Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

5 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Like Volvo said, both pockets will be the same.

I think he was saying he wanted the same mismatched pockets as me -- though I do understand being able to feel the weight difference in the fabrics... as long as I don't get one flannel, its ok.

10 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Pockets will be mismatched and no one knows what will get!

This is much better!

55560B32-86D3-41FC-AE75-FA047C6BA3D4.gif

5 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

What’s wrong with flannel?

I think I would blow through flannel pockets more quickly -- not sure if I would or not... just a feeling that the other fabrics are more durable

I could care less as long as they’re durable. 
I had some pocket bags on a pair of MF that were extremely lightweight and fell apart in a few months. 
I wish more companies focused on durable pocket bags and decent pocket size. 
no tiny pockets. 

oh God...
I guess Ryo took the initiative and added one extra fabric. Please accept that it's impossible for me to have total control of their production. They added camo thinking of doing something cool.
Lottery is a lottery, I hope you all will be happy with the end results.

5 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

fwiw wabash isn't exactly 40s specific either...

indeed but that was displayed before. I am getting Paul's point but I hope we just don't go too anal on this.

Not too concerned with the historical accuracy aspect, I think for me at least the idea was random pocket bags to replicate war era production.
Just make pocket bags of whatever you have on hand.

I think it's a bit loud as a fabric, but I am a player and I like to play this russian roulette till the end.
If I finish with the camo, my left testicle will just play Cod, fuck it!

51 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

oh God...
I guess Ryo took the initiative and added one extra fabric. Please accept that it's impossible for me to have total control of their production. They added camo thinking of doing something cool.
Lottery is a lottery, I hope you all will be happy with the end results

For reference: random is random and I will live with whatever I get. Just putting my opinion out there, my testicles should be fine.

Sorry Volvo, I wasn't moaning - just arguing!

I have a neighbour who has a fucking Waffen SS pattern winter jacket, just don't swap it for that even if it is contemporaneous.
But I can't call him on it, can I, because even recognising the pattern incriminates me.

Edited by Paul T

... said this elsewhere, I do like a bit of flecktarn in the summer, but that is a different historical beast to the above ...

off topic, but within camo talk ... found this in the vintage showroom book: 1940s british desert pink camo ... that is something I could roll with ...

image.png.92ecda2ca81bba43008f5c944f036d00.png

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

That is nice (the second not the first). I'm a big fan of the slightly surreal early camos, especially the dazzle and disruptive ones with the more primary colours.

Ahem, I read a book on the history of camouflage, and in the early days the War Office or whoever it was went right out an hired a bunch of groovy Vorticist and other state of the art painters. I have a feeling the crazy WW1 german lozenge pattern was also designed by some artist who convinced the right bureaucrat.

Edited by Paul T