Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Have nothing to show for nearly a month of wear so far, but luckily I'll be taking a quarantined road trip out west; Should be a good opportunity to photograph an actual fit pic and some interesting westerny sights (horseback riding, hiking, etc.). Enjoying all the content so far otherwise though!

Nothing to show here either. Surprisingly enough wearing jeans at a desk doesn't fade them. Who knew?

Anyway it's about to get colder here so the temps will be right for hiking and stuff in jeans.

Happy Sunday people.

That is a really great photo of you @volvo240thebest:smile:

@mondo and @breakingfad - the roping is coming along quickly Mondo - I have mine turned twice at the moment so don't see the roping:sad: -  and like you illl be trying different lengths I think - I try and narrow mine in the rolling at the moment which gives it a different look to just a big turn up. They are longer than I would have wanted - always too cautious on the hem :rolleyes:.

Just for info - mine (OW) were a bit longer than what id asked to be hemmed but lost 2cms on a soak - ending up exactly the length id asked for - which I was totally impressed by:ohmy:. They then seem to relax and went back to the length they were when they arrived. Still to wash yet.....

Provided the quality of the pasta and sauce you're using/making (I'm a big fan of La Molisana) the single thing that makes a difference the most I think is to finish cooking the pasta in the sauce. Just drain the pasta three or four minutes before is cooked and toss it while still nice and moisty in the sauce, add a bit of water, turn the heat on and stir like there's no tomorrow to make the gluten work its wonders and thicken the sauce. You have to make a complete mess of your kitchen as well, otherwise it doesn't work. Give me your email for my consultancy invoice. It's not going to be cheap I'm afraid.

Anyone else measure their inseam on both legs? 
I have just found that one leg was approx 1” longer than the other. Made my calculations for a hem a bit confusing until I realised! 
In Keeping with the spirit of WW2 production methods though ;)

On there way back to me now - 3” shorter and even leg length now.