Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

^ I did this in the late '80s when I was a starving student and had no belt to hold up my increasingly loose 501s... wish I still had some of those jeans, I used to visit the city and sift through the thrift store offerings looking for the red lines because they looked more neatly finished than the others...

12 hours ago, breakingfad said:

@buler message me next time you are in Milwaukee. Need to start doing some meet ups!!! I also saw someone on here from columbus Ohio which I go to a lot!!!

@breakingfad I will let you know. Not sure when I'll be going back. Probably not returning to work in the office until February or later.

Damn @tjandaputra I hope you’re doing okay? Are you wearing the Knee brace of shame now ;) ? 

I had my foot in an Aircast for a few months a couple of years ago, which meant I wore sweats or shorts for about 6 months - only managed to stretch a couple of pairs over the contraption when I could find the energy. 
hope your heal up quickly. 

@tigerstrom Where did it rip?  Gnome had the same situation on the 1st wash.

So, I haven’t washed & not planning to wash anytime soon,  but I’m already doing assessment for an anticipatory reinforcement on the usual weak points,  e.g., crotch & pockets.

I’ve mentioned early on that,  though I love the chambrayXwabash combo on my pair,  the chambray would be the 1st to degrade & disintegrate.  I figure,  the less dense construction of the shirting material is not meant/suited for the task ... & now,  it seems even the wabash might be a problem, too:sad:

Compared side by side with the PBJ XX007 pocket bag.

439E6BCC-7140-49EA-8028-13298354082B.thumb.jpeg.64afc71f58a14c559f5083d744026bac.jpeg

6BE13269-40E2-49C8-ABF2-3192FFE192A8.thumb.jpeg.2e90f8e109f181331c67f156f181cfc3.jpeg

Edited by BrownMetallic

15 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

greetings y'all

so still lots of indigo and extra length even in ow and extra soak state

Ok2IOKGh.png

so a 60c wash and patch fry has ensued...

fs7D3Cdh.png

1p1ayJ9h.jpg

&

hairy crinkles etc ...

WZUxOePh.jpg

oUJaPqQh.jpg

XYHEIRhh.jpg

... favorite tcb cut now they are a little more tamed...

&&&

the unhemmed situation...

FGKJw03h.jpg

Nice loose fit, 

11 hours ago, JDelage said:

I'm looking forward to your repair / reinforcement!

Still deciding on the fabric material & how to incorporate it on existing bag ... also, planning on using Pellon  [fusible interfacing] to beef-up the chambray.

9 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

The fabric ripped where the stitching ends on the corner of you understand what I mean. If I remember it was where gardens pocket ripped too. I have the black wabash so I hope you guys with the blue are luckier :)@BrownMetallic

I see ... so, I’ll just deal with it when it does happen.  The flimsy chambray is my immediate concern.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

I went to a muddy dog park today, this might call for a first post-wear wash.

32A30A52-AA27-49D3-BBA7-1423DFF70BF5.thumb.jpeg.c7ebd593079ba06fc21ee1895017bac9.jpeg

Thiago is so cute! How is the training going?

Edited by buler
x