Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

4 hours ago, YossarianRaw said:

Man, I can't be the only one who chose OW/hemmed that's feeling kind of anxious right now, haha!

Those of you who did, btw, are you going to soak and or wash or just rock them right away? (After sep 1st obvs...)

Same here ahah !

Why should we soak or wash the OW jean before wearing ? I think wearing my jean as it arrives

11 minutes ago, Martin13 said:

Same here ahah !

Why should we soak or wash the OW jean before wearing ? I think wearing my jean as it arrives

I think (and someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong) that the TCB OW proces is a 30 degree wash. Now, if you want to wash your jeans warmer than that there might be some additional shrinkage - especially in length. I think it's good to know that the cuff will stay the same length as you might get some funky fades/wear if you change the overall length at a later point.

Again, as there's probably more shrinkage at warmer temperatures it's a way adjust the fit slightly if it's necessary.

3 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

I think (and someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong) that the TCB OW proces is a 30 degree wash

I'm absolutely no expert but this post 

https://tcbjeans.myshopify.com/blogs/ニュース/inside-a-denim-washing-favtory-is-one-wash-bad-for-good-fades

...says cold water?

I ended up adding an inch to my OW hemming request, in case they keep shrinking a little 

But if that doesn't happen it's more cuffs I guess 

3 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

I think (and someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong) that the TCB OW proces is a 30 degree wash. Now, if you want to wash your jeans warmer than that there might be some additional shrinkage - especially in length. I think it's good to know that the cuff will stay the same length as you might get some funky fades/wear if you change the overall length at a later point.

Again, as there's probably more shrinkage at warmer temperatures it's a way adjust the fit slightly if it's necessary.

Thank you ! I will decide after trying my jean ! Are we allowed to soak/wash it before the start ?

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Not to disappoint you but the contest starts at September 1st as discussed previously ;)

Yeah of course ! I didn't mean I would wear it before the start, sorry for my bad english

Will we do the news thing with the date ?

1 hour ago, el padre said:

I'm absolutely no expert but this post 

https://tcbjeans.myshopify.com/blogs/ニュース/inside-a-denim-washing-favtory-is-one-wash-bad-for-good-fades

...says cold water?

I ended up adding an inch to my OW hemming request, in case they keep shrinking a little 

But if that doesn't happen it's more cuffs I guess 

That's the post I was thinking of. I'd say that 30 degrees is what's constitutes as a cold wash on a domestic machine anyways. If they wash it colder than that - the more reason to wash them before use.

Mine have shipped, jacket and jeans raw, jeans hemmed. Should get here tomorrow or Saturday.

Ordered mine pre-washed and probably won’t wash again before wearing

Settled on W33, my usual size, but did leave a little extra room on the inseam to account for possible shrinkage down the line—worse comes to worst, I can always wear them with a bit of a cuff