Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

14 minutes ago, justintk said:

@srudy Nice pics! I wish there was something like that within a day of me, but there isn't. Also I am intrigued as to how that vehicle got down by the water in that first pic.

On that bend in the road there is a drive, large enough for a car-where folks process fish after being out all day. 

(OW 32) before their first  wash this week, not much fading so far but that's the trouble with a desk job.

R0041826.thumb.JPG.8505dbf152c80f43553e77db7c0cc203.JPG

They had stretched out to almost 86cm (bottom) and shrunk back to 78-79cm after a 60 degree wash (top).

Had them back on a day and they are stretching back out nicely, super comfortable. My favourite jeans at the moment

2062685253_R0041825copy.thumb.jpg.ca18468e563a405c1b559ed2373c5210.jpg

Getting some roping back too (post wash top TCB hemming off cut at the bottom)

R0041834.thumb.JPG.db3b78cd0e583df99042cdde055819a7.JPG

On 10/9/2020 at 5:49 PM, Jurassic said:

(OW 32) before their first  wash this week, not much fading so far but that's the trouble with a desk job.

They had stretched out to almost 86cm (bottom) and shrunk back to 78-79cm after a 60 degree wash (top).

Had them back on a day and they are stretching back out nicely, super comfortable.

Me too... same size, same fading story, also washed this week, same stretch-shrink-stretch measurements... This thread would be a few pages shorter if we'd known about that stretch back in August, I think.

Also my left leg twist is now about 80º, selvedge almost pointing forwards

10 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

超愛らしい!私の猫は太りすぎて足をトンネルとして使うことができません。恐れています。 

@mandel9000

Thank you!  I'm happy.  My cat is also fat, but my legs are also thick so I can barely play in the tunnel!:tongue:ありがとう!!

The cat was thin when he picked it up, but he got fat after the contraceptive surgery.  worry.

14 hours ago, el padre said:

Also my left leg twist is now about 80º, selvedge almost pointing forwards

How many washes are you at and at what temps? Do love me some leg twist but mine has barely started to migrate forward. I’ve just done a 40c and a 30c on my OW pair mind.

Soaked my TCB in the washing machine, 15 minutes of dryer and a little bit of that sweet PVA glue (Japanese starch) that BerBerJin usually apply on vintage denim. The roping is insane and the jeans can walk on their own. They are alive !

dZ2jvTtl.jpg