Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

My 34 rigid after a hot wash measure 32 in the waist, 12 at the thigh 34 in length and the leg opening is 8 1/4.  all measurements are in inches

Minus the waist being way too tight to button I'm really happy with the fit, they're just a lot tighter than I expected them to be

Edited by corporalclegg

I wouldn't say the 36 are tight at all (see raw measurements above).  I'm 6'0" and down from 185 to 175, so they'll be a little big.  But it's a relaxed 40s cut, from what I can tell.  I like that they're trimmer than the 50s down below.

2 hours ago, djungelorm said:

So here are my lottery pocket bags. Shipping definitely was crazy fast. I had them put their stay home pandemic patch on mine; did anyone else?

tcb1.jpg

tcb2.jpg

Damn wish I knew about extra options like that...

6 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

^ I believe 1.65cm less in the thigh based on John's measurements for a 36 raw against raw chart

I re-measured the thigh just now.  It's 13.375" on a raw size 36 -- so it's a little bigger than I said at first.

Edited by JohnM

I didn’t measure mine, just tried on to ensure they fit loose enough raw, seems as though they do. Here’s what I’m getting in a size 30 inches/cm.

waist - 15.5/39.2/78.4

thigh - 12.25/31

knee (13 in down) - 9.5/24

hem - 8.625/22
front rise - 13.625/34.7

rear rise - 17.5/43.3

hip at bottom button - 19.3/49.5

at bottom of fly - 20.25/51.4

so, they are 3 cm smaller than the given waist measurement, 1.2 cm than thigh, .2 cm knee, slightly longer rise, hem almost exact.
This has also taught me that we should start using the metric system as I had to do math to figure out the decimal for 5/8 an inch, while I can just look at the measuring tape for cm.

Shit.

I've only recently got my sizing strategy down right so that I get a waist that fits after stretch without a belt. And with the measurements available and a pair of rigid 50s sized perfectly at 33, I thought 33 rigid was going to be spot on too. But early reports suggest that is definitely not going to be the case.

Ah well, will see on Monday....

8 minutes ago, Illcutz said:

These just landed this morning, liking the high rise. Hopefully it won’t shrink too much after the soak.

Raw

Waist 17.7

F Rise 14

B Rise

Thigh 12.5

Inseam 37

Hem  9.5

C7B1B9A2-E01F-4BC6-B42C-14CB83BD4C3D.jpeg

9000CAF5-9B7D-4557-B447-E5D33338EA95.jpeg

EEAAC9B8-36FF-4D6D-97D9-DBC6B0F7FD13.jpeg

B94ED71B-747B-4E2D-960C-54D92C3BA5CC.jpeg

56185361-F607-4000-8EFD-7643AC313BE2.jpeg

FFFC9B98-8DD1-4030-8B35-F9B18679666C.jpeg

U mind me asking what size u wear in other brands?

2 minutes ago, erockisalive said:

Wearing my size 38s while they dry. Waist is definitely tighter than I would have wanted, but I'm more willing to blame my gut than TCB's charts...also I haven't worn jeans in like 5 months. I'll take some measurements after they dry.  

IMG_0349.jpeg

They look great buddy!

5 minutes ago, Toegun said:

Anyone going to soak them whilst sitting in the bathtub with them on?

Seems like my only resort to get them buttoned up. I don’t have a bathtub though so it’ll be soak, wash (both cold) then wear till dry...

@indigo_junkie Has a waistband stretcher ... so, he’s covered for the eventuality.

I was imagining a more laidback steez, so I sized up to W36 ... but, I’ll take the slimmish fit ... it’ll prolly end up like my ‘47s W34 ... with a longish rise ... longest in all of my jean-dom.

Rigid measurements: W36 BiG-style 

W 18 : f/rise 14 : b/rise 19 : T 13.25 : K 10.25 : H 9.5

Edited by BrownMetallic

i'll probably wear the pants for a bit, then do the hose soak!  can't take any risks with this waist! Ha!