Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Thanks! Feels like they're going to stretch out a bit. They're already more comfortable. Going to let them dry and then revisit them on September 1st. Hope the sizing works out for everyone else.

Waistband after a cold trip in the washing machine and stretching out on me is 37 inches (94 cm). Should have measured before washing, but I was anxious. 

Just now, erockisalive said:

Thanks! Feels like they're going to stretch out a bit. They're already more comfortable. Going to let them dry and then revisit them on September 1st. Hope the sizing works out for everyone else.

@Broark Waistband after a cold trip in the washing machine and stretching out on me is 37 inches (94 cm). Should have measured before washing, but I was anxious. 

2 minutes ago, erockisalive said:

Were these OW or raw? Edit: NM, found the answer a few posts up. Well, this is going to be a close one for me I think.

Edited by justintk
add

22 minutes ago, srudy said:

i'll probably wear the pants for a bit, then do the hose soak!  can't take any risks with this waist! Ha!

I popped the top button on my s710XX Lot 10, which were undercut.  So, I started reinforcing the top button before breaking them in,  until it became part of my sorta ritual ... to this very day.

This what started my sashiko hobby:ph34r:

Edited by BrownMetallic

41 minutes ago, tigerstrom said:

12.5 thigh raw on a size 36? How do you measure the thigh? @Illcutz :)

BTW I really like your pocket fabrics! 

2 inches down from the crotch 

thanks I was hoping for some camo or wabash but can’t complain :)

37 minutes ago, Tiro said:

U mind me asking what size u wear in other brands?

My ideal waist is around 35” or 17” measured flat.

So a lot of Brands have different sizing so I’m all over the place but the most common size seems to be 34.

Chart Measurements => My measurements for size 38 raw presoak:

Waist 101.4 => 99

Thigh 36.3 => 36

Rise 37 => 37.5

Knee 27.28

Hem 24.5 => 24.5

Length 98.7 => hemmed to 85

I would usually get the waist flat and double it, but I couldn't in this case so the 99 is an actual circumference measurement... probably a bit more than 99 in actuality. They look a little like clown pants on me now, but should be great once they are soaked. I don't remember when I had a pair of pants with this high a rise... maybe when I was a kid.

Edited by djungelorm

Is it me or so these just seem to shrink FROM tagged size? I don’t blame TCB in any way btw, I blame myself for taking the plunge so late. Thus not having enough time to take measurements, rethink, rethink again and then still mess up. lol 

it amazes me how after 15 years of buying jeans online this still remains such a gamble...

i used to always size up, mostly with a really loose pair as result. This time I went TTS :-/

You all are much more forgiving than I am. I can tolerate small and understandable differences due to the nature of how they are made but I effectively have  a size 34 when I was under the impression I was getting a 36. I sent an email, hope something can be done. 

I’ll be honest, the replacement 20’s Jean for the contest after the FC fiasco were fucked also. Basically a size down in every dimension except the waist. So I had a 34 pair with a 36 waist. I’ve been suspicious ever since and was half expecting the same thing here and lo and behold...

43 minutes ago, roomtemplacroix said:

the rise on my pair is comically high. here’s a direct comparison to the mister freedom lot 64. 

D3C4C420-520B-482A-9E2F-7F80E712271B.jpeg

B03867B4-3B6B-4EB6-9BE4-4DACDE19C05F.jpeg

I think if you compared the rise to MF44s or Buckaroos you'd find it similar. I think my Buckaroos size 36 have a 14.5 rise. Also my LVC 44s are about the same.

Edited by CSL

Mine will be here this evening. Sounds like from what everyone is saying the raw is measuring at tag size rather than the 2 inches bigger that their size chart indicated for size 36. Looks like this pair might have to stay 'washless'....

Edited by CSL

That’s tough. At this point, I think I’m going to contact them and ask them to measure mine and any that have not shipped out yet. 

If they don’t conform to the size chart, they can keep the jeans. I don’t want the hassle of returning or unloading them if they’re the wrong size. 

Edit: the email I just sent 

F450553D-8BC3-42A3-ABDE-A73E720EF199.thumb.jpeg.f2c1dd1a2ea23eb797f56084e788faf0.jpeg

Edited by lefty

It is a little disappointing especially after spending so much time deliberating over what size to get but the waist has already stretched a little. It’s not the fit i was expecting and if they still have more shrink or I gain weight I’ll be screwed but I feel like after a few days of wear they will hopefully stretch to a comfortable spot. When I ordered them I was nervous they would be a little big haha

Edited by corporalclegg

19 minutes ago, lefty said:

If the waist is pretty high, then the smaller waist measurement might not be as much of an issue, right?

(asking for a friend who’s nervous about his one wash)

I'm hoping this too

Just measured my fh5003 again, which are closest in rise. They're 33 and loose. The rise makes a difference. I CAN DO THIS.

Gonna have a muffin top like a mushroom but hey, my taps aff days are a long way back so no one needs to know 

Mine are not going to work for me so I will offer them for sale to anyone who missed out and might want them. They're not even 31" before shrinkage which is quite off from the size chart we got. The thigh is also much smaller. Not even 12" when raw. These could work for me if they were one wash, but I'm planning on actually washing consistently so I unfortunately cannot make these work. It's a real shame because the patch is so cool and I am quite happy with the pocket bags I got. 

I have only tried them on once. Just want to get back what I paid for them.

Size 31 raw:

Waist: 30.5"

Front Rise: 13.75"

Rear Rise:17.5"

Thigh (at crotch): 11.8"

knee: 9.75"

hem: 9"

inseam: 31.5"

Pics:

o4AGVie.jpg

0ddFZjc.jpg

TDsiMtc.jpg?1