Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

10 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

That fit is so good @el padre !

Thank you sir!

I got more shrink at 30 degrees on the one wash version. But they stretch back so easy in the waist. I'm concerned my ass is going to stretch and sag too but let's face it, I can't see it, and no-one else wants to, so not a big deal these days

@SLAB that cuffing looks good to me. 

I've been rolling between double and triple cuffs, depending how fresh my ankles want to feel. I dunno if triple is wrong but I kind of like the way it weights them on a looser fit. But autumn is coming and the breeze is picking up, and so I suspect those days will soon be gone 

9 hours ago, breakingfad said:

@crocodino did you say your OW lost a inch in inseam after wash?

yes.. from 82cm to 79cm 

4 hours ago, Darren Barbera said:

How long did you soak them cold and do you think that will reduce fading the denim from OW 

around 50 minutes, hmm  i don't think so. don't worry about that man.

@breakingfad Mine did similar, 84 -> 81

@Darren Barbera don't worry about water fading them. Mine looked no different after a 30 degree machine wash. I doubt they'd look much different if I washed them every day for a month. Time does the fading.

They're still chucking indigo all over the place, to the extent that one of my kids was worried for my health ("dad, your hands have gone blue! are you feeling OK?"), but they're still darkly rich with it.

yes that is a really good fit @el padre - the variation in fits has surprised me so far - the slimmer ones like @beautiful_FrEaK's still look good but pretty different to the wider ones I was expecting - and that more of the Japanese fits look like. (I still think shorter legs is easier to get the good baggier look - longer legs might flare out at hip more??).

The prompt for me to soak my OW was when @crocodino - and others mentioned the additional shrink being an inch or so - trying to get the shrink gone at the start - without much more loss of starch tho. May take a week to dry now the sun's gone in :rolleyes:

@bartlebyyphonics Just to confirm what you said a few pages back, my 38OW started out tight (waist only, everywhere else seems fine to me) and are quickly becoming my most comfortable pair. I actually suspect that if they had started out bigger and still stretched the same amount, they would feel too big now.

9 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

Everyone who have returned stuff that didn't meet the chart measurements did you pay for the return shipping? Ryo have asked me to pay for the shipping which to me sound like a bit of a stretch as the product (in this instance the jacket) doesn't live up to the expectations.

Yes, standard TCB return and exchange policy is you pay return shipping (no noted exceptions). If you object, e-mail Ryo and see if he'll sort it out. Not much any of us can do.

30 minutes ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

ok so its high rise, hair, washing, cats and dogs

i remember years ago it was about low rise, tight, never wash, fades honeycombs stacks whiskers etc

so we´re getting auld

some of the photos are really good

@Duodequinquagesimus I am pretty old now according to the kiddies and my spouse, but I am still about the lower rise, never wash (ok I will wash sometimes) fades honeycombs stacks whiskers... and cats of course. I am all about loose fits, though, and have never liked tight jeans.

36 minutes ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

ok so its high rise, hair, washing, cats and dogs

i remember years ago it was about low rise, tight, never wash, fades honeycombs stacks whiskers etc

so we´re getting auld

some of the photos are really good

cute cats, ill fitting jeans and muffin tops, indeed that's 2020's cool shit in a nutshell
I very much look forward to the next installment on lawn mowers

giphy.gif