Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

50 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Thankfully someone’s picked up on my humour ... I was starting to worry

I think I'll be reinstating rationing so I can fasten the top button.

2oz of butter a week? That's a nice slice of toast, normally?!

2 hours ago, YossarianRaw said:

Anyone here with an OW order gotten their shipping notice yet?

I'm starting to think I won't have my pair by sep 1st with the way Danish customs usually operate.

Yep same thing here:wacko2: kinda nervous now bcs of the possible sizing issues and that I haven't got the shipping notice email yet

but I hope there's no need to stress and all will be a-ok!!!

b_F ... pre-soak looks gravy from here!

duke: a totally reasonable and honourable route! [keep the jks coming...]

heyson most welcome!

foxy: so good to see you back: all words listened to as mana... plus your detail shots are what I imagined are coming...

the issue seems to be about 1 inch for the bigger sizes, more for those smaller [?] ... swap shop as the learned brownmetallic suggests may be a positive way through, especially for those who sized down given the chart...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

4 hours ago, YossarianRaw said:

Anyone here with an OW order gotten their shipping notice yet?

I'm starting to think I won't have my pair by sep 1st with the way Danish customs usually operate.

My raw pair came today - no issues with customs, mate ;)

Looks great everyone, glad most are able to manage. 

my problem was closer to 2” discrepancy and I just couldn’t fight a fit every tine they were washed. I believed the size charts and thought I would be getting a 36” after all said and done. That way, even with minor deviations, I would still have some wiggle room. Expecting that from My pair just wasn’t realistic. I’d have liked to pass the baton, but seeing the pocket bag tears after a single wash was the final nail in the coffin. I’m more disappointed than anything. It’s been a rough year and I was really looking forward to interacting with some old denim pals again. 

2 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

I’m more disappointed than anything. It’s been a rough year and I was really looking forward to interacting with some old denim pals again. 

I hear you, gnomes. I was looking forward to your participation in the contest. I'm bummed that TCB missed the mark so badly on your pair and compounded that with QC issues on the pocket bag. Just a bummer all around. Did you even want to consider a size swap from TCB?