Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

1 hour ago, Jared_Lee said:

I hear you, gnomes. I was looking forward to your participation in the contest. I'm bummed that TCB missed the mark so badly on your pair and compounded that with QC issues on the pocket bag. Just a bummer all around. Did you even want to consider a size swap from TCB?

TCB didnt offer a replacement pair, and I was under the impression they used up all the fabric for the contest.  All good

One wash and hemmed shipped! No estimated delivery date yet, but the shirt I ordered recently showed up here in California in less than 48 hours, so I expect them pretty quickly. I’ll post an update when they arrive. 

Got my number# 198, nice melange look pocketing.

The jean fit me tightly on the waist, even though the waist measure is about 4-5cm smaller than the size chart.

I will soak it tonight & hope it won't shrink too much:rolleyes:

171598335130__pic.thumb.jpg.a32649a491e3c0074f3a7b438c38fa89.jpg

On 8/24/2020 at 7:50 AM, DoitsuJin said:

@Tirothanks for the IG follow Tiro, good to see an old mynudies face :p

Likewise buddy! Those were the days... :)

23 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

FedEx says my package arrives today. So no hinderance from customs office. Relieved!

The smaller measurements are definitely a bummer and I understand the disappointment of many people here. This will be my fourth try to get/wear a pair of TCB jeans.
Got the 60s first and didn't want to make the low back rise work, got the 505 and they were way undersized (sent them back) and got the 50s but somehow didn't want to wear them :D
I was debating between size 33 and 34 and went luckily with size 34. I usuall want my jeans to shrink to 32.5"-33" before stretching them back out so it should work for me. Hopefully.

What did u do with the 50’s and what size are those? ;-)

also your 34 will be perfect man, no worries, seems they’ll shrink to a 33” waist. 
I should’ve gone with your advice. 

20 hours ago, Mtvare said:

I can see how they could work for some, but I size so the waist is bang on without a belt after stretch. This has worked perfectly with both raw 50s and OW 20s, but not with these.

33 raw actual measurements:

Waist 82cm (one side doubled)

Thigh 33cm (at crotch)

Front Rise 37cm

I don't mind the extra rise - it actually helps with the waist - but the waist itself is so far under the advertised measurements that it's never going to work for me. Thigh probably wouldn't work either. Jacket is also well under spec - I measured 50cm P2P for the size 42.

I've asked Ryo if I can do an exchange. I'd still like to take part in the contest, even if it means forgoing the contest pocket bags and patch, and getting the jeans a month late.

Actually not a bad idea. If nobody wants to get rid of a 34... anyone? :-)

OW and hemmed arrives on27/08 in France !

1 hour ago, Mtvare said:

@garden gnomes in space

I asked Ryo for an exchange and he was happy to do one, either from returned contest versions if possible, or new batch. The new batch would be a month or so late for the contest but one month in 18 isn't the end of the world for me. I really like the jeans and the jacket so I'm happy to wait a bit.

I asked him too, but he said there was no leftover stocks. He did not propose me a jean from a new batch

3 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Is there a story to the arc design? :)

It's my number in the order list & I'm a piano player as in 88 keys. With the line added underneath it's also a ranch brand.

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I already sold them mate but they were also a size 34 (I was a bit heavier back then though)

Damn... :-) how would u say they compare to these? Been eyeing the 50s for some time now...

what made u decide they were not for u?

42 minutes ago, Martin13 said:

OW and hemmed arrives on27/08 in France !

I asked him too, but he said there was no leftover stocks. He did not propose me a jean from a new batch

Same here. He did say if any size 34 was returned he would let me know. 

12 minutes ago, CSL said:

Let the games begin...515909658_pocketsIMG_2603.thumb.JPG.008923d9da3239703450b6893cfe405d.JPG

DIY? Or did they add that on your request?

3 minutes ago, Tiro said:

DIY? Or did they add that on your request?

I did it tonight. Hand sewing. Not the neatest but hopefully no one will ever have their face that close to my bum...

Edited by CSL

3 minutes ago, el padre said:

Man, this is really raising the bar, nice one

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Tiro said:

Damn... :-) how would u say they compare to these? Been eyeing the 50s for some time now...

what made u decide they were not for u?

They are bigger in the leg. At least the thighs are bigger (I think they were around 14" whereas the 40s are 13.2). The rise is also lower (dunno how much anymore).
I don't know. I ordered them and had them on my rack unwashed all the time but then didn't feel a 50s cut anymore. Stupid move it was :D

I picked up a pair of the 50s (one wash) recently from TempoDesignStore. They were on sale, reduced to $120 so I jumped. I've only tried them on once because the weather has been a bit too hot for jeans, but I was really pleased with the fit.