Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Nope not at all. I was gonna hang onto these but they are going back to TCB. At this point it’s comical and any further involvement by myself in this thread or contest is gonna be salty as hell. Have fun everyone and I hope your experiences will be better than mine. 

59 minutes ago, garden gnomes in space said:

All, take care with your pocket bags. This is mine after a single soak and a single cold wash inside out 

F14FCBE9-9431-4276-ADD5-DE11C11A7C1B.jpeg

Goddamn! I have the same fabric on one pocket. I did feel like it was slightly flimsy... but that’s not supposed to happen...

6 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@CSL that’s the best fit shot yet. 
I was hoping that is how the cut would be on us all but they look quite trim in some other shots. 
we will see.  

Thanks, Shredwin. I'm hoping contact with water won't change them much. It'll be cold water & no agitation.

Edited by CSL

6 minutes ago, Lori13 said:

@srudy great fit! What size did you go with those? I’m concerned with my size choice. 

Thank you! I went with a 31 raw and did a tub soak with them on.

@BrownMetallic, you're probably closest to me in terms of body type and sizing choice for these jeans (although I went for hemmed to 33) – and it augurs well for me so far; fit is looking good! I'll see what temperature wash/soak/dry they look like they need tomorrow, hopefully.

Also, @srudy, those look so good the way they are right now – I'd be inclined to avoid escalating them on the hot soak/wash/dry continuum, but whatever you feel is best...

3 hours ago, roomtemplacroix said:

two hot washes and air dry. waist shrunk to over an inch under tag size. length actually shrunk 2.5 inches. put on for 10 minutes and the waist stretched to tag size already. this denim is cool. it’s very bumpy feeling. also got a little tiny bit of rust on one of the buttons!

@roomtemplacroix did you get a lot of shrink after the second wash? I usually only soak/wash once, but was considering doing another (mine are currently drying now) since I think I read somewhere even the OW versions have some shrink left in them. 

I see lots of talk about hot wash and soak here. Can u specify what temperature that is exactly?

57 minutes ago, tigerstrom said:

When I do a hot wash it is 40°C but I guess some would say it is higher than that, like 60°C. @Tiro

Exactly why I asked. To me a hot wash sounds like 60 something indeed. 
40 is pretty standard isn’t it?

15 minutes ago, Tiro said:

Exactly why I asked. To me a hot wash sounds like 60 something indeed. 
40 is pretty standard isn’t it?

Yeah I guess 40°C it's pretty standard. I haven't noticed any significant difference in shrinking between 40°C and 60°C.

5 hours ago, UkeNo said:

How are people finding the jacket? 
Construction, fit, details - how is it? 

My tux is set to be delivered tomorrow and I’ll be away until Friday 28th- just enough time to soak and play around before the 1st. Ordered Both Raw. 

Construction is on point, fit is slim, with longer sleeves (typical of tcb jackets), and i love the pocket-fits my phone perfectly.  I'm really looking forward to breaking it in now.  I did 2 long, hot soaks, now it's much more the way i want it to fit.  

The jacket is very nice.  Agree that fit is on the slim side.  The body and sleeves are shorter than on my TCB 50s in the same size (44).

Mine came one wash -- wasn't that the standard for these?  Didn't realize raw was an option.

7 minutes ago, JohnM said:

The jacket is very nice.  Agree that fit is on the slim side.  The body and sleeves are shorter than on my TCB 50s in the same size (44).

Mine came one wash -- wasn't that the standard for these?  Didn't realize raw was an option.

I specifically asked for raw and they obliged. Glad i did, i like to tweak and pull and manipulate it myself.