Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Was able to get some stretch in on my size 34 rather easily, from a 32" to almost a 34", albeit still a bit too tight. Everything fits great except for the waist (Team Blueberry Muffin Top) so I'll see if I can get a bit more stretch before trying to go for a trade. I have a couple of tougher hiking trips planned late September and I tend to lose some weight for those. Just for interest sake, did anyone end going up to a 36 and needed a 34?

4 hours ago, Graytrain said:

No. 8 checking in! No sizing issues here. The fit I was after. Going to give 'em a hot wash to crinkle them up a bit more before we begin. R0002486-01.thumb.jpeg.41edf534b8a7cb8723ac58d9369fbe9f.jpegR0002492-01.thumb.jpeg.23c357d49cbd582b21eccac8e8bc3872.jpegR0002489-01.thumb.jpeg.2ec339c8a9b6560bb278e28e2c829f28.jpegR0002490-01.thumb.jpeg.5e7bd2dd717eaad0c356d9d5b0aa2688.jpeg

old western silhouette on lock. 

R0002494.thumb.JPG.25563ed216d26a1455c1d66c210982a6.JPG

sadly no hand written numbers on mine! But happy with the bags! Overall couldn't be happier. The jacket is unreal. The denim is spot on. The wonky stitching is sublime. 

Hey I have the same pocket bag combo and my number is written on the wabash fabric side, its just super hard to see. So have good hard look and it might be there!

20 minutes ago, Uncle Karl said:

Hi everyone!  Contest jeans are steadily reaching you!  I'm glad to see everyone posting happily.

Today's lunch was somen noodles

But I realized that I don't have chopsticks, so I made it in a hurry.

#33 Uncle Carl 34 inches

When I went to the tcb factory on June 22nd, I weighed 78 kilos, but since then I have exercised and weighed down to 69.9 kilos.  34 inches is loose...

I hope everyone participating is happy and successful.

wow, 10/10 fit!! 抜群のフィットです!

@garden gnomes in space I'm in the same in terms of the buttoning. The second to the top bottom seems perfect and the fit from that 2nd button down is perfect. The top button is doable, but very tight. If you have added some extra pounds during covid, maybe they can easily be lost later on?  I'd say give it a shot, i'll join you on the weight loss side. 

11 minutes ago, garden gnomes in space said:

Ok, heres my first world problem.  

I can get a replacement pair in a month or so when they make more.  No fancy pocket bags though.  The current pair I have fits really well everywhere except the waist.  Im thinking about getting the pocket bag fixed locally, rock the top unbuttoned like Aho (haha, sorry mate) and wait for the denim to soften up and reassess the waistband then...maybe it will encourage me to drop a few pounds as the contest progresses...  The rise is so high, the button below the top button is basically at perfect height .  

Pos rep for yea do it, neg/trash rep if Im losing my mind

11 minutes ago, garden gnomes in space said:

I can get a replacement pair in a month or so when they make more.  No fancy pocket bags though.  The current pair I have fits really well everywhere except the waist.  Im thinking about getting the pocket bag fixed locally, rock the top unbuttoned like Aho (haha, sorry mate) and wait for the denim to soften up and reassess the waistband then...maybe it will encourage me to drop a few pounds as the contest progresses...  The rise is so high, the button below the top button is basically at perfect height .  

If the waist is your only fit issue, go for it. I’ve only worn mine for about 20 minutes, and they stretched from too tight to just fine. I never pay mind to waist measurements, they stretch- thighs don’t, so that’s what matters most to me. If your legs fit, than everything else does.

21 minutes ago, garden gnomes in space said:

Im thinking about getting the pocket bag fixed locally, rock the top unbuttoned like Aho (haha, sorry mate) and wait for the denim to soften up and reassess the waistband then...

I was holding my tongue but definitely think this will work based on my experience :laugh:

Especially if everything aside from the top button fits fine, you'll be golden. Just be sure to wear a belt lol 

There are also these options:
4fe95ebb7fb1379181d9dd38a1470d28.jpg.ef2cdefa38828b340a379ad8f05268f7.jpg611IfwwmadL._AC_SL1001_.jpg.36ef8282249be258c55f40eef75cefd9.jpg

Not being facetious! I'd only caution to make sure the thighs fit fine, otherwise you might get a crotch blowout :cool:

Really happy to see some great fits coming through - the game is on

Alas, my vicarious entry - #71 Mrs MJF9 - is unfortunately out

Whilst the waist will stretch, the reduced thigh and hip measurements wouldn’t give the desired comfort over 18 months

Much credit to Ryo’s top customer service in stopping the post and offering the refund – couldn’t ask for more

What other brand could have turned around the contest is such short timescales - much credit to TCB and Volvo for getting this show on the road with pace!

To those who missed out, the House of Sufu has many rooms… so see you in WAYWT and (the much underused) What have your jeans been doing today!

This will surely be a cracking contest - best wishes to all involved… looking forward to watching it unfold...

my pair went through customs today. I will have to pay something and I believe it depends by the fact the parcel contains tee jacket and jeans.
eta still on monday

I really hoped to wear the caturday this saturday but will have to postpone to next week.

My tee arrived yesterday, Ryo sent it at no extra cost with Fedex. It was in Germany in less than 48 hours.  I will wear it on next tuesday, together with the jeans to kick this thing off!
Washed the jeans yesterday as well, should be dry this evening and then I can check the measurements.

Okay, so good news, FedEx re re revised my delivery date and I got them today!

Bad news. They're way smaller than even Ryo's measurements. 

OW 33

Waist: 30.75

Thigh: 12.25

Rise: 13.25

I'm not giving up in them yet. In the waist stretcher, should get around 2in extra. Also rubbed down the leather patch with Obenaufs.

Just a note on waist stretching, make sure you fully hydrate the cotton fibres before starting the stretch. Wet fabric stretches. Dry fabric tears. I soaked mine in hot water for 1 hour and then stretched it dripping wet. Now, letting it dry overnight. Fit pics tomorrow.

Jacket is smaller than I thought too. Fits more like a M Levis type 3 (or sz 40). I sized up thinking I could wear a hoodie underneath. Good thing, though. This one fits like my regular denim jackets (for just a shirt underneath).

20200828_155220.jpg

20200828_155203.jpg

20200828_155144.jpg

20200828_155125.jpg

20200828_155108.jpg

20200828_155052.jpg

45 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Having you been working with TCB to create the ‘Italian Cut’?

I just told them to measure their waist and size accordingly, and despite the variations in the chart the fits work a treat. Couldn't risk to receive dead horses heads on my doorsteps...
now, I am the last Italian to test the method, and I've realized that two months of hard work, not much physical excercise and lots of meals out from home made me shell a couple extra kilos... let's see ...

Sooo it seems trading up for a 34 isn’t happening, guess I’ll cold soak over the weekend and wear till dry...

maybe also go for a while without buttoning the top button... :-)

8 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

This is an anecdotal experience, but in college I had a pair that were baggy except super tight waist for some reason. I wore them with the top button unbuttoned on a trip down to Rocky Point, Mexico (which is now like a resort area, but at the time you could drive your car right onto the beach and sleep in it) where I drank Coronas and vodka with fresh picked limes from my friends house in Arizona for a week. We realized after that we didn't really have any food. By the end of that I could easily button the waist.