Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Both are good, but I say go for the hem.

At the risk of confirming my old fart, curmudgeonly, non-cool status, does anyone hem jeans so they don't wear through at the cuff line?  Sacrilegious question, no doubt.

1 hour ago, roomtemplacroix said:

それらは嵐の雲ではありません。山火事の脅威が快適さのためにあまりにも近づき始めているので、ハッチを当てて去る準備をします。私の東約20マイルのオレゴン州に大きな火事があります。昨日ジーンズをもう一枚つけました。 

AB8A6002-9F30-425A-A810-2D39EC9BE1B6.jpeg

F5509E39-BDDE-4F14-ABBE-3A0C22D1352C.jpeg

6953CE82-3489-4433-9A4B-87FCBFDC0F0B.jpeg

Horrible sky.

I am deeply moved by the news of the forest fire.  Please be safe.  I pray for the fire extinguishing as soon as possible.  Please be careful.

7 hours ago, roomtemplacroix said:

those aren’t storm clouds. battening the hatches and gearing up to leave as the threat of wildfires is getting much too close for comfort. there’s are large fire burning about 20 miles east of me here in oregon. i did give my jeans another soak yesterday. 

Good luck, hope you all stay safe and the fires get under control 

1 hour ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

hoping all those affected by fires can stay safe!

compared back pockets to other tcb models, now comparing elements of my 38 s40s with my cone 36w-34l LVC '44

[would love to see other comparisons with other war models by those who have them...]

basic profile:

tcb (on right) def has longer rise (front and back) with lvc (on left) having much trimmer thigh...

gR9mdE3h.jpg

I love the comparison stuff between jeans - thanks very much @bartlebyyphonics different jeans shapes, denims, stitching , (esp viewed side by side) is one of the pleasures the forum offers:smile: :unsure2:

to me (inexpert) looking, the LVC 40s look less distinctive - correct standard details and the denim, but they kept the overall sewing and production quality etc far more in line with their others - but that's just an impression.. the denim on theirs is probably their main focus? 

favourite things so far - lemon yellow stitching colour and the inky blue colour with the textured but only slightly feel to the denim. Wasn't one of the early comments at the beginning that jackets could never be short enough and on jeans the rise never be high enough?? well the rise is surely high enough^_^

Edited by Chris T

1 hour ago, mandel9000 said:

Day 10, off to work with lil' doggo. I've actually worn the jeans every day since the start of the contest and I can already see some nice creases and fades coming in. It's been a while since my last new pair, but these seem like pretty fast faders.

I think you're right about that last part.

This is what the fly and crease on the thigh look like on my pair after 8 days:

IMG_20200910_134223__01.thumb.jpg.e2ce3a183d9eb5604bec2606cad85bbd.jpg

6 hours ago, el padre said:

Great pictures @sattyz!

Thanks!

6 hours ago, CSL said:

IMG_2701.JPG

This kind of pict should be a mandatory post in this contest. Dedicated to our furry friends.

8 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

Day 10, off to work with lil' doggo. I've actually worn the jeans every day since the start of the contest and I can already see some nice creases and fades coming in. It's been a while since my last new pair, but these seem like pretty fast faders. And I've either lost a substantial amount of weight since September 1st, or these have stretched a few inches the past week and a half. I bet on the latter. 

Autumn is definitely in the air in Norway these days, mornings are cold and bright and I've started layering. Tucked shirt ftw btw! I'll break out the real camera this weekend and try to get some better shots. 

IMG_8257.thumb.jpg.a93e45267b05cfdaff84662828be6e43.jpg

IMG_8266.thumb.jpg.ae6d66448614ec4e2064ac1944aa7520.jpg

IMG_8267.thumb.jpg.5df8826e55d63f0365236a4eb4565f74.jpg

I’m thinking the same this denim is definitely fast fading I’m losing loads of indigo,and my s40 jacket is fading really quick to