Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

But if the heavier tiger camo is used for the left pocket and a lighter weight material on the right one, then it’ll be fine due to the coin pocket balancing things out. If, however, it’s the other way round, then your’re royally screwed! :laugh2:

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

I think it's a bit loud as a fabric, but I am a player and I like to play this russian roulette till the end.
If I finish with the camo, my left testicle will just play Cod, fuck it!

That’s brilliant 

^ Right, wasn’t that the idea from the start? That’s the case for all the fabrics they’re using…folks are just surprised to see the tiger camo there since it wasn’t on the initial list (and may not seem to fit as well as some other options w/ the overall theme)

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

^ Right, wasn’t that the idea from the start? That’s the case for all the fabrics they’re using…folks are just surprised to see the tiger camo there since it wasn’t on the initial list (and may not seem to fit as well as some other options w/ the overall theme)

Exactly!  Ryo confirmed that "we do understand that it didn’t exist in the 40’s but the point of this lottery pocket is to go true to the sprits of the WW2 production in our way so we have chosen our leftover fabrics that are durable enough."

It is a super cool concept!!

As long as they don't suddenly add a Tickle Me Elmo fun-fur kangaroo pouch to the mix I will remain anxiety free.

8 hours ago, indigo_junkie said:

So long as the pocket bags are decent sized, I don't mind what fabric tbh.

This!!  Can't stand small pocket bags. (I could do without the CoD camo... although I was a huge fan of MWII)

B

23 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

But if the heavier tiger camo is used for the left pocket and a lighter weight material on the right one, then it’ll be fine due to the coin pocket balancing things out. If, however, it’s the other way round, then your’re royally screwed! :laugh2:

Some of us, weighted unequally by a single camo pocket bag, will walk in circles, forever unable to correct their course...

You know, that Tiger camo is kind of growing on me. I don't want my fabric wish-list for bags to be out there in case I jinx myself. Either I'm going to be pleasantly surprised, so happy I wear my pockets inside out, or so horrified I sew my pocket openings shut so I don't accidentally show anyone when I'm taking stuff out.

As an aside, I'll be doing the "picture of a news headline with current date from laptop" starting image instead of an actual newspaper with date image. Is it fair to say we can start whenever we get the jeans? A couple weeks here and there shouldn't hurt long term? (Sorry if I missed the rule on that, I couldn't find it)

Isn't it September 1st as the starting date? 

The headline check for the previous comp iirc, had you take a picture of your raw state jeans next to the newspaper on the day, to show you hadn't soaked/worn the jeans prior to the starting date. It won't matter to me since I'm buying my jeans one-wash, though. 

3 hours ago, Nayuta said:

私は日本人ですが、海外より早く取得しても飛べません。20代のコンテストのように、私は公正な競争をしています。:rolleyes:

I have the same idea.  Not a few Japanese participants I know will not cheat.

3 hours ago, Uncle Karl said:

I have the same idea.  Not a few Japanese participants I know will not cheat.

7 hours ago, Nayuta said:

I'm Japanese, but I can't fly even if I get it earlier than overseas.  As in the 20s contest, I have a fair race.:rolleyes:

23 hours ago, aho said:

As an aside, I'll be doing the "picture of a news headline with current date from laptop" starting image instead of an actual newspaper with date image. Is it fair to say we can start whenever we get the jeans? A couple weeks here and there shouldn't hurt long term? (Sorry if I missed the rule on that, I couldn't find it)

my friends, let's face it, this time is serious! It shouldn't be much of a problem for everyone to just start on sept 1st!

So I appeal to your olympic spirit. let's just start on sept 1st :D

giphy.gif