Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

@garden gnomes in space They’re hot soaking right now,  so we’ll see ... I’m not planning on washing tho ... Initially,  I usually just do periodic soaks until I need to wash.

Hope it works for u, mate.  There might be some folks in the same situation ... might be able to swap it out,  in case they don’t work out.

Edited by BrownMetallic

My tagged size 32 measure 16 1/2” raw at the waist and only 12 5/8” at the thigh. I’m most worried about the thighs not fitting after a wash. These might not be the looser fit I was was looking forward to. Will report back after a hot soak and dry. 

17 minutes ago, JRendon02 said:

My tagged size 32 measure 16 1/2” raw at the waist and only 12 5/8” at the thigh. I’m most worried about the thighs not fitting after a wash. These might not be the looser fit I was was looking forward to. Will report back after a hot soak and dry. 

Yikes. I’ve been worried that I should’ve sized up. I ordered  a 32 one wash, and your thigh measurement for raw is really cutting it close- these jeans might not fit me.

Shoot, probably should have gone for a 36 after reading these comments. I went one wash , so I won't know forsure how the denim will fit me. I do remember Ryo saying that this denim stretches a lot more than other TCB Denim when I asked him for sizing help. This only really helps for waist issues, not sure how much stretch you will be able to get in the thigh. 

The 40s set just came -- size 36 in the jeans and 44 in the jacket.  Jacket fits great -- shorter than some.  Pocket is a little small for a wallet.  Sorta wish there were a fifth button as there's a gap between the top button and next one down.  But it's the 40s, I know ;-)

The jeans are nice.  Wonky stitching on back pocket may make a standard wallet a little tricky to get in and out.  Here are the raw measurements on size 36.  These are way bigger than my 50s in size 34 in both the waist and rise.  Interestingly though, the thigh, knee, and leg opening on the 40s are a bit trimmer, even with the larger tag size.

W          36.375"
FR         14.5"
BR          19"
Thigh    13.375"
Knee     10.375"
LO           9.5"
Inseam   35.375"
Edited by JohnM

I was fairly confident in my size when I placed the order, but all this talk has me concerned that maybe I should’ve sized up after all…guess we’ll have to wait and see

Honestly, as much as I want to support TCB (and as excited as I am for these jeans), if the sizes are this far off from the advertised charts I’ll probably try to sell or return

Can people who have their jeans give an approximation on how far off the measurements are from the size chart? 
I was hoping for a roomier fit but a small thigh is not what I wanted. 
I’m hoping my one wash pair work out but if they’re this far off. I’m going to prolly need a refund. 

4 hours ago, YossarianRaw said:

I might actually need a 33 instead of my 34 because I am losing weight pretty rapidly.

Will have to see and feel it out once my pair gets here. I will PM you!

That would be amazing... do keep me posted. :-))

is it me or do a lot of folks seem to have tighter jeans then expected? Lol

12 minutes ago, JohnM said:

The jeans are nice.  Wonky stitching on back pocket may make a standard wallet a little tricky to get in and out.  Here are the raw measurements on size 36.  These are way bigger than my 50s in size 34 in both the waist and rise.  Interestingly though, the thigh, knee, and leg opening on the 40s are a bit trimmer, even with the larger tag size.

W          36.375"
FR         14.5"
BR          19"
Thigh    13.25"
Knee     10.375"
LO           9.5"
Inseam   35.375"

I'm actually a bit worried that the thigh measurement is 1 inch smaller than on the charts. I also ordered size 36 and have the 50s in 34. I wanted a larger thigh measurement on this pair.