Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

1 hour ago, el padre said:

I washed at 30, no dryer. Lost a couple cm in the leg. I’d already stretched the waist a bit before washing so it’s tricky to know if they shrank more there

Mine were the same. Now they’re stretched a tiny bit past the chart size though. They stretch and if the waist is your only worry it might work?

i guess they’re smaller everywhere so I’m getting a slimmer pair, not that sweet looser fit, but that’s ok. The waist was the only place they were wrong; the rest is just different

They fit kind of like my FH3005 now but with the rise on steroids. That’s good for me. 

I washed them exactly like I’ll always be washing them, to get them used to it. Then I went round the waist bit by bit with the button open and stretched them. Then I put them on damp and fastened them and wiggled round lots. 

yeah this is true! Although this pair has taught me to do it in centimetres (or millimetres maybe!), there’s been that much measuring involved 

I spoke to Inoue this morning he’s confident there stretch and I trust his word from past experience with my Tcb 606 size 30 tag now have stretch to a 31 special after first wash also I have a pair of joe mccoys 906s which were crazy tight and they stretch 2 in the waist.

thank you 

12 minutes ago, Mtvare said:

なゆた

サイズ表から36 OWに違いはないと言いますか?しかし、42.5x2 = 85ですが、チャートでは91と表示されています。これは、34(6cm)の違いとまったく同じですか?

Oh!  That's right!  My misunderstanding!  Excuse me.:ohmy:

So I washed my jeans and wooooo they were hella tight. So spent an evening watching almost an entire season of HBO’s Insecure with them on and luckily they stretched out nicely:

D33D414A-3756-4FB7-B470-DFAC6F2C4718.thumb.jpeg.83667ac74f3d06d6dec21dc51a24498a.jpeg

77302236-70D6-402C-80F0-C5BFE458EC91.thumb.jpeg.a4f8517bbf15620cd819367f144f4546.jpeg
They’re still extremely crunchy this morning but I’m really really chuffed with them. I hope those with sizing issues can make them work or go for the exchange as I think this is going to be a great contest. 

Tried them with a belt for the first time and the closeness of the front belt hoops remind me of Ooe jeans a lot. 

Edited by Toegun
Extra extra

20 hours ago, BrownMetallic said:

Did u check w/ Ryo if they have some viable returns to exchange with ...

I’ll check again. No luck last time though. 

16 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Here you go, just measured after wash

Size 34

Raw
Waist: 34.5"
Front rise: 14.25"
Back rise: 18.25"
Thigh: 13"
Knee: 9.875"
Leg opening: 9"
Inseam: 33.75"

One-wash
Waist: 33"
Front rise: 13.9"
Back rise: 17"
Thigh: 12.5"
Knee: 9.5"
Leg opening: 8.75"
Inseam: 31.75"

Damn I’m jealous. Should have gone with that 34 as u did. 

7 hours ago, aho said:

Damn I must've lost some weight over quarantine as I'm swimming in these sweatpants :blush2:

Too dark for fit pics but I'll try for tomorrow. That said, it's a "period correct" fit and I'm all for it.

.vaccineline_lg.jpg.d88cd70aeac6d467b4d9649273668868.jpg64ae40fdc95366a42d3205d2ff7e417c.thumb.jpg.948c3d01d23dd185bab0585028e0f838.jpg

(hoping I don't have to mention any trigger warnings; these are taken from Japanese internment camp archives)

What size?

anyone got a 34 up for grabs? Hit me up... ;-)

1 hour ago, Uncle Karl said:

@ なゆたこんばんは!私はあなたのポストを待っていました!ポケット絵は本当に素晴らしいです!すぐに真似しようかな:D

また、このコンテストでパッチを作成するという非常に大きな仕事をしました!ありがとうございました。

カールさんの絵を楽しみにしています!ポケットに自分だけの絵を持つのはhappyです:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, unders said:

Great fit. 

Off topic, but did the slip ons go in the wash with some jeans? They look fantastic. 

No not at all because I’ve got the ow version I prefer to wear them in naturaly on 1st September 

Another unhappy participant sadly. 
I’m out of the contest. 
My 33 one wash measure  at barely 30 in the waist. 
Love the denim and my pocket bag combo was awesome. 
But no way these will work and not really interested in a plain later run 

1 hour ago, shredwin_206 said:

Another unhappy participant sadly. 
I’m out of the contest. 
My 33 one wash measure  at barely 30 in the waist. 
Love the denim and my pocket bag combo was awesome. 
But no way these will work and not really interested in a plain later run 

Seems like all the 33 OW are slimmer. I’m getting mine tomorrow. Hoping for the best. I’ll probably have to return if they’ll be under 32” 

Anyone see a size tag on their pants? Quick glance at mine I only see the wash instructions. 
Would be really easy to grab the wrong pair if they were just in a big pile to ship 

31 s40s with 31 50s. Mine came in at an incredibly tight 28” 

not sure what to do yet. The fit in the legs and top block is great. Definitely could wear them unbuttoned but that’s ridiculous 

583A6856-359C-462D-94FF-636CDE76F770.jpeg

Edited by erk

42 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

Anyone see a size tag on their pants? Quick glance at mine I only see the wash instructions. 
Would be really easy to grab the wrong pair if they were just in a big pile to ship 

Only on the patch, at least for mine.