Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

15 hours ago, Paul T said:

Definitely not posting a fit pic now.

Me neither!

the guys that have a waist stretcher, where do u get one? :-)

7 hours ago, CSL said:
7 hours ago, CSL said:

Well shit. I had no idea about the 88 - white supremecist connection. Guess I'll be unpicking my work before wearing in public...

Or I guess I could add the cat ears & whiskers.

5 hours ago, CSL said:

PS. I want to thank to Cororalclegg & DJungelorm for clueing me in. It's frightening to think that I could have inadvertently caused people to think I was a white power nut.  

Column 88 and Combat 18 / C18 / 318 are/were quite a British thing and right in front of your face during the 80’s & 90’s...hard to miss.

32 minutes ago, Tiro said:

Me neither!

Try amazon - mine is called Inch-Master

2 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

I've never heard of those things, Foxy. I left the UK in 1988. Ironically...

3 hours ago, Tiro said:

Me neither!

Incidentally, this was very tight while drying. But now is relatively slack. So the fabric does have a good amount of give (this was a long-ish cold-ish soak only).

waiststretcher.jpg

Now also have received my notification - land looking like its here 1st September.

Your arcs look so good @Bowler
@CSL - that's a downer on the88

If I got the fit that H_Monkey_82 has above I'd be a v happy :happy: - tho not likely

One thing I always wondered - Do people think the fits on less tall people often look better?  Jeans seem to just hang better - maybe especially on wider cuts?

1 hour ago, CSL said:

I've never heard of those things, Foxy. I left the UK in 1988. Ironically...

Rock Against Racism was pretty much the reaction against those up to the early 80’s.

please make sure to not ignore fascism in your new home country...

5 hours ago, Tiro said:

Uk8TGnj.jpg

LpzjjJH.jpg

You can mod a quick release bar clamp to make your own waist stretcher. This one cost me $10 (jeans pictured not tcb obviously).

The plastic ones on Amazon can break for denim over 21oz. I snapped mine in half forcing me to look for a sturdier alternative.

24 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

Got shipping info. No delivery date estimate. Just says pending. Haha 

Mine said that too. Still showed up in 2 days. Fedex isn't messing around.

26 minutes ago, indigo_junkie said:

Uk8TGnj.jpg

LpzjjJH.jpg

クイックリリースバークランプを改造して、独自のウエストストレッチャーを作成できます。これは私に10ドルかかりました(ジーンズは明らかにtcbではありません)。

アマゾンのプラスチック製のものは、21オンスを超えるデニムで壊れることがあります。私は半分に私のものを折って、より頑丈な代替品を探すように私に強いました。

Cool!  Good idea!  :biggrin: 

I searched for waistband on Amazon.  Hahaha higher than I expected:DC31A04D3-82B3-45CD-96D3-C80892A9EE06.thumb.jpeg.12f17a3e6eb3c52bf017d472dfd2a6d0.jpegCCC2BB52-1F72-4F02-9520-3BD194349891.thumb.jpeg.7c44d7eebc41347dbd39753085363c73.jpeg

358B9058-E57F-44D6-878E-369A8CCBAC06.png

E714ADF1-1693-4FA1-90DB-7B7FCF6B35E0.png

37 minutes ago, indigo_junkie said:

Uk8TGnj.jpg

LpzjjJH.jpg

You can mod a quick release bar clamp to make your own waist stretcher. This one cost me $10 (jeans pictured not tcb obviously).

The plastic ones on Amazon can break for denim over 21oz. I snapped mine in half forcing me to look for a sturdier alternative.

The stretchers that don’t clamp the open front can actually rip/damage the top button hole.

been there, done that...

Edited by Foxy2

3 minutes ago, Foxy2 said:

The stretchers that don’t clamp the open front can actually rip/damage the top button hole.

been there, done that...

The Inchmaster (or when I bought it 10 years ago, the Bakersfield), can actually encourage you to overstretch the jeans because the clamp bypasses the top button. Imo, if jeans are stretched to the point where the top buttonhole tears, they're overstretched. This method is good for a max 2in stretch for size 32-34 jeans. If it needs more than that, better to cut your losses and sell it on. Anyway, this is more for me to squeeze into jeans after a winter weight gain. The ideal would be to buy jeans that fit in the first place. 

I just got a notification from Fedex that my jeans will be here by 10:30 am. Just like my last order from TCB, that’s less than 48 hours from when I got my shipping notification. That’s crazy fast. I’ll try to post pics this afternoon or evening.

1D9C9CA8-564E-42E4-BE7F-BDC3987819F2.png