Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Dang that's huge! It will certainly be interesting to compare "glued/starched" jeans to regularly machine washed to only hand wash. I look forward to it. I might buy the damn glue they're using and try a little bit on the hem and trAintracks myself. We'll see. Anyways, TCB factory chainstitch already produce the nicest roping I've seen, might get theses results naturally !

11 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

I am curious if on the long way the ow pairs will achieve the same result... I've ended ordering ow for extra peace of mind.

Do you think it'll have got rid of more starch than home soaking etc Volvo? I went for OW too for a change , and am hoping its a very gentle one - looked like TCB think that from their blog anyway...

9 hours ago, Graytrain said:

The fuck is this?? I've never heard of that process. Is that how they get those perfect lap fades? I've always wondered. I never get any honeycomb like fades on the lap. 

This was used quite a lot in ancient superfuture. It simply makes the whiskers sharper and crisper so more indigo chips off. You also get more of the little holes in the honeycombs as the fabric becomes more brittle. I have also seen 'pinched' fades are still fashionable in Japan, where you pinch the creases regularly to fade the highlights. That gives thinner whiskers and you don't get the rippled shading nearby . Overall if you add some starch, it can give more contrast a bit like if you wear your jeans raw, or sanforized unsoaked, but there's always a trade-off.

38 minutes ago, Paul T said:

I have also seen 'pinched' fades are still fashionable in Japan, where you pinch the creases regularly to fade the highlights. That gives thinner whiskers and you don't get the rippled shading nearby . Overall if you add some starch, it can give more contrast a bit like if you wear your jeans raw, or sanforized unsoaked, but there's always a trade-off.

I've done that to my second pair of 60s and I totally regret it. Won't do it again ever. The whiskers are so sharp that they look fake. You live and learn as they say...

so I need your opinions peeps
Tcb is branching on t shirt making now, as you may have seen.
Tees are not made in Tcb factory, they're made in Japan but Sure Manufacturing, a factory owned by a friend of Hajime in the prefecture of Gifu, specialized in t shirts and bags.

Ryo wrote me this, after I enquired to buy the Caturday tee:

Made of 100% cotton, 30/2 combed yarns used.
Woven, keeping a high tension on the fabric by sinker looping machines.
What we want for a T is that it'll look best after 100 times of washing. Stretched and shrunk by wash and wear, this T reaches its perfection after ample amounts of wear like unsanforized denim.
The sewing is all done with cotton threads. The collar is finished by Union Special and the sleeves and the waist are finished with the overlocking stitch like the 70's~80's Hanes.
The print is done mostly by pigments so it'll gradually fade and show you the color like the faded red selvedge I.D.

They're [supposedly] very nicely made, high quality, loopwheeled, made to look better with wear. They're not cheap either. approx cost 55 usd.
These were initially made in very small quantities only for JP market, but they are looking to sort out international shipping too, since there's been some request.
They have two designs out, and they are perhaps considering (after I suggested that) to make a memorial TCB WW2 contest tee. This could have the patch design on it.
If any of you guys is interested we will try to see a t shirt computer render design and see how the patch would look on a tee. Kinda difficult to imagine.
I am for sure getting the Caturday one. Best tee for a cat daddy.
Just wanted to see if it's worth bothering to try and see a render or not.
Back in the 20s contest I remember we talked about a tee, but then the interest kinda dissipated with time.

I saw today that they offer the t-shirts on their JP webshop and even mentioning overseas shipping is available. That made me think about ordering a pair and have it included in my jeans shipment.

A contest t-shirt would be a nice touch. Not sure if I would wear a big graphic tee though.

1 minute ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I saw today that they offer the t-shirts on their JP webshop and even mentioning overseas shipping is available. That made me think about ordering a pair and have it included in my jeans shipment.

at first Ryo told me these were not eligible for the free shipping. I don't know exactly how it works, if it's because it's too low of a price or for other reasons.
I'll investigate

2 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

at first Ryo told me these were not eligible for the free shipping. I don't know exactly how it works, if it's because it's too low of a price or for other reasons.
I'll investigate

no, not eligible for free shipping but they would ship if you pay for shipping. That's what I got from the text.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

2 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

it's a WW2 contest..why not some olive t-shirts with a military looking T*C*B on the front...or something like this ;)

That's what I was thinking too, maybe not the whole patch design on the shirt but something along these lines.
Like a military stencil tee, T*C*B and SWW2XX Contest or something. Just an idea!

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

so I need your opinions peeps
Tcb is branching on t shirt making now, as you may have seen.
Tees are not made in Tcb factory, they're made in Japan but Sure Manufacturing, a factory owned by a friend of Hajime in the prefecture of Gifu, specialized in t shirts and bags.

Ryo wrote me this, after I enquired to buy the Caturday tee:

Made of 100% cotton, 30/2 combed yarns used.
Woven, keeping a high tension on the fabric by sinker looping machines.
What we want for a T is that it'll look best after 100 times of washing. Stretched and shrunk by wash and wear, this T reaches its perfection after ample amounts of wear like unsanforized denim.
The sewing is all done with cotton threads. The collar is finished by Union Special and the sleeves and the waist are finished with the overlocking stitch like the 70's~80's Hanes.
The print is done mostly by pigments so it'll gradually fade and show you the color like the faded red selvedge I.D.

They're [supposedly] very nicely made, high quality, loopwheeled, made to look better with wear. They're not cheap either. approx cost 55 usd.
These were initially made in very small quantities only for JP market, but they are looking to sort out international shipping too, since there's been some request.
They have two designs out, and they are perhaps considering (after I suggested that) to make a memorial TCB WW2 contest tee. This could have the patch design on it.
If any of you guys is interested we will try to see a t shirt computer render design and see how the patch would look on a tee. Kinda difficult to imagine.
I am for sure getting the Caturday one. Best tee for a cat daddy.
Just wanted to see if it's worth bothering to try and see a render or not.
Back in the 20s contest I remember we talked about a tee, but then the interest kinda dissipated with time.

i was just thinking about this after seeing their t-shirt releases.  would totally be down with a contest t-shirt!

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

it's a WW2 contest..why not some olive t-shirts with a military looking T*C*B on the front...or something like this ;)

this

with our list # on the back...

Edited by wmb

5 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Here's the pro of starch glue at work

So the dramatic train tracks are achieved by applying the starch glue after wash and before tossing the jeans in the dryer.

So wild. I would have never assumed that wasn't natural. I would have just thought they have an aggressive washer. 

2 minutes ago, Graytrain said:

So wild. I would have never assumed that wasn't natural. I would have just thought they have an aggressive washer. 

so that dude is a believer of laundromats. that's another very Japanese thing, many denimheads in Japan go to wash the jeans in laundromats instead of washing at home.

3 hours ago, Paul T said:

This was used quite a lot in ancient superfuture. It simply makes the whiskers sharper and crisper so more indigo chips off. You also get more of the little holes in the honeycombs as the fabric becomes more brittle. I have also seen 'pinched' fades are still fashionable in Japan, where you pinch the creases regularly to fade the highlights. That gives thinner whiskers and you don't get the rippled shading nearby . Overall if you add some starch, it can give more contrast a bit like if you wear your jeans raw, or sanforized unsoaked, but there's always a trade-off.

Yes this is the "unnatural fades" that I see often. Overly sharp whiskers, whether lap, thigh or knee. That and sanded creases.