Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

14 hours ago, RunMountainDrew said:

Interestingly, both the non-contest jeans and jacket are now listed for sale and in stock on Denimio.  This is much sooner than I had expected.  The cheerful side of me is glad, perhaps those of you with sizing issues can snag a pair?  My more jaded side thinks that perhaps if they had the fabric for this extra run, perhaps they could have used it to make right the sizing mistakes.  I'm generally not a fan of pre-order models (a-la Gustin) wherein the guinea pigs initial customers bear the brunt of the business's risk, and am a little disappointed to see this contest being used as such.  Maybe I'm just reading into it too much.

On a brighter note, I hot washed (sans soap) and medium dried my pair after a few beers at the end of day 1.  Succeeded in removing some of the inseam length, and also adding some crispness to the fabric (the OW were very soft initially) to aid in setting creases.  It also really helped start the roping, which was flat and almost non-existent in the OW as received.

I was also very suprised to see this. As Ryo told me the regular run would be ready mid October...

10 hours ago, Darren Barbera said:

Really enjoying the ww2 cut I can see why this cut is so big in Japan 

Haha I like how u put that. 

Honestly I have been wearing Ooe’s WW2 cut for like 8 years straight now. (I have 4 pairs of those)  I love the ‘44 501 repro’s but I’m quite surprised at how slim these 40s actually are in the top block, no hip flares even...

I tried to wear mine at work this week but the 4" double cuff didn't work well from a stealth POV 

bit the bullet yesterday and took 3" off the inseam and sewed them up on my home machine, then threw them in a 40 wash.

im finding the opposite problem to most. They're about 1" too big in the waist, big hip flares and are bigger than my 20's. 

Hopefull that the warm machine wash will bring them in a little.

2 hours ago, Tiro said:

I was also very suprised to see this. As Ryo told me the regular run would be ready mid October...

Haha I like how u put that. 

Honestly I have been wearing Ooe’s WW2 cut for like 8 years straight now. (I have 4 pairs of those)  I love the ‘44 501 repro’s but I’m quite surprised at how slim these 40s actually are in the top block, no hip flares even...

High rise Slim in the waist kinda helps them not slipping down to the hip area so I don’t need a belt,also I put on a pair of my samurai cadet denim which our a tapered  Morden fit,what a difference but I do love all different fits:

Edited by Darren Barbera