Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

I'm looking forward to receiving mine. They're OW and hemmed so I haven't received any shipping info just yet. I'm not at all interested in "making these work." Either they're within reasonable expectation of what I ordered or they're not. I'm optimistic as I've ordered three pants, one shirt and a cap in the past and all were exactly as expected. Here's hoping!

To all that received an inches different pair than the size chart indicated, I am sorry. That's majorly disappointing to hear and much more so for you to receive. In raw form, there is no excuse for that. It's cut and sew on dry fabric. New fabric or pattern don't make a lick of difference to how that raw pair should turn out compared with the intended pattern measurements and if it did, it should have been caught and corrected before delivery.

So to help (or to increase?) people's anxieties here are some measurements of my rigid 38 pair after a 30 minute hot soak with agitation in my bathtub (hang dry). Hot in this case is whatever temp came out of the hot tap. I am comparing the numbers to the OW chart.

Size 38 OW Chart => Rigid after hot soak

WAIST 96 => 91 (95)

THIGH 34.8 => 33 (33.5)

RISE 35 => 35

HEM 23.4 => 23

The two numbers in parenthesis are the measurements after I tried them one for only a few minutes. As one can see, the thigh number is a little past the low end of what I would consider acceptable variance (0.5 in / 1.25 cm) and the waist number is a whopping 2 in / 5 cm off. I tried them on and did not have any trouble buttoning and only had them on for a couple minutes... walked about, did a few squats, etc. I measured again afterwards and there was a lot of stretch in the waist and even a bit in the thigh. So the 38s seem to be reasonable. Obviously the smaller sizes may be different.

I am glad they lost another inch on the rise. Still very high. My inseam shrunk to exactly what I wanted which was nice. Also no/minimal leg twist which is even nicer.

Still thinking about doing another hot soak, but I think I probably won't and will just cold wash later.

Edited by djungelorm

So, they aren't 100% dry yet, but here are the before and after measurements. I'll update tomorrow if it changes any when 100% dry. Also, what the waist expands to after wearing.

34 RAW - hot soak 45 minutes

Waist  17.25 > 16.5

Inseam 33.75 > 32.5

Thigh  13 > 12.5

Knee  10 > 9.75

Ankle  9.25 >  8.85

Front rise  14.25 > 13.75

Edited by buler

On 8/22/2020 at 1:47 AM, volvo240thebest said:

I've just added to the list  @DenimHound who preordered the contest jeans back in june but just joined sufu now.
Welcome aboard Sir
giphy.gif

[EDIT] I've also written down in strikethrough characters the member who've already said they're out.
I'm sorry to see not everyone's happy, I hope this won't f**k up the general good mood we've been enjoying on this thread so far.

Thank you! Good to be here. Excited for this contest. These jeans are perfect. 

43 minutes ago, moimanuh said:

Got message from ryo, measurement For 30w ow 

30 OW
Waist 
37cm doubled 74cm

Thigh
29.2cm

Anything on the front rise?

9 hours ago, longshanks said:

Thanks @tigerstrom! Looking forward to getting some good wear out of these when the temps start dropping below 90°. 

Here are my pocket bags, I would have been cool with a really funky combination but these a great too. 

4E9289A8-ABF3-4EE9-AEA7-6A337A340F5E.jpeg

Good fit man! The pocket bags aren’t a funky combo but at least a durable one and I like the combo of that brown and olive. 

FedEx says my package arrives today. So no hinderance from customs office. Relieved!

The smaller measurements are definitely a bummer and I understand the disappointment of many people here. This will be my fourth try to get/wear a pair of TCB jeans.
Got the 60s first and didn't want to make the low back rise work, got the 505 and they were way undersized (sent them back) and got the 50s but somehow didn't want to wear them :D
I was debating between size 33 and 34 and went luckily with size 34. I usuall want my jeans to shrink to 32.5"-33" before stretching them back out so it should work for me. Hopefully.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Hi guys ! I ordered a OW and hemmed, did not received shipment information yet

Ryo also said me 

30 OW
Waist 
37cm doubled 74cm

How well do you think the waist will stretch ?

The waist should have been 76 cm for a 30 OW. I did not want to make it work, I would like to be confortable.

I struggled so much to choose the right size, I am kind of disappointed right now.

I should have sized up to 31 maybe...

Edited by Martin13

1 hour ago, Martin13 said:

Hi guys ! I ordered a OW and hemmed, did not received shipment information yet

Ryo also said me 

30 OW
Waist 
37cm doubled 74cm

How well do you think the waist will stretch ?

The waist should have been 76 cm for a 30 OW. I did not want to make it work, I would like to be confortable.

I struggled so much to choose the right size, I am kind of disappointed right now.

I should have sized up to 31 maybe...

Same here i will struggle with the thighs. Should have gone 31 ow

you all guys know I am kinda biased with Tcb, we're friends and I've been involved in all the organization.
It sucks that there is a discrepancy between charts and real jeans but if the jeans stretch as much as it's been documented in some of the previous posts for most of us it's better.
I have not the slightest doubt that my pair will fit. Even with the errors it's the usual tcb sizing. Measure your natural waist and size accordingly. I am really looking forward to my pair, and jacket, and caturday tee :D

I can see how they could work for some, but I size so the waist is bang on without a belt after stretch. This has worked perfectly with both raw 50s and OW 20s, but not with these.

33 raw actual measurements:

Waist 82cm (one side doubled)

Thigh 33cm (at crotch)

Front Rise 37cm

I don't mind the extra rise - it actually helps with the waist - but the waist itself is so far under the advertised measurements that it's never going to work for me. Thigh probably wouldn't work either. Jacket is also well under spec - I measured 50cm P2P for the size 42.

I've asked Ryo if I can do an exchange. I'd still like to take part in the contest, even if it means forgoing the contest pocket bags and patch, and getting the jeans a month late.

34 minutes ago, Mtvare said:

I can see how they could work for some, but I size so the waist is bang on without a belt after stretch. This has worked perfectly with both raw 50s and OW 20s, but not with these.

33 raw actual measurements:

Waist 82cm (one side doubled)

Thigh 33cm (at crotch)

Front Rise 37cm

I don't mind the extra rise - it actually helps with the waist - but the waist itself is so far under the advertised measurements that it's never going to work for me. Thigh probably wouldn't work either. Jacket is also well under spec - I measured 50cm P2P for the size 42.

I've asked Ryo if I can do an exchange. I'd still like to take part in the contest, even if it means forgoing the contest pocket bags and patch, and getting the jeans a month late.

what size do you wear on 50s?