He's really the one that passed down a lot of wisdom and perspective that helped shape how I approached getting tattooed and greatly influenced the final product.

Great set of artists. Got tattooed by Freddy Corbin in ,95 while gevend in amsterdam, was a nice experience. And I use a Bert krak tattoo machine daily 

8 hours ago, smoothsailor said:

Great set of artists. Got tattooed by Freddy Corbin in ,95 while gevend in amsterdam, was a nice experience. And I use a Bert krak tattoo machine daily 

I would love to see your Freddy tattoo! It's not often people post 25-year-old tattoos from anyone let alone Freddy, really. I love seeing how they've aged.

First wash since they were starting to feel sticky on the inside. For a one wash, surprising to see how much dye still washed out. Waist shrank back from 34 to 31 and the length shrank as well from 33.5 to 32.5. From an original one wash 33/34. I'll expect the waist to stretch back to where it was before.

20201030_175832.jpg

20201030_175805.jpg

21 hours ago, Jared_Lee said:

I would love to see your Freddy tattoo! It's not often people post 25-year-old tattoos from anyone let alone Freddy, really. I love seeing how they've aged.

Excuse to hijack this thread, I don,t even own a tcb piece.

here you go Jared , funny story.

I saw Freddy in London a few yrs back, during convention weekend. He asked me to come around the day after to his booth to show him my tattoo. Saw him late in a restaurant and I was about to leave so wore long sleeves etc.

so the next day I went by, there was an Italian guy also there trying to get his attention. When he/we got it, turned the guy also wanted to show Freddy his old tattoo on his chest, made in Amsterdam in the 90,s . Same tattoo, we all cracked up. He drew mine just right on my arm, I guess he did that all the time

1503BEF9-3DEF-4FE5-B725-9A699C0A1701.jpeg

So I had to miss this contest due to funds earlier in the year, however my 36" OW pair arrived today. They measured Waist 16.5"/Inside leg 35"/Back Rise 17"/Hem 8.7" they fit great but I'm going to wash them to get some of the bleed out and hopefully take some of the length out. 

On 10/26/2020 at 7:00 PM, Jared_Lee said:

Finally, the details. Thank you to Ryo and Inoue for managing to get the original contest details into the second pair. I was only expecting the patch, but got the works.

This is the two cats brand and my first contest run with TCB found me and my cat Dimitri on the cover of a coffee table book. Sadly, after 18 years, I had to put him down last week. I'll consider this contest run a little memorial to him.

IMG_20201026_144912.jpg

That would be Williams‘ “Men with Cats“ and both of you on the cover.
I have a copy in Berlin on the couch table but never made the connection.

My condolences - 18 years is a good age!

On 10/30/2020 at 10:55 AM, smoothsailor said:

Excuse to hijack this thread, I don,t even own a tcb piece.

here you go Jared , funny story.

I saw Freddy in London a few yrs back, during convention weekend. He asked me to come around the day after to his booth to show him my tattoo. Saw him late in a restaurant and I was about to leave so wore long sleeves etc.

so the next day I went by, there was an Italian guy also there trying to get his attention. When he/we got it, turned the guy also wanted to show Freddy his old tattoo on his chest, made in Amsterdam in the 90,s . Same tattoo, we all cracked up. He drew mine just right on my arm, I guess he did that all the time

1503BEF9-3DEF-4FE5-B725-9A699C0A1701.jpeg

This is a welcomed addition! That's a funny story for sure. The tattoo looks great. Classic '90s Freddy Corbin style. I would love to have one from that era in his career. I love my black and gray from him, no doubt, but that era of Bay area tattoos looks so fucking original and so good!

And please feel free to join the conversation any time. These contests live through the periferral lives we all have surrounding the jeans we wear. Without these types of posts, it'd just be jeans on a tractor, jeans in a field, jeans on a wood floor, you get the picture. That stuff is all great too, but this is where the heart is. Thank you!

@Foxy2 That's the one! Thank you for your condolences. I also received a lovely e-mail from David Williams when he learned of Dimitri's death. A real class act. And yes, I am thankful for the rich, long life that little cat shared with me.

@Thanks_M8 Well I think Realthing (that's the name of the fleece brands) is one of the best undiscovered Chinese brands you can find on Taobao. The one I wear here is the very first fleece design they made. the last ones are much better made, fleece fabric is thicker and better quality, lining fabrics improved a lot too. Tho this is the first one and I really like the colors. I wear it all the time at home.

As per usuals I’ve already gotten a hole in one of my pocket bags. My left one which is wabash. I thought it felt kinda sturdy but alas, I was wrong. Gotta get that needle and thread out.

E8B34B42-F919-45C8-B6CE-7EBAB64F5FE6.jpeg

5A1334E3-CC51-4F43-935A-32D6DAAEAFC4.jpeg

On 10/30/2020 at 7:30 AM, indigo_junkie said:

First wash since they were starting to feel sticky on the inside. For a one wash, surprising to see how much dye still washed out. Waist shrank back from 34 to 31 and the length shrank as well from 33.5 to 32.5. From an original one wash 33/34. I'll expect the waist to stretch back to where it was before.

Did you get these hemmed or did they start at 33.5 inside leg? My OW were 35 and now 34.5 after a wash but I can’t get them hemmed due to lockdown 

20 hours ago, Mtvare said:

Really enjoying the fit of both jeans and jacket now. Temperatures are just right for jacket over t-shirt at the moment as well.

TCB s40s 29.10.20 anon.jpg

Great fit allround! Especially that jacket - probably the best jacket fit I've seen so far.