Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Well m'lady's personal jeans stylist has calculated there will be 2-3cm available for cuffing purposes (one wash was ordered).  Probably go small double cuff but that could all change when they land.  I have a view on washing strategy (the same old one I use) but in reality that could go any way.  There should be spare length for any further shrinkage. 

I have a very good idea what size any winning prize will be too :) 

I took a look at the sizing chart and went with my normal size of 34 rigid, hemmed at 37

I don’t want a baggy look or more than a sliver of a cuff. 

Hope it works out - don’t want summer to fly by but looking forward to getting these. TCB seem very nice and easy to work with - cheers to them 

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Some Japanese guys are going to use starch to indrease contrast at the beginning, it'll be cool to see the JP wash voodoos

The fuck is this?? I've never heard of that process. Is that how they get those perfect lap fades? I've always wondered. I never get any honeycomb like fades on the lap. 

21 minutes ago, Graytrain said:

The fuck is this?? I've never heard of that process. Is that how they get those perfect lap fades? I've always wondered. I never get any honeycomb like fades on the lap. 

The japanese guys will usually use something called laundry glue but you can substitute that with washable clear pva glue. Aiirodenim made the step by step on his website that you can check out. So with that being said is there anyone that will use that technique on their pair?

I would imagine spray starch would be similar. It's what some folks use when ironing dress shirts.

9 minutes ago, CSL said:

I would imagine spray starch would be similar. It's what some folks use when ironing dress shirts.

not really. the starch they use in Japan is liquid and much stronger.
they do crazy vodoo fade shit like washing jeans in a laundromat, apply liquid starch to the traintracks (outer selvedge) and then toss the jeans in the dryer. Same on other parts like the back yoke, to maximize puckering effect. I much prefer a natural evolution. I find that what makes difference is using an aggressive detergent, but we all want to use the less polluting stuff possible ain't we in 2020?

46 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

not really. the starch they use in Japan is liquid and much stronger.
they do crazy vodoo fade shit like washing jeans in a laundromat, apply liquid starch to the traintracks (outer selvedge) and then toss the jeans in the dryer. Same on other parts like the back yoke, to maximize puckering effect. I much prefer a natural evolution. I find that what makes difference is using an aggressive detergent, but we all want to use the less polluting stuff possible ain't we in 2020?

Man for all these years I have wondered WTF I was doing wrong, achieving less than godlike puckering and hige. Almost fifteen years later and I find out there's jawn juice for performance enhancing fading capability! 

34 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

First - a huge contest, hopefully with newspapers.

Then - talk of starch.

Next - possible downsizing (even if accidental).

It really is like the Sufu of the late noughties all over again! 

I'm going to put some brass knuckles in my back pocket and ride a fixie for max effect. 

8 hours ago, Graytrain said:

Man for all these years I have wondered WTF I was doing wrong, achieving less than godlike puckering and hige. Almost fifteen years later and I find out there's jawn juice for performance enhancing fading capability! 

Here's the pro of starch glue at work

So the dramatic train tracks are achieved by applying the starch glue after wash and before tossing the jeans in the dryer.

4 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Here's the pro of starch glue at work

So the dramatic train tracks are achieved by applying the starch glue after wash and before tossing the jeans in the dryer.

I don't know about this whole starch thing, looks exaggerated and a little off to me. Couldn't you just achieve something similar washing and drying right side out?

9 hours ago, CSL said:
9 hours ago, lefty said:

Are we going to have categories for natural fades and those using PEDs? 

I'm all natural. No steroids for me.

7 minutes ago, Thanks_M8 said:

I don't know about this whole starch thing, looks exaggerated and a little off to me. Couldn't you just achieve something similar washing and drying right side out?

well this technique allows to achieve more definite "washing machine" fades, and much more quickly.
I prefer the natural fades, but to each its own.
I am not bothered if someone prefers to use these tricks to fade the jeans as they want.
We don't need a referee or strict rules!

27 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Get yourself one of these lads, you'll have sick-ass fades in no time

Airbrush Sandblasting Kit

DREMEL BRO... :D

Edited by volvo240thebest

But the train tracks are the worst part of those!:huh2:

Wrinkles look good tho - however he gets those..

Good dopers might manage to get some good effects but most of us it'd probably look a bit fake ...

Probably like most people - not really bothered what people want to do tho .

What it will be, is it'll be great to see a lot more Japanese worn jeans:)

guys have a look at what that dude achieve on the chainstitch of his jeans with the same method.
Mind blowing.

totally worthy of the banderas gif if you ask me

giphy.gif

Edited by volvo240thebest

Final update from Ryo re Jp participants numbers, which changes the numbers here AGAIN
three more JP guys who preordered the jeans decided to participate to the contest, hence why the change.
total JP 68
total sufu 125
GRAND TOTAL 193