Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

9 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Just what I said really ...

Ha, i was reacting to Volvo's post above,, it's hard to keep up with this thread sometimes and i was only repeating what ive said many, many times in the past.

If you're finding it hard to keep up with these young'uns Mike, send the jeans down to me and i'll bring you up to speed for a small fee...shhh! don't tell anyone tho, we don't want those starchy folks accusing you of cheating :D

Edited by Double 0 Soul

46 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Ha, i was reacting to Volvo's post above,, it's hard to keep up with this thread sometimes and i was only repeating what ive said many, many times in the past.

If you're finding it hard to keep up with these young'uns Mike, send the jeans down to me and i'll bring you up to speed for a small fee...shhh! don't tell anyone tho, we don't want those starchy folks accusing you of cheating :D

Lol - well if I shrink them enough you can have them ...

signing in for team Belgium. 
Resurrected my account from the dead for this, must have been like 8 years since I posted. 

hope I didn’t mess up sizing :-)

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I lost track of the conversation haha! It's hard to keep the pace of this thread. If you refer to your post saying you're surprised that folks have fading strategies, I have to tell you that even your apparent "no strategy" is a strategy, in a way. To not mention that some of your older SC jeans look so filthy that I can't imagine you didn't wash them because "que sera sera". You clearly had a strategy of no washing that made the jeans to look filthy forever. I've been there done that myself too with many pairs of Edwin and with my first Tcb's! So don't act as you are are above and beyond all of this discussion, you clearly are not :D:D:D

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Tiro said:

signing in for team Belgium. 
Resurrected my account from the dead for this, must have been like 8 years since I posted. 

hope I didn’t mess up sizing :-)

Welcome back, son!
you're in the list with no. 124!

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

I lost track of the conversation haha! It's hard to keep the pace of this thread. If you refer to your post saying you're surprised that folks have fading strategies, I have to tell you that even your apparent "no strategy" is a strategy, in a way. To not mention that some of your older SC jeans look so filthy that I can't imagine you didn't wash them because "que sera sera". You clearly had a strategy of no washing that made the jeans to look filthy forever. I've been there done that myself too with many pairs of Edwin and with my first Tcb's! So don't act as you are are above and beyond all of this discussion, you clearly are not :D:D:D

Not really.. some of my Sugarcanes are jeans that i use for work in a dusty workshop environment, i only 'sacrifice' one pair of jeans at a time for work (never rotate) i work 6 days/week so it's hard to find time to take them home, wash them (which i have to do on their own because the fine wood flour can contaminate the rest of the clothes in the wash) get them line dried and back to work ready for monday morning, so i tend to do this in the summer and christmas hols.. no point in doing it on a more regular basis because after a couple of hours back in the workshop, they look instantly dirty again and ready for another wash and it doesn't raelly matter if they do look filthy because there is nobody there to see them, no stratergy they're just work jeans.

35 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Not really.. some of my Sugarcanes are jeans that i use for work in a dusty workshop environment, i only 'sacrifice' one pair of jeans at a time for work (never rotate) i work 6 days/week so it's hard to find time to take them home, wash them (which i have to do on their own because the fine wood flour can contaminate the rest of the clothes in the wash) get them line dried and back to work ready for monday morning, so i tend to do this in the summer and christmas hols.. no point in doing it on a more regular basis because after a couple of hours back in the workshop, they look instantly dirty again and ready for another wash and it doesn't raelly matter if they do look filthy because there is nobody there to see them, no stratergy they're just work jeans.

I smell a wood dust conspiracy... :D
I read all your posts with much interest always and I remember you telling about some of your very first SC pairs that you didn't wash for long until you wife forced you to do it, or something like that. Those jeans looked almost brown, muddy and filthy, like my first pair of 60s.  A story I can totally relate with myself, been there done that. Might be a fault of my memory anyway, I'm getting older. Anyway, I hope you can vulture a pair, and show the wonders of the que sera sera approach :D
[edit]
don't take me too seriously!
with socialvolvistic rear wheel drive respect
volvino

Edited by volvo240thebest

My wife was disgusted by them but i think it was my denim-life partner @Flash who forced me to wash them :D they were getting on for a decade old and never washed although they did have multiple hot agitated soaks with Dr B's in the bathtub and worn in the shower to rinse... I didn't wear them for a decade of course, i just wore them periodically but never ran them through the washing machine, during the 10yrs i did wear and wash multiple other pairs of SC's just not that pair...

Edited by Double 0 Soul

17 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

don't take me too seriously!
with socialvolvistic rear wheel drive respect
volvino

Me neither, if you're ever upset about anything i post, read it agin with tongue in cheek, if you're still upset i apologise in advance because rarely is there intention to do so :ph34r:

thank you for this @RunMountainDrew !
I Sent to Ryo, let's see what they think.
I fear this may just not happen because right now the boys are swamped with work.

I would do it with dark red print like a patch rather than black.Anyway it does look mighty nice.

It's a nice shirt.

This plane semi-enthusiast feels the need to point out that the propeller setup makes no sense whatsoever on this plane. Then again, when you have cats as crew, the props are the least of your worries...

Pardon me I've read a few times your statement but perhaps language barrier doesn't allow my to understand what you're saying. Translate to peasant English please!

16 minutes ago, JDelage said:

It's a nice shirt.

This plane semi-enthusiast feels the need to point out that the propeller setup makes no sense whatsoever on this plane. Then again, when you have cats as crew, the props are the least of your worries...

The plane has 3 propellers, two of which have 3 blades, and one has only 2 blades. Also, it has a crew made up of cats. That makes no sense.

(Obviously tongue in cheek. I love the design.)

I've almost filled the entire xls file for tcb.

I just tag here the peeps that still need to message me the order no., and (optional) IG handle
Apologies in advance if you sent me already the info and I lost it. I have received hundreds of messages every day for the last couple weeks and I am totally not used to it.
I also have to work sometimes when not checking this forum ; )

@Yot

@longshanks

@elmer_richard

@RemsB

@urbancitizen

@sattyz

@Jurassic

@breakingfad

@SugarCane

@indigo_junkie

@olerth

@dau

@ocellarismax

@Toegun

@FurnitureMaker

@Farood

@Boras

@H...crimper

@johnny d

@7890

50 minutes ago, JDelage said:

The plane has 3 propellers, two of which have 3 blades, and one has only 2 blades. Also, it has a crew made up of cats. That makes no sense.

(Obviously tongue in cheek. I love the design.)

Those are the sort of imperfections that crept in during WW2. By '47 all propellers had the same number of blades, and cats very rarely piloted planes

51 minutes ago, el padre said:

Those are the sort of imperfections that crept in during WW2. By '47 all propellers had the same number of blades, and cats very rarely piloted planes

This is mostly true, except that during the war, the additional 2 propellers on the wings were removed as they were deemed decorative and not completely functional. After the war, they never really made a return and eventually gave way to newer technologies which made their continued use redundant.

Strangely enough, despite their wartime aviation heroics, cats were surprisingly overlooked for their nemesis and rivals, dogs, when it came to what you may consider the logical extension of flight - space travel. This fact may, however, only be relevant to the former Soviet Union.

22 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Strangely enough, despite their wartime aviation heroics, cats were surprisingly overlooked for their nemesis and rivals, dogs, when it came to what you may consider the logical extension of flight - space travel. This fact may, however, only be relevant to the former Soviet Union.

Considering the survival stats of space dogs, some historians have raised the hypothesis that cats actually maneuvered in secret to be excluded from the various space programs. They quote among other events the infamous "space kitty litter" experiments, which the Russian space program are still cleaning up to this day, as a possible cat sabotage.

Edited by JDelage