Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Does anyone know if the prototype is being worn by someone? It would be nice to see how the fabric evolves. If not just a piece of the fabric in the wash a few times.

48 minutes ago, UkeNo said:

Three days and no posts. You have all shamed this competition ;)

82AE5277-4E10-4483-8ACE-7DA0C4B01779.gif

Well that’s because there are only so many times one can say “I can’t fucking wait for my WWII jeans to come!!” before it becomes clear one is obsessed. Plus my local postman swore he’d call the cops if I ever yell it at him again so there’s that as well 

1 hour ago, Collin said:

Is anyone thinking of participating to the Indigo invitational contest at the same time with their TCB 40? It crossed my mind but I don’t know if I can hold on wearing the TCB 40 until October !!! 

It crossed my mind but the indigo invitational is all about high contrast fades, which I am very much against. Also the only chance to win that type of contest is by wearing your jeans non stop for 365 and not wash, which is definitely not for me. I tried a one year contest once, I got in third and it was super intense. Too much for me. 

I stick my contest pair in the jeans rotation ... Well, it actually works the other way.  I can’t be toiling all 365 ... gotta come up for air once in awhile.

The 1st 6mos for me are the building blocks ... that’s when the creases set in permanently.  I’ll try to just periodically soak,  if I can.   After that, it’s wabisabi ... I just wear them & wash when needed.

Edited by BrownMetallic

10 hours ago, Collin said:

Is anyone thinking of participating to the Indigo invitational contest at the same time with their TCB 40? It crossed my mind but I don’t know if I can hold on wearing the TCB 40 until October !!! 

I am participating in indigo invitational. Its only a matter of one month.

8 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

It crossed my mind but the indigo invitational is all about high contrast fades, which I am very much against. Also the only chance to win that type of contest is by wearing your jeans non stop for 365 and not wash, which is definitely not for me. I tried a one year contest once, I got in third and it was super intense. Too much for me. 

May be this time they will consider vintage fades too. They have put up in the rule list that only natural fades allowed no sanding no starch etc. Also swiss jeans freak is going to be one of their judges.

On 7/17/2020 at 10:12 PM, Collin said:

What is this contest about ?

I love that patch, but am I the only one who is bothered by the prop setup on that plane? It's clearly modeled after a WWII single engine fighter/dive bomber/torpedo bomber(probably one of the latter two, given that there are two animals in the plane instead of only one), but then it has two extra props on the wings, but no engines and the center prop looks stationary.

Obviously this doesn't matter and it's still the best patch ever, but I can't help but think about that every time I see it :P

Edited by dudewuttheheck

6 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I love that patch, but am I the only one who is bothered by the prop setup on that plane? It's clearly modeled after a WWII single engine fighter/dive bomber/torpedo bomber(probably one of the latter two, given that there are two animals in the plane instead of only one), but then it has two extra props on the wings, but no engines and the center prop looks stationary.

Obviously this doesn't matter and it's still the best patch ever, but I can't help but think about that every time I see it :P

It's a plane... being flown by cats. Cats.

1 minute ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Dude, if you look at p32 of this thread, similar (and other) matters involving authenticity of the plane and credibility of feline pilots has already been discussed at some length... :laugh2:

Ah, I guess I'm just too late to the party. This thread moved too quickly for me to keep up!

For the record, though, I do think cats would make better pilots than dogs.