Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

38 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

s40s vs 50s

6vaxFsZh.jpg?1

so please ignore my boringness: but all around 17cm top from edge to edge, but yes, the s40s have a 2cm worth of stitching by the rivet (comp. to 50s c.1.5 and 20s 1) so reduced opening even if pocket seems slightly larger ...

Really nice comparison @bartlebyyphonics - all three decades' are good pocket shapes - tho the 40's are the best:happy:....  

Its the opening most of all yes - (putting hands in is when its really noticeable). so I pulled out a couple of older pairs  - they're bigger. Pockets look better without a bigger wallet usually no?

2 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

and lastly...

a patch and waistband and belt-loop comparison

(s40s -50s - 20s [pardon the boiled comp. patch])

hU1NUwXh.jpg?1

4sXn5sTh.jpg?1

and a fly check... (20s - 50s - s40s)

nxkhgykh.jpg?1

///

edit:

& buttons (20s - 50s - s40s)

sQZJpsah.jpg?1

F7pZqEAh.jpg?1

///

a coin pocket check... (s40s - 50s - 20s)

xDKLtgsh.jpg?1

a final back pocket corner comparison... (20s - 50s - s40s)

YDnGTD0h.jpg?1

Nice! U are making me feel the need for a pair of those 50s...

2 hours ago, Illcutz said:

First Day wearing them out of the house. Loving the fit and the extra space in the top block.A173EE52-86AA-400A-85A4-55D8967FB54A.thumb.jpeg.bffee7e41e0e234eadfd74d757fda25d.jpeg

Nailed it buddy! Perfect fit. 
wish I had that much room in the top block. 

37 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

That’s a great fit - but ‘extra space in the top block’? ... did you get a different cut?!! :huh2:

:laugh2:

I'm finding them quite roomy, after a couple of days' wear... for my body type, sizing up 2" from my usual produces a comfortably snug fit around the old love handles with plenty of space in the rest of the top block. Loitering with hands in pockets is a breeze, compared to my usual snobbish thumb-hook :smile:

Duke; perhaps he means extra cm in the rise?

8 hours ago, breakingfad said:

... Naked cuffs till I figure what to do with them!

41DAF75F-7AE6-485E-8700-AB1CA20383C9.jpeg

I'm in the same boat, lopped off around 4 inches and am waiting to see where it settles after a few washes before professionally hemming... [fairly happy that tcb forgot to hem them, as the length I requested would still have been too long for no cuff given the monster rise...]

(I feel like an old granny here but...) do make sure to secure the selvedge seam so that doesn't unravel...

2 hours ago, Frost said:

MVIMG_20200903_083811.thumb.jpg.505691d6c6ca93d9f2d5b3ab70b95e92.jpg

Day 3

^ perfect no-cuffology in practice...

6 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

First non fried leather patch I seen from Aho ;) 

give him a couple of weeks!

@aho - how is your inseam length working, iirc yours was the shortest anyone talked about - pix pls!!!

21 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

(I feel like an old granny here but...) do make sure to secure the selvedge seam so that doesn't unravel...

Sound advice Granny Bartles.

Look at this for a crack of doom. Terrifying stuff:

E0A9A8BC-8EC0-4B97-9043-C3D19D213818.thumb.jpeg.0f2b97a69db811db04ed1d8ff63acacf.jpeg

Not TCB by way. 

47 minutes ago, mondo said:

I'm finding them quite roomy, after a couple of days' wear... for my body type, sizing up 2" from my usual produces a comfortably snug fit around the old love handles with plenty of space in the rest of the top block. Loitering with hands in pockets is a breeze, compared to my usual snobbish thumb-hook :smile:

It seems most folk that persevered got what they wanted - I’m starting to think I just made an arse of it and gave up to soon ... although I had I very specific plan which did rely on the charts

45 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

Duke; perhaps he means extra cm in the rise?

Possibly buddy, and I do think the rise has been very flattering on a lot of folks. Gives the impression of a longer leg.

@unders - Yikes! To put in context, I do mean secure the selvedge seam if you have hacked your hem off yourself and not then sewn it all back up... mine were starting to peel apart after I separated the masters hem from the body... just a couple of stitches for now to stop them peeling apart in the wash...

oTvtGfhh.png

BRXBFEth.jpg

[and here glowers the lost roping opportunities ... ]

Khcfmc8h.jpg

Well, it's all gone to shit with my jacket - it's way too tight for me (not even close to the charts) so it's going back. No tux for me this time around which is a shame.

Their new companion will have to be my WH BDD jacket instead which is a good substitute.