Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Whatever happens to mine is going to be more of a long haul type of process. Which is what I prefer anyway. I already assume I have no chance of winning something, I'm just happy to be alive and participating, you know?

2 hours ago, indigo_junkie said:

The Inchmaster (or when I bought it 10 years ago, the Bakersfield), can actually encourage you to overstretch the jeans because the clamp bypasses the top button. Imo, if jeans are stretched to the point where the top buttonhole tears, they're overstretched. This method is good for a max 2in stretch for size 32-34 jeans. If it needs more than that, better to cut your losses and sell it on. Anyway, this is more for me to squeeze into jeans after a winter weight gain. The ideal would be to buy jeans that fit in the first place. 

Haven’t overstretched jeans, yet - but I’ve broken one Inch-Master and I’ve ripped the button hole on an AI pair in 2 separate events. That’s why I don’t recommend stretching jeans buttoned-up...

4 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

@CSL - just put a 0 in the middle and pretend you’re an 808 State fan.

Better yet, put an 0 in the middle as homage to the ever-revered Roland TR—avoid connotations of assholeism & maintain musical relevance, bada bing bada boom

If that was post soak they would be pretty much perfect ( if not a little tight ) but I cant see those being comfortable after shrinkage . Just giving my ( possibly unwanted ) opinion here but I hope your happy with them either way 

Edit ... didn't actually see these are one wash 

Edited by Flash

10 hours ago, DoitsuJin said:

just got my jeans - no fit pics yet cause work.  the measurements are smaller than listed but i didn't accurately account for the rise and these may work out after all!

Yup!  Because of the longer rise,  they sit right on the [supposedly:biggrin:] smallest part of the waist ... 

1 hour ago, Foxy2 said:

Haven’t overstretched jeans, yet - but I’ve broken one Inch-Master and I’ve ripped the button hole on an AI pair in 2 separate events. That’s why I don’t recommend stretching jeans buttoned-up...

That’s the reason why I double hot-soak [from raw] with a hanger propped on the waistband, cuz it only prevents the waist from shrinkage ... not forced in anyway. Although, I did not need to, this time around.

0509A93C-BA82-4116-A451-82E4A6FCCB3D.thumb.jpeg.5af5a48078ff328b5d69f266b955ac48.jpegPopping a button got me started with preventative reinforcement,  which has now become a ritual, as mentioned a few pages back.

Jeans are ready ... even trimmed the loose threads along the fly flaps cuz I’m OCD that way:laugh2: ... incidentally,  the top button reinforcement patch was a Momo G014-MB cutoff from the last DWC2 contest pair.

Edited by BrownMetallic

6 minutes ago, Mtvare said:

@cottonskinblues

If you're interested in sizing up to 33, I've already expressed to Ryo a desire to exchange a size 33 raw, and I understand that he's keeping a list of who wants to return what. So if you get in touch with him you should be able to organise an exchange.

I will definitely do that actually.. Might as well! 

5 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

Column 88 and Combat 18 / C18 / 318 are/were quite a British thing and right in front of your face during the 80’s & 90’s...hard to miss.

Rock Against Racism was pretty much the reaction against those up to the early 80’s.

please make sure to not ignore fascism in your new home country...

@Foxy2  It seems you're implying that either I'm a racist (which would be a bit silly considering I've spent much of my musical career accompanying black artists many of whom were heroes to me - Chuck Berry, Jerry McCain, Lowell Fulsom, etc) or that I'm an idiot, blissfully unaware of fascist activity. While I am neither of those things I won't claim to have done a great deal to help the situation. I do recall speaking out against racism as a young man but I was never part of any organized movement. Perhaps you yourself are actively fighting the good fight & if so I applaud you for that but please take the condescension down a notch. I am well aware of what is going on here in the US. Believe me, the sane ones among us are sick with worry over what may happen in the coming election. 

Update:  I just measured my natural waist right above the belly button (Which i assume the jeans will sit due to their higher rise) and I am at 34inches. Maybe a 34 OW would be good for me, as opposed to the 32 OW I have... anyone have the 34 OW measurements? Just for the waist, I don't care about the rest. 

1 hour ago, cottonskinblues said:

Update:  I just measured my natural waist right above the belly button (Which i assume the jeans will sit due to their higher rise) and I am at 34inches. Maybe a 34 OW would be good for me, as opposed to the 32 OW I have... anyone have the 34 OW measurements? Just for the waist, I don't care about the rest. 

giphy.gif

revelation... that's how I size TCB.

for comparison
tcb 50s 36 on a 36,5 waist

IMG_20200617_125213_lr.thumb.jpg.d94ba5e741c422655f3dcb0fa7fd5851.jpg

the LB jeans I wear a few posts above have a 35 waist, for comparison. Both work.

25 minutes ago, Mtvare said:

They look great, they'll work just fine.

Thanks! I just won’t throw these in the dryer like I do with all my other pairs. Although they’re one wash, I’d rather not risk any additional shrinkage.

48 minutes ago, Dan_F said:

Also, I saw a pair (pairs?) with a small “stay at home with your cats” patch. I don’t have this on mine.

@Dan_F I specifically asked for the patch on my pair; it's not a standard thing. I saw on Instagram at least one other person got the patch but they got theirs on the inside on a pocket bag. 

10 hours ago, indigo_junkie said:

Uk8TGnj.jpg

LpzjjJH.jpg

You can mod a quick release bar clamp to make your own waist stretcher. This one cost me $10 (jeans pictured not tcb obviously).

The plastic ones on Amazon can break for denim over 21oz. I snapped mine in half forcing me to look for a sturdier alternative.

This is an interesting idea indeed. Definitely looking at an option to avoid shrinkage more then actually stretching.