Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

For those who already got their pairs,  I suggest a swapmeet ... maybe, using Volvo’s contestant list,  to post your [actual] WxL measurements.  This way peeps knows who they need to pm.
It’s like a trickledown effect ... the bigger sizes down to smaller, so the biggest either sell or get replaced if there were extra pieces left ... just a thought.

28 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

Mine are not going to work for me so I will offer them for sale to anyone who missed out and might want them. They're not even 31" before shrinkage which is quite off from the size chart we got. The thigh is also much smaller. Not even 12" when raw. These could work for me if they were one wash, but I'm planning on actually washing consistently so I unfortunately cannot make these work. It's a real shame because the patch is so cool and I am quite happy with the pocket bags I got. 

I have only tried them on once. Just want to get back what I paid for them.

Size 31 raw:

Waist: 30.5"

Front Rise: 13.75"

Rear Rise:17.5"

Thigh (at crotch): 11.8"

knee: 9.75"

hem: 9"

inseam: 31.5"

Pics:

o4AGVie.jpg

0ddFZjc.jpg

TDsiMtc.jpg?1

c6ysxr1.jpg?1

love the pocket bags on yours!

47 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

Size 31 raw:

Waist: 30.5" : Chart = 83.9cm or 33in

Front Rise: 13.75" : Chart = 33.5cm or 13.2in

Rear Rise:17.5"

Thigh (at crotch): 11.8"

knee: 9.75" : Chart = 23.8cm or 9.8in

hem: 9" : Chart = 22.7cm or 8.9in

Yours are a long way off chart around the top block where it’s more critical - frankly this isn’t acceptable. I’d been optimistic about things despite earlier measurements being posted but the groundswell I’m reading is that there is an issue. I’ve still to receive mine, so I’ll wait until they arrive however I don’t have a great deal of confidence right now and I’d like nothing better than to be proved wrong.

Is it possible they’ve all been tagged wrong in the rush to complete?

Edited by Duke Mantee

1 minute ago, Duke Mantee said:

Yours are a long way off chart especially, around the top block where it’s more critical - frankly this isn’t acceptable. I’d been optimistic about things despite earlier measurements being posted but the groundswell I’m reading is that there is an issue. I’ve still to receive mine, so I’ll wait until they arrive however I don’t have a great deal of confidence right now and I’d like nothing better than to be proved wrong.

Yeah the waste is off to an extreme degree. If I remember correctly, the thigh is pretty off as well. Those are the most critical. These could just work if they were one wash like this. Being raw at this fit, I have no chance whatsoever of making them work.

11 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Yours are a long way off chart around the top block where it’s more critical - frankly this isn’t acceptable. I’d been optimistic about things despite earlier measurements being posted but the groundswell I’m reading is that there is an issue. I’ve still to receive mine, so I’ll wait until they arrive however I don’t have a great deal of confidence right now and I’d like nothing better than to be proved wrong.

I wonder... my pair tagged 30 does match up a lot more with a 29. 

I don’t know if that’s it but most of the measurements for my size 34 fall on the small size for the measurements listed for a size 32 I got lucky that I tried to size up one from my usual 33 and might be able to make these work

Edited by corporalclegg

The waist on mine is 2.5" too small and the thigh is at least an inch smaller than the chart. I understand being a little off, but based on the size chart, the waist on mine is smaller than the size 29 on the chart, so more than 2 sizes off. The thigh is smaller than anything on the chart... 

7 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

The waist on mine is 2.5" too small and the thigh is at least an inch smaller than the chart. I understand being a little off, but based on the size chart, the waist on mine is smaller than the size 29 on the chart, so more than 2 sizes off. The thigh is smaller than anything on the chart... 

Maybe they run 2 sizes small instead of 2 sizes big like the chart indicated? 

Measurements for my 34 raw are dead on 34 at waist. 12" thigh. Not sure what the chart said and I'm too lazy to look it up right now. I really love the top block fit of these!

I measured laying flat, but not pulling tight. Just for reference.

Edited by buler

9 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

Here are pics with the tape measure just for proof.

Zolk5qP.jpg?1

5PSt0s5.jpg?1

nM3jsgh.jpg?1

Thanks for the pics dude. I know it’s impossible to measure jeans and photograph them with one pair of hands  :blink: but I always measure the waist aligned and pulled tight - which I think would be about 31.5” and as for the the thigh, I’d measure the inner (back?) section closer to the crotch too, in a line parallel with the waistband, pulled tight, which I think would give a measurement closer to 13” than 12”. Overall, they are still undersized but not by as much as it may seem. Sizing/measuring, no matter how it’s described can be very subjective and open to interpretation.

Edited by Maynard Friedman
Subjective not object

so mine really did not shrink all that much in the waist or the thigh. the rise shrunk a welcome inch. putting them on damp convinces me that the waist stretches A LOT. this is making me think they may have cut them smaller to compensate for lack of shrinkage and excess of stretch. if that’s the case then they should have communicated that to us. i understand this is a new fabric for them and that the size chart was based off of patterns and not a finished product. 

3 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Thanks for the pics dude. I know it’s impossible to measure jeans and photograph them with one pair of hands  :blink: but I always measure the waist aligned and pulled tight - which I think would be about 31.5” and as for the the thigh, I’d measure the inner (back?) section closer to the crotch too, in a line parallel with the waistband, pulled tight, which I think would give a measurement closer to 13” than 12”. Overall, they are still undersized but not by as much as it may seem. Sizing/measuring, no matter how it’s described can be very objective and open to interpretation.

Even pulled tight, the waist is not even 31 and even if they were, they'd still be 2" off. If I were to pull them to 31", I'd really be pulling them which is not how I measure. The jeans are also very flat at the thigh. They are absolutely not even close to 13" in the thigh. Nowhere near 12.5 even. 

Edited by dudewuttheheck

I definitely think I can make these work, but I am disappointed that I'm not getting the oversized fit I was hoping for and probably can't wash them as frequently as I would have liked. 

However, I did just notice that my number isn't written on the pocket bag, so I'm gonna have to sends these bad boys back ;)

Edited by erockisalive

7 minutes ago, buler said:

Measurements for my 34 raw are dead on 34 at waist. 12" thigh. Not sure what the chart said and I'm too lazy to look it up right now. I really love the top block fit of these!

I measured laying flat, but not pulling tight. Just for reference.

Hey so they measure 34” before a soak or after

23 minutes ago, Graytrain said:

The swap thread is going to be bigger than the contest thread! 

Not if it’s done from the page 1 masters list ... Volvo or some1 else can take pm’s  [of sizing] & edit.  If TCB can hold off shipment of the O/W until measurements are has been double checked & greenlighted by each recipients,  then it won’t be that much to edit.

... oh, & yes, @Maynard Friedman just pointed out,  measurements are “BiG-style

Edited by BrownMetallic

1 minute ago, corporalclegg said:

Hey so they measure 34” before a soak or after

Sorry, should have put that in. These are before any soak.

2 minutes ago, buler said:

Great pocket combo CSL! I'm also happy with mine. Hope more people come up on the good side of fit!!

Yes! Particularly happy with that aspect, Buler. I would hope for those whose dimensions have come in too far off to be wearable the Brand would do something to make things right.

From having sat on the sidelines for a few TCB happenings, my impression has been that it's necessary to size up a couple of inches from whatever current perception of waist size may be... guess we'll see soon enough, mine are having a Singapore layover at the moment. They've already done more than I have this year...

i also should not that i requested a pre-soak hem or 34.5 inches. i was thinking these would shrink 3 inches in the length like the size chart had shown. they actually hemmed mine to 33 instead, and i wound up with the inseam length that i was hoping for. this could also mean they tested the denim more and it shrinks less than they thought, or they just made a mistake. 

Where is Volvo? 
is he waiting to hear from TCB to give some insight or update to us? 
I was really excited for this contest but I’m scared to see what kind of issues us one wash people run into.....

17 minutes ago, garden gnomes in space said:

so far we have reports of minimal if any shrink and reports of 2" shrink in the waist...I hesitate to do any soaking until I hear back from TCB

So, just plucked mine from the fire escape ... waist, from 18 to 17.5”, measured flat & aligned.  Inseam, from 34 to 32.5”.

I always do a double hot soak, so they will be hot soaking again after dinner & will post measurements tomorrow.

Edited by BrownMetallic