Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Finally things have come around to the way I was doing it all along. No longer do I have to hide in the shadows in shame....

24 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

cute cats, ill fitting jeans and muffin tops, indeed that's 2020's cool shit in a nutshell
I very much look forward to the next installment on lawn mowers

Lawnmowers and tractors coming up... don't want to use up everything in the first week.

B

58 minutes ago, djungelorm said:

@Duodequinquagesimus I am pretty old now according to the kiddies and my spouse, but I am still about the lower rise, never wash (ok I will wash sometimes) fades honeycombs stacks whiskers... and cats of course. I am all about loose fits, though, and have never liked tight jeans.

Remember the Dior or APC ones or the nudies and everyone obsessed with fades. Also samurai or momos. Trying to hard to look cool or relaxed. Forced. Now it’s all more relaxing and natural. 
Yeah I like low and medium rise. High rise still don’t get it. Not for me.

Recap- TCB

On 9/3/2020 at 8:59 AM, Duke Mantee said:

That’s a great fit - but ‘extra space in the top block’? ... did you get a different cut?!! :huh2:

:laugh2:

I’m a natural 35” waist so always have to choose between a 34 or 36. As I also like to tuck I go for the bigger size. The huge rise on these make very comfortable for as I have both long legs and torso.

sorry your size didn’t work out bud :(

17 minutes ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

They sure do crock. Spent an hour at the supermarket and came back to this haha

That they do.. no pics, but I was caught unexpectedly in the rain yesterday and my white laces are now blue. The white leather of the sneakers isn't too badly stained, though, so I may just change the laces. It's kickstarted the roping process, at least..

6 hours ago, corporalclegg said:

Went for a hike out in marin. A little worried I’m gonna blow the crotch on these really early. Guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get there

Great views!

Yeah I tend to kill crotches as well. Hoping these are just loose enough to not blow 

3 hours ago, Illcutz said:

I’m a natural 35” waist so always have to choose between a 34 or 36. As I also like to tuck I go for the bigger size. The huge rise on these make very comfortable for as I have both long legs and torso.

sorry your size didn’t work out bud :(

I’ve got a big arse and my plan collapsed over the chart reading - but the jeans got a good home.

Yours look great though and really suit your proportions. Quality

Ok so I’m chucking these in the machine again. Hoping to lose a bit more rise, length and itchiness...  anyone used any soap and or fabric softener yet? The itch is killing me when the sun is out...

8 minutes ago, Tiro said:

Ok so I’m chucking these in the machine again. Hoping to lose a bit more rise, length and itchiness...  anyone used any soap and or fabric softener yet? The itch is killing me when the sun is out...

I didn't wash mine in the machine yet, but I did cold soak them with Woolite Dark. They are feeling like they need another wash but I wouldn't say they are itchy.

1 minute ago, tigerstrom said:

I'm planning to wait at least a month before I wash my pair again. Wouldn't use fabric softener on denim. To be honest I never use it and don't understand why it even exist haha.

Haha I usually never use it on denim either. Just pondering on a way to lose some of that itchiness. lol 

Guess it’s the combination of starch, hairy denim and a smaller then ideal size...

Interestingly, both the non-contest jeans and jacket are now listed for sale and in stock on Denimio.  This is much sooner than I had expected.  The cheerful side of me is glad, perhaps those of you with sizing issues can snag a pair?  My more jaded side thinks that perhaps if they had the fabric for this extra run, perhaps they could have used it to make right the sizing mistakes.  I'm generally not a fan of pre-order models (a-la Gustin) wherein the guinea pigs initial customers bear the brunt of the business's risk, and am a little disappointed to see this contest being used as such.  Maybe I'm just reading into it too much.

On a brighter note, I hot washed (sans soap) and medium dried my pair after a few beers at the end of day 1.  Succeeded in removing some of the inseam length, and also adding some crispness to the fabric (the OW were very soft initially) to aid in setting creases.  It also really helped start the roping, which was flat and almost non-existent in the OW as received.

54 minutes ago, Tiro said:

Haha I usually never use it on denim either. Just pondering on a way to lose some of that itchiness. lol 

Guess it’s the combination of starch, hairy denim and a smaller then ideal size...

I would wash them and see if it gets better :) Or just wait it out, they will get softer and more comfortable.